Suite Beverage Package

MMastell

Is the Suite Beverage Package included if a discount is applied? I just booked a sailing in an S1 and the agent said there was no package when she applied my State discount even though she said it was included when I started to make the reservation.  I'm curious but wouldn't cancel because the discount is far more than the beverage package.

3 hours ago, MMastell said:

Is the Suite Beverage Package included if a discount is applied? I just booked a sailing in an S1 and the agent said there was no package when she applied my State discount even though she said it was included when I started to make the reservation.  I'm curious but wouldn't cancel because the discount is far more than the beverage package.

I assume it will have been included as a perk. However if you book a resident, age or military discount then all of the perks are usually no longer included. 

There are exceptions to every rule, particularly with Celebrity though. 

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

I assume it will have been included as a perk. However if you book a resident, age or military discount then all of the perks are usually no longer included. 

There are exceptions to every rule, particularly with Celebrity though. 

I don’t believe the statement “if you book a resident, age, or military discount then all of the perks are usually no longer available.”  We booked 4 cruises in S1 Suite during a sale of 4 perks, Age discount applied (because military was a smaller discount), all perks were still attached as that was the booking special. 

If the drink package was available as a perk when you booked it should still be there.  If it’s not, contact your travel agent, if there is an error they should correct it. 

1 hour ago, Hodgson said:

I don’t believe the statement “if you book a resident, age, or military discount then all of the perks are usually no longer available.”  We booked 4 cruises in S1 Suite during a sale of 4 perks, Age discount applied (because military was a smaller discount), all perks were still attached as that was the booking special. 

If the drink package was available as a perk when you booked it should still be there.  If it’s not, contact your travel agent, if there is an error they should correct it. 

Let me help you...

usually
/ˈjuːʒʊəli/
adverb

1. under normal conditions; generally.
    "he usually arrives home about one o'clock"

I've never received perks with Resident or Senior discounts on Suites.    I always take that in to account and try to book a RS with one of these discounts because as someone else said 2 of the perks (premium bev package and unlimited wifi) are included with RS and above suites.

You can confirm that your TA is telling you the truth by going through a dummy booking on the Celebrity site and see that there are no perks listed on the summary page when booking with the resident rate.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

We did a small suite last year and there was no drink package included, we always get a drink package but since our favorite bar on ship is in suite lounge we just drank there or stopped there for a drink to go, suite lounge is open from early morning till late night. Also just did royal suite which was amazing.

6 hours ago, MMastell said:

Is the Suite Beverage Package included if a discount is applied?

Simple answer... no, not for suites under Royal. There are exceptions now and then based on promotions. But generally if you apply a discount the perks are no longer included. You can, of course, purchase any of them in your cruise planner.

Do the math and compare the cruise fare with discount/no perks and no discount/with perks. Then choose what's best for your circumstances.

That is pretty normal.   The State discounts usually come with no perks.   It begins with a perk because it is included with the regular fare.   If it is a better deal go with the 4 perks.

I use the Senior or State discount all the time since I want a Suite but don't want the Drink and Internet package because I already get it with my CC status.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

Simple answer... no, not for suites under Royal. There are exceptions now and then based on promotions. But generally if you apply a discount the perks are no longer included. You can, of course, purchase any of them in your cruise planner.

Do the math and compare the cruise fare with discount/no perks and no discount/with perks. Then choose what's best for your circumstances.

The discount far outweighs the drink package. I don't drink and my wife wouldn't rack up $400+ in drinks.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by MMastell
  • Like 2

for my cruise this is at the bottom of the page

Premium Beverage Package is not included with Celebrity Suites and Sky Suites. **Access to The Retreat featuring Sundeck, Lounge and Luminae Restaurant. This feature started on Edge in November 2018 and began fleet-wide on February 2019 as part of the Celebrity Revolution. Offer may vary by ship or sailing. 

yet when i try to book a celebrity suite it says

Packages

4-Perks Package

• $150 Onboard Credit for 2
  • Unlimited High-Speed Internet for 2
  • Prepaid Tips for 2
  • Premium Beverage Package for 2

so indeed theres a conflict of info

That highlighted section seems to appear when trying to book, but not consistently.

We have 3 cruises booked in Sky Suites and all include the Premium  beverage package, prepaid gratuities, wi-fi and OBC. If they are on your booking confirmation then no need to be concerned.

I just booked a sky suite on Summit with a resident rate and it came with no perks, but the price is substantially lower than the regular price with perks so that’s fine. 

It is my understanding that all beverages in the retreat lounge are free. Does anyone know if this also applies to the retreat sundeck?  

Does anyone know if there is still a specific Elite cocktail hour or do they just load the drinks on your card like they do on RCCL?

I believe the highlighted section is referring to the stateroom amenities.   It's not included with the suite like it is for RS and above.   However it is commonly provided in the 4 perks package with suites.   But as stated before some discount fares don't include booking perks.

1 minute ago, RosieRoo said:

It is my understanding that all beverages in the retreat lounge are free. Does anyone know if this also applies to the retreat sundeck?  

I was last on Summit in December and drinks were only complimentary in the Retreat lounge.  Not Luminae or the Sun deck.

3 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Does anyone know if there is still a specific Elite cocktail hour or do they just load the drinks on your card like they do on RCCL?

Both.  There is a dedicated lounge usually the Sky Lounge.  Plus unlimited drinks from the limited menu are available at most bars loaded on your card for 5 to 7 pm limited to the days when there is a cocktail hour.   Not available in any dining locations.

Edited by wrk2cruise

44 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe the highlighted section is referring to the stateroom amenities.   It's not included with the suite like it is for RS and above.   However it is commonly provided in the 4 perks package with suites.   But as stated before some discount fares don't include booking perks.

As shown in the link provided a few posts up, Celebrity has changed the website information to show that ALL suites now include the 4 perks going forward as a stateroom amenity.

If I go to the Celebrity website there is a price with a senior/resident discount and a price with all 4 amenities included which is $700 more pp. We are not big drinkers so it’s not worth it to spend another $1400 for the supposed inclusions. 

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Mixing the words perks and amenity in the same sentence......    I can't count the number of times I have explained the difference in MoveUp bid threads 🙂

I'll wait and see but my money is on the status quo.

I'm using it in the same sentence to define that what were previously offered as "perks" are now being promoted as a "stateroom amenity". This is what is displayed on Celebrity's website. We're not making this stuff up.

I booked a suite guarantee last night (it's after final payment)  the agent I spoke with stated that going forward all suites will receive all 4 perks always, unless it's a resident, senior, type discount or an exciting deal.  It was a little after 9 my time so this would have been after midnight on E. Coast   

My cabin is assigned, & yes, I've got all 4 perks on invoice :)