⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

Just now, Biker19 said:

Not sure even the Canaries are warm enough to save all those plants over the winter. It won't cost RCI that much to bring her back to Florida.

My whole premise was based on the possibility of completing the Amplification prior to 2021.

Plus we don't even know when the pods can be worked on and the 5 year inspection can happen. 

She won't return without those being done.

Look, I know that money is tight, contracts are cancelled, penalties if applicable have been paid, etc..

But most of the parts and pieces for the amp are probably in Spain or at least Europe, so if they can get any cash flow, they could renegotiate new contracts and move forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Allure is the only ship that has made it over to Europe on a transatlantic , all others cancelled and the ships still over the other side of the pond .

Bookings over here with no ships  , Allure is here, could transfer those bookings if guests were offered it . Pent up demand . 
There are more than enough ships over in America to transfer the winter Allure Caribbean bookings . The schedules are screwed anyway and can be changed .
Just my observations.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

In my amateur opinion, the Med this summer is done. Stick a fork in it. Royal is just slowly removing the bandage.

Winter is off-season for the Med. Does anyone believe there is demand anyway? I just don't see it. Transfer bookings? People  are too fussy about the ship they are on. What I see are long lines at the food banks and unemployment offices which makes me think the demand side of the equation is not all that great and won't be for a very long time. Greatest economic downturn in Europe since WWII. More likely that they will bring Allure back after the dry dock or as scheduled in November, whichever comes later. I guess I just don't see Allure staying through the winter as even being remotely likely.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I wonder what it costs to replace all the greenery in the CP.......

That and the fact that Allure is not any fun in the cold weather for the guests either. But what do I know... ;-)

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Winter is off-season for the Med. Does anyone believe there is demand anyway? I just don't see it. Transfer bookings? People  are too fussy about the ship they are on. What I see are long lines at the food banks and unemployment offices which makes me think the demand side of the equation is not all that great and won't be for a very long time. Greatest economic downturn in Europe since WWII. More likely that they will bring Allure back after the dry dock or as scheduled in November, whichever comes later. I guess I just don't see Allure staying through the winter as even being remotely likely.

That and the fact that Allure is not any fun in the cold weather for the guests either. But what do I know... 😉

FWIW, I never, repeat never, said Allure would have passengers in the winter off season. I said it might stay there,  possibly get amped, and then be ready for a summer seadon in the Med.

The pent up demand would be for people wanting to cruise Europe in 21. And yes Harmony would be there as well. Heck, maybe even Odyssey.  Who knows

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I never, repeat never, said Allure would have passengers in the winter off season. I said it might stay there,  possibly get amped, and then be ready for a summer seadon in the Med.

The pent up demand would be for people wanting to cruise Europe in 21. And yes Harmony would be there as well. Heck, maybe even Odyssey.  Who knows

I can't imagine them parking Allure for the next 11-12 months with no guests. What seems more likely to me is that they will temporarily cut the capacity of the ships in half for distancing and sanitation and then she will be more useful in the Caribbean amped or not.

22 minutes ago, Pratique said:

That and the fact that Allure is not any fun in the cold weather for the guests either. But what do I know... 😉

Yes  Winter is the off season in the Med and we have cruised several times in the off season between November and March firstly with RCI out of Barcelona and Southampton  but  In more  recent years we have cruised with MSC in the Winter and the ships always seem to be full but they do interporting  so that helps filling the ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

I can't imagine them parking Allure for the next 11-12 months with no guests. What seems more likely to me is that they will temporarily cut the capacity of the ships in half for distancing and sanitation and then she will be more useful in the Caribbean amped or not.

That is a valid theory. 

There are also reports that some cruise lines will be parking part of their fleets as well. Carnival comes to mind.

I also feel that the big girls will be more likely to sail than the smaller ships. The whole ship as a destination theory.

But as you said earlier, is there enough demand, given the state of the economy, to need all the fleet?

And if not, why not leave her over there on a gamble to pick up a reborn Europe in summer 21. 

Just a theory. And since this is just a review thread anyway, does it really matter how valid it is. 😉

enjoy the rest of your day, stay safe, stay home.

5 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

Yes  Winter is the off season in the Med and we have cruised several times in the off season between November and March firstly with RCI out of Barcelona and Southampton  but  In more  recent years we have cruised with MSC in the Winter and the ships always seem to be full but they do interporting  so that helps filling the ships. 

Explorer used to do winter out of Malaga I understand

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Explorer used to do winter out of Malaga I understand

Good try but it was Adventure , I should know we sailed on her  😆 but she wasn’t there all Winter . 
Brilliance did Barcelona all year round for one year and Indie tried Southampton for two but binned it after that , no one spending onboard . 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Thanks 1

There is a little news out of Malaga this week. The source so far is a magazine for Swedes and Scandinavians living on the Costa del Sol. They state their source is the Port of Malaga. 

