Segmenting across the South Pacific WC Valparaiso to Sydney 15/02

Silver Spectre

13 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Riding the tail of the Cyclone, it’s miserable out there

Amazing!!  That's quite a picture you shared.  From when we first hooked up in the South Pacific, it was "raining cats and dogs" as your ship arrived in Papeete.  Then, you have been dealing with a cyclone.  That's quite a twisted ride!!??  It's been eight days since we arrived back home in Central Ohio and feel very fortunate that our challenges were relatively small and manageable.  Good luck with your safe and healthy return home. 

THANKS for your posting and excellent sharing!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 238,884

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Amazing!!  That's quite a picture you shared.  From when we first hooked up in the South Pacific, it was "raining cats and dogs" as your ship arrived in Papeete.  Then, you have been dealing with a cyclone.  That's quite a twisted ride!!??  It's been eight days since we arrived back home in Central Ohio and feel very fortunate that our challenges were relatively small and manageable.  Good luck with your safe and healthy return home. 

THANKS for your posting and excellent sharing!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 238,884

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Thanks Terry, glad you go home safely 

Fingers crossed SS.

When was the last time anyone touched land?

No self isolation being mentioned? I'm sure I read all incoming to Oz had to have a self isolation, but guess your plight may be your isolation?

25 minutes ago, les37b said:

Fingers crossed SS.

When was the last time anyone touched land?

No self isolation being mentioned? I'm sure I read all incoming to Oz had to have a self isolation, but guess your plight may be your isolation?

Unfortunately we hit Vanuatu on the 13th, so it appears we can go to a hotel and then take a later flight if we isolate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Unfortunately we hit Vanuatu on the 13th, so it appears we can go to a hotel and then take a later flight if we isolate

Yikes!  Well, as bad as that news is, I’m glad they are going to allow the ship to dock, even if you cannot return home for more than a week.

• Like 1