CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

On 4/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, cjmayes51 said:

CNBC just stated that a board member of Carnival Cruises bought 10,000,000 shares of Carnival stock today, maybe it’s time for me to add a few hundred extra 😏

Charlie

I think it was $10 million dollars. like 1.25 million shares.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Incredibly interesting article n6uqqq! Thanks for posting! 👍

No problem!  Interesting read. Someone has faith in Carnival stock. That's a huge bet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

No problem!  Interesting read. Someone has faith in Carnival stock. That's a huge bet.

Indeed it is! And he has some very valid points to consider. It's similar to gambling. A lot has to do with the 'luck of the draw.' 

But there are strategic moves that can lead to great success in winning. And the rewards are great.

Like Dirty Harry said: 'Do you feel lucky today?'

11 hours ago, jofifrla said:

I would love to know how the posters at the beginning of this thread feel about what they thought was a great deal at $35-$38.

I bought my first 100 at $27 and definitely feel like I jumped in much too quickly. However, I bought another 600 at different times when it was $10 or under, so I feel like I more than made up for it.  I feel confident that I will make some money in the long run.  Since I was also able to snag some other stocks at their lowest, I feel pretty good about that too.  The $27 was a mistake that I didn't make again. If I sold all of my Carnival stock on Monday, I would still make money.  But I am hanging onto it for awhile.

Edited by TNcruising02

My September 2020 Europe cruise was cancelled and I booked another Europe cruise for 2021.  In the process of booking that cruise, I saw that many levels of the ships (I researched a number of cruises) were sold out.  This could indicate that many cruisers like me are re-booking and that means continued business in the future. Hopefully the virus will become manageable and the cruise lines will be able to get back to business. 

Article from Yahoo News. Link below.

On April 6 it completed an offering of 71.9 million shares priced at $8 each. Apparently Carnival director Randall Weisenburger bought a large block of shares in the offering.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/carnival-stock-has-plunged-director-randall-weisenburger-bought-shares-51586444900?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Hello NinjaCATS, I have been cruising since the 1970's. I have seen the ups and downs about

cruising. I am like you that knows for a fact that many future cruises are being booked up.

I always book for December month. Last month I noticed that my favorite Balconies were

available and I didn't want to miss out of booking my favorite cabin. I decided to put a deposit

on two cruises for Dec. As soon as we are free to cruise again I plan to book two more cruises.

I chose to buy Carnival Stock because I am a big time cruiser. Some Cruisers love NCL or RCCL.

We CRUISERS have inside information that non-cruisers who just want to buy cruise stock don't know about the extra things we get as stockholders cruisers. 

We cruisers are the ones that are going to keep our favorite ships floating. 

It does help to have the millionaires and Billionaires also buying Carnival Stock.

Some of them are planning to become Trillionaires with their new investments

in all kinds of stock. Now is the time for gamblers to jump in and invest in stock.

2 hours ago, LucyR. said:

Hello NinjaCATS, I have been cruising since the 1970's. I have seen the ups and downs about

cruising. I am like you that knows for a fact that many future cruises are being booked up.

I always book for December month. Last month I noticed that my favorite Balconies were

available and I didn't want to miss out of booking my favorite cabin. I decided to put a deposit

on two cruises for Dec. As soon as we are free to cruise again I plan to book two more cruises.

I chose to buy Carnival Stock because I am a big time cruiser. Some Cruisers love NCL or RCCL.

We CRUISERS have inside information that non-cruisers who just want to buy cruise stock don't know about the extra things we get as stockholders cruisers. 

It does help to have the millionaires and Billionaires also buying Carnival Stock.

in all kinds of stock. Now is the time for gamblers to jump in and invest in stock.

Thanks for splaining it to us Lucy. I too have stock in all 3, NCL, CCL and RCI. Although it can make you a little nervous, it is the market and a gamble. I plan on keeping them and weathering it out. Good luck to you too.

5 hours ago, LucyR. said:

What’s keeping me from purchasing stock again with any cruise line is like you I have cruised a lot, but not even close to the length of time you have been cruising. I don’t see anyway cruising resumes close to the way it was just a month or so ago. Cruise lines are going to have to significantly increase their efforts to continuously clean their ships, with special emphasis on cleaning dining facilities and cleaning cabins several times a day. If buffets continue, I think every item will be served by crew. These are just a few of the many changes cruise lines are going to need to make to protect their passengers in my opinion. I don’t see any way a cruise line can implement these measures without increasing the size of their staff.  Increasing the size of the staff will increase the fixed costs for cruise lines, which will ultimately result in higher fares.  Higher fares are going to lead to fewer passengers, which will directly impact the bottom line for cruise lines. Like others mentioned, I have always viewed the stock market as legalized gambling, since I don’t buy and sell stocks for a living. My comments are only my personal view on why I won’t purchase stock in any cruise line any time soon. However, I will continue cruising at some point in the future, hopefully sooner than later. 

• Like 1

Insider buying, ie.  By Directors and Officers generally indicates faith in the company's strength and future success.  As a long time CCL stock owner it is hard for me to optimistic but we are not selling into this weakness.  Also it is difficult sitting here in the cheap seats to see how the industry gets back to its pre virus robust business model any time soon.

Hi Daytona Sailor, I used to hang out with the Hollywood crowd and I got to meet Desi Arnaz Jr. and his sister Luci Arnaz, many years ago at a Award Show. 

You made me laugh, "Lucy..."Thanks for Splaining it to us Lucy". I got the kidding right away. LOL.

THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS on this Happy Day. Ricky Ricardo/Daytona sailor. Keep on sailing. 

Lucy and Ricky Ricardo will always be remembered in my heart.

I have now started trying to get my wealthy friends to invest in Carnival stock.

The more the merrier on my favorite ship the Royal Princess ship. 

There is time to buy affordable stock.  

• Like 1

Last week I submitted my shareholder form for OBC for my cruises through July, 2021 and today $750 in OBC posted across my various bookings.

FYI: for those wondering as whether the shareholder OBC would be impacted or not

38 minutes ago, NightOne said:

Last week I submitted my shareholder form for OBC for my cruises through July, 2021 and today $750 in OBC posted across my various bookings.

FYI: for those wondering as whether the shareholder OBC would be impacted or not

Who did you submit them to?  Did you black out your account number?  Is there anything else I need to black out?  Thanks!

21 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Who did you submit them to?  Did you black out your account number?  Is there anything else I need to black out?  Thanks!

Yes, just black out your account number. You can mail or fax but I just send it to the e-mail address: guestadmin@carnival.com along with my booking numbers and a short note.

• Like 1