Old coffee card honored

CA Dave

Just off the Grand from Hawaii and they honored the last four punches on an old coffee card from a previous Ruby cruise. No questions asked. No free drip coffee, of course.

(kudos to the Captain, BTW, in how he handled the medical emergency)

dz

• Like 1

I'm glad for you that your ship honored your card, but I find it frustrating that the policy is not consistently enforced; else I would have kept my card and tried to redeem leftover punches. As it was, I gave it away to someone on this Princess board who was cruising before the (supposed) deadline.

• Like 1

I just asked on my last sailing on the Grand, where I didn't use up all the punches on one of my cards.  They took it at the beginning of the cruise and punched a hole for every specialty coffee we ordered ... worked out perfectly for us. We had to surrender the card at the IC as we couldn't use it after the sailing anyway.  

Now, I've heard from someone's experience, they would give you onboard credit as a goodwill gesture for any unused coffee cards you turned in.  They are doing this as a goodwill gesture ... very nice, actually, as I don't think they have to do so IMHO.  

• Like 1

I also wished that Princess had been consistent in handling the change from coffee cards to the coffee package. I mailed two of my cards to someone on this board so they could be used up. I guess the good news is that our fall cruise was on the Crown, which apparently hasn't been accepting the old cards.

14 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just asked on my last sailing on the Grand, where I didn't use up all the punches on one of my cards.  They took it at the beginning of the cruise and punched a hole for every specialty coffee we ordered ... worked out perfectly for us. We had to surrender the card at the IC as we couldn't use it after the sailing anyway.  

Now, I've heard from someone's experience, they would give you onboard credit as a goodwill gesture for any unused coffee cards you turned in.  They are doing this as a goodwill gesture ... very nice, actually, as I don't think they have to do so IMHO.  

Do you recall which ship gave credit for cards turned in? 

57 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

We surrendered two old cards on the CB during our November cruise for goodwill credit.

Thanks but I won't be going back to the CB anytime soon.

I might inquire on the Crown just to hear their comments.

13 hours ago, geoherb said:

I also wished that Princess had been consistent in handling the change from coffee cards to the coffee package. I mailed two of my cards to someone on this board so they could be used up. I guess the good news is that our fall cruise was on the Crown, which apparently hasn't been accepting the old cards.

Good point.  It would  have been more consistent for Corporate to insist that none of the ships accept the now expired cards.  (Since that is the intent)  But since the inconsistent implementation has resulted in a benefit to some cruisers, I chose to not begrudge them for their good fortune.  

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Do you recall which ship gave credit for cards turned in? 

I was on the Emerald over Xmas with my brother who was given credit for the full value of the card, even though he had used some punches on previous cruises. Apparently he asked about using a punch, and was told that they didn't use those anymore (he's not on CC so was unfamiliar with the change I guess). He pointed out that when he bought the card he was told unused punches would be honored on future cruises. They took the card, said they would look into it and then a credit for the full purchase price of the card appeared on his account. 

3 minutes ago, Traveling Tiki said:

I was on the Emerald over Xmas with my brother who was given credit for the full value of the card, even though he had used some punches on previous cruises. Apparently he asked about using a punch, and was told that they didn't use those anymore (he's not on CC so was unfamiliar with the change I guess). He pointed out that when he bought the card he was told unused punches would be honored on future cruises. They took the card, said they would look into it and then a credit for the full purchase price of the card appeared on his account. 

Thank you. Maybe I'll try that approach on the Crown. 

It can't hurt to try. 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:42 PM, MissP22 said:

They'll also accept them on the Regal.

Not the Crown from what I heard lately.

Glad I kept some of mine. Maybe I should put them back up on eBay. 😉

They accepted mine on the Crown two weeks ago. I used three of the fifteen so they allowed $2.00 per punch left and credited $24.00 to my medallion!

49 minutes ago, 47librarian said:

They accepted mine on the Crown two weeks ago. I used three of the fifteen so they allowed $2.00 per punch left and credited $24.00 to my medallion!

I'm getting the impression that they must have been receiving so many complaints they had a change of mind about accepting them. 

Now I'll definitely bring them with me.