If a sailing is cancelled do they refund airfare if it was purchased through Princess?

fluffybunny22

We are on the 6/8 sailing of the Sky. We had a mix up in October and Princess ticketed our air to resolve the situation. We booked through a TA that requires you to pay in full 2 weeks before the actual PIF date so we've already PIF. We don't want to cancel but if something happens does Princess refund airfare? We have business class booked so it's a good chunk of change. This cruise may not be meant to be because we've been trying to do this itinerary for years.

10 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We are on the 6/8 sailing of the Sky. We had a mix up in October and Princess ticketed our air to resolve the situation. We booked through a TA that requires you to pay in full 2 weeks before the actual PIF date so we've already PIF. We don't want to cancel but if something happens does Princess refund airfare? We have business class booked so it's a good chunk of change. This cruise may not be meant to be because we've been trying to do this itinerary for years.

If it is before final yes you should get the air back as well.

Sounds like you need  new TA.

If Princess cancels. The cruise they will refund all components booked through them - cruise, air, pre/post hotel packages, etc. 

If you choose to voluntarily  cancel you will be subject to the policy in place as of the day you cancel. Cancellation policies in place today could be different tomorrow or two weeks from now as things continue to evolve. 

I just asked our Princess consultant this question on Monday. If you have the CFAR insurance and it’s after final payment you can get cost of airfare returned if it is canceled before 45 days out.  If it’s before final payment then no problem. You probably haven’t paid yet!  

Thank you for this very helpful info, but would appreciate a response to this sort of twist on it:

We have purchased everything through Princess for a 5/9 Alaska on the Grand: Princess Air, cruisetour, shore excursions, and we have made final payment (it was due on 2/9).  We are willing to go on the cruise if it sails.  Our worry is that our flight to Seattle (we are flying there, then taking Amtrak up to Vancouver) might be canceled, as the airlines are beginning to cut back on their routes.  We live in Chicago, so driving is really not an option.

We have CFAR insurance, if this plays into the question.

If the airline reservations that we made through Princess are canceled, will they refund everything to us since we won't be able to take the cruise under those circumstances?  

Thank you for any info.

I do not believe the airlines will be cancelling flights to Seattle.  They are cancelling flights to China; but not to US destinations. Right now both airlines and cruise lines are allowing for cancellation or rebooking without penalties.  

I have a questioning  another variation of this cancellation issue.  We are booked on the 3/22 Grand Princess.  I give us a 50/50 shot now of this cruise being cancelled.  If I wanted to keep my air booking (booked through ez air) can I?  We are considering still flying in to CA and renting a car and doing a self guided tour.   The flights were very reasonably priced and are non stop.  

Edited by knbcruisers

1 hour ago, knbcruisers said:

I have a questioning  another variation of this cancellation issue.  We are booked on the 3/22 Grand Princess.  I give us a 50/50 shot now of this cruise being cancelled.  If I wanted to keep my air booking (booked through ez air) can I?  We are considering still flying in to CA and renting a car and doing a self guided tour.   The flights were very reasonably priced and are non stop.  

Think I read somewhere that If cruise is cancelled by Princess that EZ-Air is also cancelled.  We too have everything booked together, so I picked up on that.

15 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

In regards to refunds not sure if someone can answer in America when you get 100% refund does that include your tax and port fees?  Here in Australia they are not reimbursing that part?

I think port fees are always refunded if you do not make the port. So if there is no cruise, there is no port. As for taxes, we get taxes paid back because of a refund. In stores that would happen to, like if you buy a pair of shoes, you would get your taxes back with your return. 

Crazy they would not refund 100%

2 hours ago, subaru94 said:

In regards to refunds not sure if someone can answer in America when you get 100% refund does that include your tax and port fees?  Here in Australia they are not reimbursing that part?

Australia is scamming you. If you don't go into a port you are not charged port fees so they are pocketing that money. My aunt decided to not go on a cruise one day because she didn't like the smoking policy. They refunded port charges for her.

• Like 1

x_spcr2x2.png

I got this today from Jet Blue.

Tony

spacer.gif
Hello, Anthony, 

As the coronavirus situation evolves, the safety of our crewmembers and customers is paramount. We're working hard to do everything we can to be prepared and address your concerns. 

We are:
  • Increasing the rigor of cleaning and sanitizing procedures on our aircraft.
  • Disinfecting common surfaces inside our airport terminals more frequently.
  • Making hand sanitizer available in our airports and disinfecting wipes available on board, upon request.
  • Temporarily suspending onboard hot towel service.
We have partnered with federal agencies and hired our own medical expert to ensure we implement best practices from U.S. and other global health authorities. This includes promoting handwashing and healthy hygiene practices among our community of crewmembers and customers. 

We also want to ensure you can book new travel with confidence. As such, we're extending our temporary policy of no change or cancellation fees. This applies to bookings made 3/6-3/31 for travel through 9/8/20 across all fares (Blue, Blue Basic, Blue Plus, Blue Extra and Mint) and all JetBlue destinations. If you need to cancel your travel plans, we'll credit the full amount as a JetBlue travel credit that's valid for one year. Fare differences may apply for changes. Please visit our blog for more info. 

Have questions about coronavirus? Visit the Centers for Disease Control website. 

Thanks, as always, for your continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you on board again soon. 

Best regards, 

DU_Signature.png

Don Uselmann
Vice President, Loyalty
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, knbcruisers said:

Thanks for asking this question. I would also like to know the same thing.

7 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Australia is scamming you. If you don't go into a port you are not charged port fees so they are pocketing that money. My aunt decided to not go on a cruise one day because she didn't like the smoking policy. They refunded port charges for her.

Thank you, very annoying how they treat the Australians.

• 3 months later...

Borntocruise22;  if you booked EZAir; then yes you should have received refund from Princess.  Since you we less than 90 days to your cruise; you already had paid in full for both air and cruise.  Have you received any money for your cruise? Or did you take FCC?

• 3 weeks later...
Borntocruise22;  if you booked EZAir; then yes you should have received refund from Princess.  Since you we less than 90 days to your cruise; you already had paid in full for both air and cruise.  Have you received any money for your cruise? Or did you take FCC?

We took the FCC but we expected our airfare back. Still waiting.....now over 100 days and counting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, Borntocruise22 said:

We took the FCC but we expected our airfare back. Still waiting.....now over 100 days and counting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are better than us. We were canceled on Mar 12 and also took FCC but expected our airfare and taxes back. Still waiting..........today is 132th day and still waiting. Fingers crossed for all of us.

You should get the EZAir funds that were paid given back in some form or another. Depending on the timing of the cancellation the following are possible:

a) Full refund to the method paid   -or-

b) Credit with the airline that must be used on that airline by a deadline (might be as soon as one year from when EZAir reservation was made) plus any airline penalto returned you you as a non-refundable FCC with a deadline to use.  -or-

c) Entire amount as an FCC.