There is a big push for Seatrade Cruise Med to be the first international event in Malaga in September of 2020. The government has been pushing for an October resumption of international travel and the Labor Minister stated last week that there would be no international tourism until the end of the year. 

There seems to be a considerable amount of push back this week both in Spain and at the EU level. 

This event would have over 4000 attendees from the cruise industry, ports and destinations along with the tourism sector.  

https://www.svenskamagasinet.nu/nyhet_15329_de-stora-evenemangen-i-spanien-startar-upp-till-hosten

https://www.seatradecruiseevents.com/med/en/home.html

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just a theory. And since this is just a review thread anyway, does it really matter how valid it is. 😉

Thank you for tolerating me as I poke holes in everyone's theories. As you once told me years ago, that's how we learn, no?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Thank you for tolerating me as I poke holes in everyone's theories. As you once told me years ago, that's how we learn, no?

No worries. Maybe this is a good start for a thread when the June cancellations are announced. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

There is a little news out of Malaga this week. The source so far is a magazine for Swedes and Scandinavians living on the Costa del Sol. They state their source is the Port of Malaga. 

There is a big push for Seatrade Cruise Med to be the first international event in Malaga in September of 2020. The government has been pushing for an October resumption of international travel and the Labor Minister stated last week that there would be no international tourism until the end of the year. 

There seems to be a considerable amount of push back this week both in Spain and at the EU level. 

This event would have over 4000 attendees from the cruise industry, ports and destinations along with the tourism sector.  

https://www.svenskamagasinet.nu/nyhet_15329_de-stora-evenemangen-i-spanien-startar-upp-till-hosten

https://www.seatradecruiseevents.com/med/en/home.html

So, if there is no international travel until October, does it make any sense to send ships over for 4-6 weeks?

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, if there is no international travel until October, does it make any sense to send ships over for 4-6 weeks?

For RCI it would seem that only Jewel and Allure that are both still in Europe could sail. 

It seems the push is now on to get tourism up and running for September, but still too late to bring in eastbound TAs. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't think they'll do it, unless it stays in the Med this winter. And if that's the case, your January trip is toast.

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021

She could do a winter season from Southampton to The Canary Islands with stops in Lisbon and Maderia? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

She could do a winter season from Southampton to The Canary Islands with stops in Lisbon and Maderia? 

I think cold weather cruises on an O class ship would be horrible. The most unique parts of the ship would be uncomfortable.... Aqua Theater, Boardwalk, Central Park, Solarium... I imagine the Royal Promenade being packed with people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think cold weather cruises on an O class ship would be horrible. The most unique parts of the ship would be uncomfortable.... Aqua Theater, Boardwalk, Central Park, Solarium... I imagine the Royal Promenade being packed with people.

True its probably not the best class of ship for winter cruises. I've never done that route so not sure when it starts to warm up, probably by day 3 or 4 of a 2 week cruise? Probably wouldn't sail full, so may be OK if only half full. Though personally I'm not ready to cruise for a year or so yet 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In my amateur opinion, the Med this summer is done. Stick a fork in it. Royal is just slowly removing the bandage.

I agree. I'm just sitting back and waiting for them to get around to admitting it and cancel my sailings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We had about 4000 people on the TA from what I recall. Weather was hit or miss. Inside areas never that crowded

18 hours ago, Pratique said:

They are likely to park several ships for 11-12 months … and the Oasis class will be a likely target since they have so many cabins to fill. If they start sailing with part of the fleet, I tend to believe it will be Freedom or Voyager class.

• Like 1

Just now, emeraldcity said:

They are likely to park several ships for 11-12 months … and the Oasis class will be a likely target since they have so many cabins to fill. If they start sailing with part of the fleet, I tend to believe it will be Freedom or Voyager class.

Possibly, but Oasis ships are great if you don't have many ports available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't argue that point. It's a fantastic class for sea days … inside or out.

Did you notice how the Boardwalk always seemed warmer than Central Park?

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Less people on Oasis Class would be an awesome cruise. We would pay more to cruise in this situation. Block out the insides and ocean view cabins, raise the price of remaining cabins. The SL/CK would be great. 

In my opinion 

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Less people on Oasis Class would be an awesome cruise. We would pay more to cruise in this situation. Block out the insides and ocean view cabins, raise the price of remaining cabins. The SL/CK would be great. 

In my opinion 

You missed your chance … the Allure did the March TA with 4000. Constant movement of people upgrading throughout the first part of the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1