Does "beverage-gate" transfer to new sailing?

It's after final payment and our traveling companions are considering cancelling.  I know we will  each be charged $100.00 and the remaining money must be put toward a cruise within 1 year.  We were fortunate enough to get in on the" beverage-gate" low low price drink package mistake.  Will that transfer to the new sailing or will we have to pay the prevailing price?

1 hour ago, okeytaco said:

It's after final payment and our traveling companions are considering cancelling.  I know we will  each be charged $100.00 and the remaining money must be put toward a cruise within 1 year.  We were fortunate enough to get in on the" beverage-gate" low low price drink package mistake.  Will that transfer to the new sailing or will we have to pay the prevailing price?

In NA if it is after the final payment date for your current cruise then if you cancel the charge will be as follows unless your booking is different for some reason. This schedule start at 74 days prior (at 50%) for a 4  or less nights cruise

Prior to Final Payment Due Date No Charge (except for Non-Refundable Deposit amounts)
89 to 75 Days Prior to Sailing          25% Per Guest
74 to 61 Days Prior to Sailing          50% Per Guest
60 to 31 Days Prior to Sailing          75% Per Guest
30 to 0 Days Prior to Sailing            100% Per Guest

The $100 charge and FCC for the balance of the deposit is only for cancellation prior to the final payment date for a cruise with a Non-Refundable Deposit.

Charge schedule is different for non-NA bookings but I believe you still lose more than $100 PP if cruise is cancelled after the final payment date. 

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

No, when you cancel all purchases will be refunded to the original form of purchase and you will have to repurchase after you book your new cruise at the prevailing rate.

Yep, just had to cancel one of my beverage gate purchases yesterday.  Too good a deal to let that great deal stand in the way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yep, just had to cancel one of my beverage gate purchases yesterday.  Too good a deal to let that great deal stand in the way.

Guessing that they end up with 10 percent or more cancellations for whatever reason of the bevetage gate bookings

45 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Not going to lie, it's actually the main reason we avoided cancelling our Med cruises (back to back with beverage-gate on both)

We have a pretty pricey MA cruise booked for August that we will probably keep since we have the great priced beverage package on it😇

• Like 1