Buying Bourbon at the shop on Oasis

kt2e

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I got Blanton's on Harmony and I would imagine Oasis has it too. That would be a good present!

Cousin bought 2 bottles of Blantons on Harmony in November.  When we got home we discovered they delivered 4 bottles of Blantons.  Nice surprise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kt2e said:

Does anyone know what brands of bourbon are available at the liquor shop on Oasis of the Seas.

Going on a girls trip so I need to bring my husband back a really good present.

Thanks in advance!

As I enjoy a fine bourbon I thought I'd weigh in.  Blantons, Buffalo Trace and JD are all "OK" as far as bourbon's go, but none are all that special in my book.  I'd either buy a good bottle once you're home...or get him something special from the Caribbean, like a good rum or tequila.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paul1815 said:

As I enjoy a fine bourbon I thought I'd weigh in.  Blantons, Buffalo Trace and JD are all "OK" as far as bourbon's go, but none are all that special in my book.  I'd either buy a good bottle once you're home...or get him something special from the Caribbean, like a good rum or tequila.  

I do have to respectfully disagree.   Blanton's is one of the top affordable Bourbons today.  I bought 3 bottles on the Allure and wish I had bought more.  It is nearly impossible to find these days and there's a reason for that.  Your husband would love a bottle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

It is nearly impossible to find these days and there's a reason for that

That's exactly why I bought the Blanton's on Harmony. I can not find it in any of my local stores and most of the time it's only available through lottery.

On 2/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, kt2e said:

Does anyone know what brands of bourbon are available at the liquor shop on Oasis of the Seas.

Going on a girls trip so I need to bring my husband back a really good present.

Thanks in advance!

Ditto on Blanton's. It isn't generally distributed in retail US markets. There is a great liquor store in Ste. Maarten that sells it. If that is on your itinerary, make another post, and I will look it up in my folder from my Oct Allure trip.

Last year on the Navigator they had a big sale on Blantons and Buffalo Trace and Crown Royal. I bought 4 one liter bottles of Crown Royal Black for $74. That was quite a good price. I always buy my liquor on the first day because they do run out of some brands.

14 hours ago, paul1815 said:

Suggestions for rum in Jamacia?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kt2e said:

Suggestions for rum in Jamacia?

I think a fine bottle from Appleton Estates would be a great gift.

HOWEVER...I must apologize for my remarks on Blatons bourbon, which I do agree is a very good bottle!  When I earlier read the word "blaton" I was thinking of "basil hayden" in my aging head.  I do like blatons, while finding the latter bourbon bitter. My mistake....I guess I need a vacation!

Another vote for Blanton’s! The last time we sailed the Oasis (pre-amp), the liquor shop had all of the Blanton’s letters arranged on a board - if your husband is a bourbon fan, he might find a picture of that to be pretty neat.

We were on the Mariner last week, and the bourbon selection in the liquor store was pretty poor. Not sure how liquor distribution is decided among the ships, but I was hoping to find some Blanton’s. Hope you find a bottle!

I bought Blanton's on Harmony for $69.99. While it was expensive and did not taste any better than some of the $30 bottles of bourbon I have. I wanted to not only taste it but keep the wonderful bottle and stopper that it comes with. It is unique, artful and if you are a bourbon collector a must have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I bought Blanton's on Harmony for $69.99. While it was expensive and did not taste any better than some of the $30 bottles of bourbon I have. I wanted to not only taste it but keep the wonderful bottle and stopper that it comes with. It is unique, artful and if you are a bourbon collector a must have.

Completely agree... Elijah Craig is my go to and only $28. Blantons at $60 is still better in my opinio but the bottle stopper is neat. Still cannot get all the letters 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, spunks said:

Just my opinion.....but if your husband is a bourbon drinker he will have little use for Rum no matter the cost or quality. Buy him Bourbon.

My preferred drink is bourbon too, but I also like a good rum.  

Here is an idea - buy a bottle of Blatons AND a good bottle of Appleton rum!  🤩

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Completely agree... Elijah Craig is my go to and only $28. Blantons at $60 is still better in my opinio but the bottle stopper is neat. Still cannot get all the letters 

Gulmoar's Whiskey Paradise in St. Maarten  had all the letters of Blanton's. I forgot the prices but they were more expensive. Can't ever go wrong with Elijah Craig, one of my favorites. I also love, Weller Special Reserve, Henry McKenna 10yr bottled in bond and Four Roses single barrel.

• Like 1