⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As a member of the media we are not doing anything but reporting the facts we are given. If you don't want to hear the information we are reporting feel free to turn off the tv.

I understand you being unhappy with my statement.  But, I disagree.  I've seen a LOT of sensationalism, and misreporting, whether you like to believe that or not.  

And I do.  Turn off those who are sensationalizing, that is.

Let's just agree to disagree.  🙂

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JudyjudyjudyS said:

Have read your post #1130.  I am curious though if you  aren't concerned about you possibly spreading Covid19.  You were just in Spain which is at the epicenter of the pandemic.  Only 3 countries have more cases than Spain.  You don't think 14 days of self quarantine and social distancing would be a good call?  Crazy times for sure and a top down day here as well.  Top down days are social distancing if we stay in our ragtops.  Best of luck to yall and hope you stay healthy.  Not panicking here, but am very concerned the US is on the same path Italy is on.  

I am practicing social distancing. I have been to CVS twice, Publix twice, and returned the rental car. Total trips out is three because I combine if possible. I offer to wait on the elevator, I have touched no one, I pick up Bella if anyone gets close.

The car picture is at the polling station.

We are following the instructions given to us to the letter. Daily temp readings are still below 98.8

I have cancelled or rescheduled any appointments. 

On the other hand, the neighbors are holding shuffleboard, bocce, and pickleball tourneys. End of year parties, aerobics classes, etc..

Way more than ten people, and they are all north of 65.  Indeed,  craziness is rampant

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There is a post on another site from a woman who just returned this weekend from a caribbean cruise. She lives in Florida and was not permitted to vote (couldn’t enter the polling place ) because she was recently on a cruise ship. 

M

Should I have to wear a patch identifying my status?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Social distancing is different than self-quarantining. You were recently in Spain and LHR. My comments have no relation to liking people or not. 

Read the instructions in post #1130

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You are making a lot of assumptions, and here I thought you were starting to like me.

I am also one who was thinking the same thing but chose not to bring it up.  You know the sheet you were given was outdated and saw the sheet that was posted by someone else that returned at the same time to a different airport.  I personally think all three of you should have quarantined for at least 14 days and would have done so if I was returning from that cruise. 

I have chosen to become a hermit for the most part because I live in a county that has the most cases of infected individuals in Massachusetts likely because of being in the same county as Biogen.  I am sure there are others that should be self quarantining that have chosen not to, so I am doing what I can to protect myself and my family.  Unfortunately, both my husband and son have been declared essential personnel by their companies, so must go to work each day.  We are just hoping that neither works with someone who is supposed to be quarantined.

I do hope that you all remain healthy and are not carrying the virus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No, I did not.

I said we were told to follow the protocols listed in the second part of the document

My last comment about self-quarantine.

In your post 1130 in response to instructions Twangster shared  you said

"Ours was different

Here are some highlights

Obviously developed a few weeks ago"    

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

On the other hand, the neighbors are holding shuffleboard, bocce, and pickleball tourneys. End of year parties, aerobics classes, etc..

Way more than ten people, and they are all north of 65.  Indeed,  craziness is rampant

The Florida community where my Mom lives just closed all their pools and people are having fights on another site about why that is a stupid idea because people need exercise.  The cancelling of the St Patricks Day Parade has others going nuts.  People don't get social distancing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No, I did not.

I said we were told to follow the protocols listed in the second part of the document

I think the issue is that it was reported (media) when all flights were banned from Europe,  that all US Citizens could return, and would  go into self quarantine, if no signs of fever/O2.  That’s what I recall.  It could have been just more media hysteria. Obviously, that’s not what you were told. So here again, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Not your fault. 

Peace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

My last comment about self-quarantine.

In your post 1130 in response to instructions Twangster shared  you said

"Ours was different

Here are some highlights

Obviously developed a few weeks ago"    

That doesn't mean the underlying instructions changed.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think the issue is that it was reported (media) when all flights were banned from Europe,  that all US Citizens could return, and would  go into self quarantine, if no signs of fever/O2.  That’s what I recall.  It could have been just more media hysteria. Obviously, that’s not what you were told. So here again, the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Not your fault. 

Peace

Things were in flux all weekend. And for the most part, still are.

Honestly doing the best we can. 

No Taco Tuesday 😥

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

People don't get social distancing.

I think it's that some people don't care. At the supermarket I kept six feet back from a woman and her three kids. Someone saw an opening and tried to cut the line. In the meantime, the cashier shut his lane down because he didn't see me waiting. At the pet supply store, I kept six feet back from the next customer and I had someone breathing down my neck. Still have to go out and get stuff and not be a hoarder. The stay at home thing is good for me because people can't get their act together. Unfortunately, my wife just started working at a supermarket, so it's all day contact for her.

We're all trying to figure out how to cope.

• Like 7

Just have to ask how the wife is, as you reported on a public forum she had a fever and a sore throat early on in the cruise.

Did she actually get tested on the ship or did they just pass it off as normal flu or another illness.

Did she after visiting the medics on board mingle?

Having two of the reported known signs and symptoms of Covid-19 , I would certainly want to get myself tested to protect my family members and others.

Curious mind (s)

• Like 2