Who is planning to cancel? Who is planning to get OBC?

This flu is really mostly an issue for those with compromised health issues.  If you are one of those, then do not travel.

If you will lose your job if you had to spend extra days on a ship due to related virus protections, then do not travel.

If it forces you to have to interact with your spouse for an extra 14 days during quarantine, then do not travel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

This flu is really mostly an issue for those with compromised health issues.  If you are one of those, then do not travel.

If you will lose your job if you had to spend extra days on a ship due to related virus protections, then do not travel.

If it forces you to have to interact with your spouse for an extra 14 days during quarantine, then do not travel. 

OMG! I was with you all the way until......you got to item #3. LOLROTFLMAO.!!!

Good one! 👍

BTW, I totally agree.

2 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

In Miami now, leaving on the Horizon tomorrow. No turning back now. We were on the road today when we learned about the $200/cabin OBC we’ll be getting. I thought for sure the person who told us about it had misunderstood or that it didn’t apply to us. But we got the email letter and are excited for the extra $$ to spend. We’re not sure about Grand Turk, though. They turned away the Magic today because of (non-corona) illnesses on board. That’s supposed to be our first port, one that we enjoy. I guess we’ll find out.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Taking the OBC and sailing on May 3 unless the decision is out of our hands by then.

If your on the Magic May 3rd i'll see you their. Taking the OBC and sailing away. I wounder if Carnival will offer up a nice price on an upper balcony

Just a few questions. If i bought the insurance on the carnival website when i booked my cruise , what are my options? If I cancel will i get 75 percent of my money back? (of course minus the insurance cost) If i re-book do i get the same price i paid just get to pick a different date?  My schedule is very flexible in the summer but not any other time. Also, I used bonus points for my flight on American Airlines. Anyone know if i can get my points back??  I am leaning toward going since my cruise is April 4th but just trying to figure out what the options are... TIA for any information.

5 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

If your on the Magic May 3rd i'll see you their. Taking the OBC and sailing away. I wounder if Carnival will offer up a nice price on an upper balcony

No, we are on the Fascination, out of San Juan.  One of the very, very rare times we are flying to the embarkation port.  In addition to the $200 OBC, I just checked our flights on Southwest and saw a reduction from over 46,000 points (for two people) to 21,000.  We had 24,600 points refunded!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

No, we are on the Fascination, out of San Juan.  One of the very, very rare times we are flying to the embarkation port.  In addition to the $200 OBC, I just checked our flights on Southwest and saw a reduction from over 46,000 points (for two people) to 21,000.  We had 24,600 points refunded!  

Win Win !! Well enjoy your Cruise and Stay safe

As I mentioned in another area, the 7 of us are STILL planning on cruising on the 15th, taking the OBC, and not cancelling out.  I don't know if our itinerary will change, but at least we will be "away" from home for a change, hopefully having a wonderful time together.  Yes, as someone else mentioned, with others canceling out, that should leave MORE room for us that still plan to cruise! 🙂

For those cruising out of Florida, I thought you might want current info being reported here in Florida!

Its being reported by the Miami Herald Tribune that 2 in Florida have died from the virus, 'both elderly from foreign travel', and the following,,,

'There are 100 negative test results, and 88 tests are pending results. There are 278 people currently being monitored for the virus, and 1,010 have been monitored altogether as of Friday. That means they are “under the supervision of public health officials,” the website explains.'

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20200307/coronavirus-florida-2-deaths-2-new-cases-announced

The situation is similar in the Tampa area with at least one younger person testing positive from foreign travel.

From the Tampa Times,,,'A Delta flight from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Tampa last week included a passenger who later tested positive for coronavirus.'

'

Is Florida more vulnerable to coronavirus than other states?

A: Yes, experts believe it is, citing the state’s large number of seniors and those who are uninsured.'

'Q: Will the warming springtime temperatures in Florida affect how the disease spreads?

A: Experts hope warming temperatures -- and we’re expecting the 80s starting next week -- could actually slow the spread'

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/03/05/coronavirus-in-florida-the-latest-and-all-your-questions-answered/

Whatever you do, the best to you, and yours!

12 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

There are people, young and previously healthy dying, like the doctor in China who originally reported about this virus!

Here is my take::

I have heretofore been in the “this is being blown out of proportion” opinion, until now.

i realize I am in the higher risk group - over 60 - but I do not have underlying medical concerns other than age.  I don’t expect to get sick, but then who really does?  It has been a long time since I have had an illness that knocked me down for more than a day.  

That said, even if I did get exposed to covid19, and contracted it with minor symptoms, I have close family members who are even younger than me who DO have compromised immune systems.  They do not need me exposing them to this - or any - virus.  Thinking of those dear to me being put at greater risk because of me is changing my mind about a lot of things.  

• Like 1

Sailing on Fascination 3/22.  Won't do hand rails and will be washing hands/sanitizing alot.  Ship will be cleaner than usual.  Ready for the credit!  Yes, a little concerned, but know I could get it from the grocery.  Not wild about being quarantined but hoping for the best.  Media again.  Just ridiculous.

16 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

We were sailing on the Valor on May 4.  But we have cancelled.  We have the first case of Coronavirus in the Tulsa area today.  Just not going to take any chances catching or spreading it.  

Also on this cruise, we're taking the OBC.  

We're booked for the April 6th Miracle cruise out of San Francisco.  If the ship sails, we'll be on it.  I'm beginning to think we've only got a 50% chance of the cruise happening though.  

We are on the Breeze April 25th. We are in our mid 30s and have adequate immune systems, we are going unless they cancel it. I plan on waiting until closer to the trip when others cancel and ask to upgrade our cabin. I’ll bring my work laptop in case oh no I have to work on a cruise ship balcony while people bring me free food. Cheers.

15 minutes ago, atobols said:

We're booked for the April 6th Miracle cruise out of San Francisco.  If the ship sails, we'll be on it.  I'm beginning to think we've only got a 50% chance of the cruise happening though.  

We are supposed to sail in May. I'm beginning to think we won't - not by choice. 😞

16 hours ago, cruising with the family said:

should I be concerned that we have NOT received the letter for our April 6 sailing?  What's up with that?

edited to add: I booked directly with Carnival, through the website.

I'm sailing on the Fascination on April 26th and have not received a letter either. I also booked directly with Carnival via their website. I don't show any onboard credit on my account. I plan on taking the OBC and cruising still... if I can actually get it...