Navigator App

richwmn

• 2 weeks later...

For those without a smart phone and have no desire to get one,  you could pick up an IPOD Touch  for about $75 on ebay.   Navigator app requires IOS 11  or later which means you need to get an IPOD Touch 6th or 7th generation.      You could also get an IPAD mini 2 for about the same price.    This would also allow you to use MAPS.ME in port as well.   

3 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

For those without a smart phone and have no desire to get one,  you could pick up an IPOD Touch  for about $75 on ebay.

Before the pause, Navigator worked very well on my Windows laptop (actually a 2-in-1 convertible). I plan to continue using it.

15 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Before the pause, Navigator worked very well on my Windows laptop (actually a 2-in-1 convertible). I plan to continue using it.

I can only find the app for android (google playstore) or ios (app store).  

Is there another 'app' for windows? or do you just use your browser?

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I can only find the app for android (google playstore) or ios (app store).  

Is there another 'app' for windows? or do you just use your browser?

for laptops while aboard ship there is a web page that provides the Navigator experience via your browser.

The app works on all IOS and Android devices

Edited by richwmn

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

for laptops while aboard ship there is a web page that provides the Navigator experience via your browser.

The app works on all IOS and Android devices

Ah yes, ok.  I understand now.  

Thanks

Thanks to this info, I downloaded the app to my laptop (I've had trouble downloading other phone/tablet apps to it). 

Now that our cruise is days away, I'm able to see Events for each day. I tap the "+" sign to add them to my itinerary, but can't find where they are once I've added them - they don't appear under "My Intinerary" where my purchased shore excursions are . Will they not appear till I'm actually on the ship? Thanks!

DW just received separate notices on her cell phone from Navigator for maj jong today, the magician  tonight on the main stage and a sail away party later today.

We have been off the Eurodam for 2 weeks now.

Should we request an additional cruise day credit? 😁

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Haha 4

I have an Android phone and I installed the app. For some reason, whenever I click a link in any email I receive, not HAL, the Navigator app opens. There must be a setting on my phone that I can change? I did uninstall and reinstall but the same thing happens. Very odd but it won't be an issue on the cruise as I won't have an internet package.

1 hour ago, Sea42 said:

I have an Android phone and I installed the app. For some reason, whenever I click a link in any email I receive, not HAL, the Navigator app opens. There must be a setting on my phone that I can change? I did uninstall and reinstall but the same thing happens. Very odd but it won't be an issue on the cruise as I won't have an internet package.

deleted

Edited by IPB4IGO
It was unresponsive
  • Like 1

Try this.

Settings | Apps & notifications | See all xxx apps

Scroll down to Navigator and click on it

Advanced | Open by default | Open supported links

Select "Ask every time"

The next time Navigator tries to open a link in your email it should ask if you want to use Navigator or your browser. Select your browser and tell it "Every time".

• Thanks 1

We sail Nov 10th and I was told that we needed to upload a recent photo on the Navigator app.   I cannot find any place to do this..... is this one of those functions that magically appears when your cruise is imminent?   Also, I watched a great video of the app functions when they were relaunching it this summer, but I cannot find it anywhere.   Anyone have any information?   Thanks!

Edited by drumcorpsmom
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drumcorpsmom said:

We sail Nov 10th and I was told that we needed to upload a recent photo on the Navigator app.   I cannot find any place to do this..... is this one of those functions that magically appears when your cruise is imminent?   Also, I watched a great video of the app functions when they were relaunching it this summer, but I cannot find it anywhere.   Anyone have any information?   Thanks!

We were not able to do it either.  They did the facial recognition thing when we got to the port. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, drumcorpsmom said:

for our cruise it appeared in the app about a week before our date. but as others have stated, if you can't find it or load a picture, HAL has been doing it at the pier.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, drumcorpsmom said:

It appears 7 days out like magic! If you sailed with them before I don't think you have to do this - they used the pictures from our 2017 cruise and not the ones we uploaded, although we were checked in by a human at the disabled check in area and not the facial recognition area so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

3B56E796-A2F0-41DF-8C72-61E78FCFCF28.png

• Like 1