Anybody know the answer for Platinum/Platinum+?

lambs2

Yes, but as discussed in many threads about the shorex credit promo, if you book in advance (and don’t pay in advance), you won’t get the Lats discount unless you go to the Shorex Desk on board to claim it. This is a huge failing by NCL, and I think it’s intentional.  Lots of folks won’t notice the problem, or won’t want to stand in line to get it corrected. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 2

Here's how it works.  Book your excursion, with your platiunum discount.  AFTER you take the excursion the $50 credit will be applied to your account.

If you pay ahead you will be building up a bigger OBC with the credit.  Or you can call to make the reservation for the excursion to pay onboard, then you will only be charged the net after both discounts.  CHECK your folio carefully to see you got the platinum discount, sometimes people report it wasn't applied.  Never an issue for me.

• Like 1

Just a fyi - NCL seems to be changing how the excursion credit works - but at the moment there are at least 3 different $50 promos that I am aware of, so it's anybody's guess whether some of the reported changes apply to all and if the old T&Cs will be grandfathered in.

A person with the $50 sail-away promo reported that when they called, they had to pay in advance, with the $50 taken first, then the latitudes discount. 

The new T&Cs also say the $50 is first, latitudes discount second - not the other way around as it has been done in the past.

They also now specify that the $50 goes to passenger #1.  In the past, people have been able to split if they asked.

• Like 1

Just booked an excursion online yesterday and my Lat discount was already there when I checked out and paid. Same thing on cruise in January. On that cruise, the $50. was credited on my onboard account the day after we took the excursion.

16 minutes ago, bjay3 said:

Just booked an excursion online yesterday and my Lat discount was already there when I checked out and paid. Same thing on cruise in January. On that cruise, the $50. was credited on my onboard account the day after we took the excursion.

When you pay in advance, the Lat discount is automatically applied. That’s never been the problem.

The problem is when you reserve a shorex in advance, by phone, but don’t pay in advance, which has been a preferred way of booking when you have the shorex promo credit. In that situation, most people have found that the Lats discount has not been applied to the price of the excursion charged to their shipboard account, necessitating a trip to the Shorex Desk they should not have had to make.  NCL could easily fix this but apparently has chosen not to. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruzn Bills Fan said:

Absolutely, however on Escape a couple weeks ago we had to have the concierge contact the shore excursion desk to have it applied.

Of course, you could also have gone to the Shorex Desk yourself to have it applied.  🙂   (I don't want anyone to think it takes the intervention of the concierge to do this.  There's no issue at the Shorex Desk about it.   The issue is that NCL doesn't do it automatically, and likely that's intentional.)

Edited by Turtles06

31 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Of course, you could also have gone to the Shorex Desk yourself to have it applied.  🙂   (I don't want anyone to think it takes the intervention of the concierge to do this.  There's no issue at the Shorex Desk about it.   The issue is that NCL doesn't do it automatically, and likely that's intentional.)

What good is the concierge if I don't use him? 😄

• Like 1

If you book a shore excursion onboard, using the app (which is much easier than going to the desk!), the Platinum Plus discount isn't applied either.  You have to go to, or call, the shore-ex desk to get it adjusted. 

Never a problem getting it done, but time-wasting for us and the shore-ex staff.  We rarely use ship excursions now anyway, but there's no excuse for it, it's been the same faulty system for years now. 

Rob

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 10:19 AM, Cruzn Bills Fan said:

What good is the concierge if I don't use him? 😄

Good grief.   It’s more effective to work directly with shore excursions.    And your claim you “had” to -  was you “wanted to”.     

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Good grief.   It’s more effective to work directly with shore excursions.    And your claim you “had” to -  was you “wanted to”.     

LOL! Grumpy this morning? Looking to pick a fight? I was in the Haven so I used the concierge. Lighten up! SHEESH.

• Like 1