Question about new offer after booking

cruze610

I’m booked on the CB for may and we feel we got a pretty good deal. Free gratuities and 200 obc. Then we even got a visit from the upgrade fairy and were given a caribe deck balcony cabin (huge balcony vs smaller). 
last night I got a random email from Princess as many of you probably also received since Princess always sends out these types of offers.  
this offer is for free gratuities, free WiFi and free premium drink package.  This is obviously much better than just a 200 obc as both of us planned on getting the drink package. 
my question is, do you think if I called Princess they would give me this offer?  I know the point is to drum up new business but I think I’ve read on here that others have done this. 

You should be able to change.  They cancel your current cruise so the perks you originally received will go away.   The problem is that you will have to pay the current price for the cruise.  I just checked on one of my future cruises and the cost to change was $1300 per person.   I was already getting free gratuities and 250 internet minutes for being elite and decided we would not drink that much.   You will have to decide if it is worth it to you.

7 minutes ago, compozer said:

You should be able to change.  They cancel your current cruise so the perks you originally received will go away.   The problem is that you will have to pay the current price for the cruise.  I just checked on one of my future cruises and the cost to change was $1300 per person.   I was already getting free gratuities and 250 internet minutes for being elite and decided we would not drink that much.   You will have to decide if it is worth it to you.

sorry, but no - just ADD-ON the BEST2DW if possible … keep the price, grats, and OBC

• Like 2

You can add just drinks and wifi (keep everything else) for $25 a day/pp:

Just use this promo code:

BEST2DW

Drinks and Wi-Fi

$25 per day/per person

This adds the promos and keeps your booking as is.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, compozer said:

They don't need to lose existing benefits to take advantage of new special in this promo.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

They don't need to lose existing benefits to take advantage of new special in this promo.

Good to know. 

They told me :

$25 per person per day for Drink package and wifi

$30 per person per day to add Dink package and free gratuities

$40 per person to add Drink package, gratuities & wifi.

And she also said everyone in the cabin has to upgrade to this offer.       Our next cruise is very port intense and we will get two bar setups.   I don't drink much and  I was thinking I could drink the mini bar plus our two bottles of wine and my husband could buy the drink package but that won't work out.    We decided to just pay for drinks.    We are getting free gratuities and we each have our elite internet minutes.  So, that should be fine.

We have a 33 day one next fall where we have the drink package included so  she said we would need to be rebooked for the BEST sale.    But our cabin category is sold out so we can't cancel and rebook.   There are wait lists for it.

As everyone says - if you do not like the answer from the Rep, call back and see what happens with a different rep.

You will need to go through your TA if you have one. 

Be VERY SURE to do the math involving the bottom line.

That is where many people make a mistake in changing to the 

current offer!

I check every week or so to see if there is a better offer or if the rates

have changed. This has always worked well in our favor.

If it is past final payment, I do not think you can change anything.

4 hours ago, compozer said:

We have a 33 day one next fall where we have the drink package included so  she said we would need to be rebooked for the BEST sale.    But our cabin category is sold out so we can't cancel and rebook.   There are wait lists for it.

There is no promo to add to add WIFI and Gratuities. They dropped this after announcing it and before it went into affect.

I suggested to friends to switch from Sip and Sail to CyberSale. Most saved money by doing that and gaining internet, OBC and wine. Then the next promo a few days later you could then add Gratuities and Drink Package. Everyone I spoke to saved money by doing this.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:07 AM, Coral said:

You can add just drinks and wifi (keep everything else) for $25 a day/pp:

Just use this promo code:

BEST2DW

Drinks and Wi-Fi

$25 per day/per person

This adds the promos and keeps your booking as is.

This is exactly what we did. We had free grats and OBC from our original booking, as well as cabin location upgrade or something like that. Did not have to change anything and just paid that $25 per person per day! Works for us as that is just like 3 drinks a day and now we don't have to do the soda package OR buy a case or two of water 😉😉 

I just did this Friday. Booked under promotion for free cabin upgrade, gratuities and free specialty dining. Called princess and asked about “best sale ever”. Kept everything I had and got drink package and unlimited WiFi for $700. This is $25 a day for both of us as it is a 28 day cruise. I considered it a good deal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

I called and was told no, it's only for NEW bookings not refaring. I was given another 100 OBC as a courtesy. My cruise is almost sold out

This is when it pays to have a TA who knows their promos.

You can do an "Add on", not re-fare, assuming it falls under the correct criteria.

• Like 1

I called and was told no to refaring as my cruise was almost sold out. I have gratuities & 450 OBC but I'd rather pay 900 less and have 150 OBC

Posted on wrong board but do you think if I call my PVP instead of the 1800# I can do it?

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I called and was told no to refaring as my cruise was almost sold out. I have gratuities & 450 OBC but I'd rather pay 900 less and have 150 OBC

Posted on wrong board but do you think if I call my PVP instead of the 1800# I can do it?

I emailed mine and had it done in a few hours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

can't re-fare unless there is an available cabin in your category with current pricing

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Did you try an add-on. This is different than re-fare.

30 minutes ago, voljeep said:

can't re-fare unless there is an available cabin in your category with current pricing

It shows 14 + 2 "guarantee" balconies available so not really (just counted)

27 minutes ago, Coral said:

Did you try an add-on. This is different than re-fare.

Those 14 are 900 less than I paid but no perks so I'd give up 300 OBC, specialty dining, gratuities.  I'm okay 

I had read that I could change up to 2 weeks before sailing so I thought I'd try

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Those 14 are 900 less than I paid but no perks so I'd give up 300 OBC, specialty dining, gratuities.  I'm okay 

I had read that I could change up to 2 weeks before sailing so I thought I'd try

When you do an add-on - you don't give up your perks! I have said this many times to you. You just add amenities. What part of this do you not understand? You keep your perks and you add drinks and wifi.

I think Princess is confused as you are confused when speaking with them.

Ask Princess to add:

BEST2DW

Drinks and Wi-Fi

$25 per day/per person

Edited by Coral

Thanks for all the feedback. I got busy and haven’t had time to post my results after calling Princess.  When we called to inquire. They said we would have to cancel and rebook at the current price which is much higher. Instead we kept our booking with the free gratuity, $200 obj and free specialty dining and they added free unlimited drink package for $25 Per person per day if we would pre pay. We gladly accepted.  That is a HUGE savings. Overall we are thrilled with the outcome. Instead of spending $980 on the drink pkg were only spending $350.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

When you do an add-on - you don't give up your perks! I have said this many times to you. You just add amenities. I don't want the perks I want the lower priceWhat part of this do you not understand? You keep your perks and you add drinks and wifi. See above response

I think Princess is confused as you are confused when speaking with them. no she understood that I wanted to refare to a lower price which is why she went to a supervisor when unable to 'finalize' change who authorized the additional 100 OBC

Ask Princess to add: No thank you. I don't drink that much

BEST2DW

Drinks and Wi-Fi

$25 per day/per person

Edited by Ombud

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Then why are you posting about a thread on Best Sale Ever? It makes no sense.

• Haha 1

I thought everyone got the sales email I just got which has fares decreasing by up to $1000. I did not realize that there were multiple flash promos expiring 2/29/20. Then I posted this:

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

My caveat is to do the math. It's not always worth it.