How to confirm my "Do Not Upgrade" Selection?

BoopTennis

I booked a cruise directly with Princess and asked for it to be marked "Do Not Upgrade".  Is there anywhere online on my booking confirmation or anywhere where I can see that it is marked that way? I haven't been able to find it.  Thank you

No, you won't be able to find it on your confirmation or online.  I have booked with a travel agency before and seen it written in the notes of the booking confirmation ... not all do that, though.  The best you can do is to probably call back and make sure the agent sees the 'do not upgrade' notation in your booking ... just to confirm.  

This coming cruise in the next few months our reservation was marked no upgrade.  They did it anyway and it took 4 phone calls to Princess to get our old cabin back.  We book directly through Princess but may be changing to a TA but not for this reason alone. 

We do this all the time because we don't want our two cabins next to each other to be separated. It won't show anywhere on your booking but a Princess rep can confirm over the phone. Once they had only one of our cabins marked as do not upgrade so I always have them check both individually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoopTennis said:

I booked a cruise directly with Princess and asked for it to be marked "Do Not Upgrade".  Is there anywhere online on my booking confirmation or anywhere where I can see that it is marked that way? I haven't been able to find it.  Thank you

As stated.......not possible for the passenger to see.

Only the TA or Princess.

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

This coming cruise in the next few months our reservation was marked no upgrade.  They did it anyway and it took 4 phone calls to Princess to get our old cabin back.  We book directly through Princess but may be changing to a TA but not for this reason alone. 

I concur with what the others have said, including the fact that it's not guaranteed. That said, however, we have nearly 30 cruises with Princess over the past 20 years and have been asking to be marked no upgrade since about the 3rd or 4th, and in all that time only once did we get the unhappy surprise of being "upgraded" anyway - to a cabin that we did NOT consider an upgrade and that was no longer connected with the 2 couples with whom we were traveling - and I was able to get it straightened out, but it was a real hassle. We've developed a good relationship with our Princess Cruise consultant, though, and she looks out for us to try and prevent this (she's been successful thus far).

5 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

We do this all the time because we don't want our two cabins next to each other to be separated. It won't show anywhere on your booking but a Princess rep can confirm over the phone. Once they had only one of our cabins marked as do not upgrade so I always have them check both individually. 

Better to ask to have your cabins "linked". The chances are better that if they do move you, they'll move both of you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Better to ask to have your cabins "linked". The chances are better that if they do move you, they'll move both of you.

I have found that is not the case at least for us.

They only moved one of the linked cabins marked "no upgrade".  🙁

This was a huge problem on my recent January Princess cruise.  Three cabins marked no-upgrade and linked together, Princess ignored it, Moved one cabin to another floor and the other end of the ship and it couldn't be changed.  

It was difficult for me throughout the voyage, and now I know I can't trust Princess.  Buyer beware.  

• Thanks 1

So is it in the passage contract that Princess can move your cabin; even if you have do not move on your reservation?  Also what about if your in a owners suite?  They really can't upgrade you from that.