Liberty of the Seas, YIPPEE!

Great Ship. We have been on her twice, April 2019 then again October 2019. Have two more sailings booked, this Oct 25, 2020 and then April 4th, 2021. Looking forward to both.

Any questions you have will be glad to answer.

5 hours ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

Hello!  We just booked our first RCL cruise on Liberty of the Seas and I'm so excited.  The cruise isn't until March 2021, but I don't care. I'm still doing my happy dance.  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  😁

Lol that's exactly what I said. Yippee.

April 26th, about 90 days away still.

I cant wait. I go nuts waiting for next year.

You will love the Liberty we sailed her twice, the one show you must attend is the ice show it is amazing , it is only show that is crowded but it is repeated several times . There is also a broadway play, most likely Saturday night fever which is good. Many music venues including a piano bar, and pub with a guitar player. 

I will be on the Liberty for my first time in April.  I am still new to Royal so trying to understand all....do I need to sign up/reserve a show time?  

Any tips for new to Royal...just not new to cruising. I have sailed Carnival many times and only once on Royal out of Sydney.  

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Almost Packed said:

I will be on the Liberty for my first time in April.  I am still new to Royal so trying to understand all....do I need to sign up/reserve a show time?  

Any tips for new to Royal...just not new to cruising. I have sailed Carnival many times and only once on Royal out of Sydney.  

Thanks in advance.

Just the ice show, but not before your cruise, but there will be times set to stand in line near the ice arena for tickets. 

I'm april 26, are you sailing with me or before?

The ones where you pre book shows are like oasis, a really huge ship. And prebook the character breakfast with chocolate everything. We will have a chocolate breakfast in the dining room, which is a not to miss in my book. 

Edited by firefly333

On 3/7/2020 at 7:27 AM, Sarcastic Mama said:

Hello!  We just booked our first RCL cruise on Liberty of the Seas and I'm so excited.  The cruise isn't until March 2021, but I don't care. I'm still doing my happy dance.  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  😁

Congratulations, Liberty is a great ship.  Liberty was the ship that turned me into a cruise addict.  As previous posters have mentioned, don't miss the ice show.  I recommend arriving early and getting a seat right on the rail on either the port or starboard side.  As far as I'm concerned that is the best seat in the house.  One side will be reserved for guests with the key.  Just head to the other side. (unless you have the key obviously. )

The ice show no longer requires tickets, however it is very popular so get there early to ensure a seat. A couple of weeks ago on Liberty they were turning people away 15 minutes before show time because the show was full. 

Thank you to everyone.  We usually only book 9 months out, but this year is packed full, so I just did it, and I'm driving my husband nuts.  This will also be the first time we fly to the port.  When we get closer I'm sure I'll be asking about best way to get from airport to cruise port.  

I'm also a huge Liberty fan and have sailed her numerous times. My friend and I will be flying in and we've had great service from Galveston Limo in the past. $80 round trip (total) for both of us from Hobby. They pick you up at the airport, drop you off at your hotel. Then when you return, they pick you up at the cruise terminal at a specified time and take you straight to the airport. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

Thank you to everyone.  We usually only book 9 months out, but this year is packed full, so I just did it, and I'm driving my husband nuts.  This will also be the first time we fly to the port.  When we get closer I'm sure I'll be asking about best way to get from airport to cruise port.  

I believe you will be on Liberty right after the ship is "Amped". Very exciting!

Cruise Critic actually has an entire forum devoted to Gulf Coast Departures with all kinds of discussions including suggestions how to travel between the Houston airports and Galveston. It is located here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/316-gulf-coast-departures/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just the ice show, but not before your cruise, but there will be times set to stand in line near the ice arena for tickets. 

I'm april 26, are you sailing with me or before?

The ones where you pre book shows are like oasis, a really huge ship. And prebook the character breakfast with chocolate everything. We will have a chocolate breakfast in the dining room, which is a not to miss in my book. 

Total bummer, I'm on the ship 2 weeks before you!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. 

I gotta say, this sounds so much better than our first experience on RCI.  We really were disappointed in the line and ship when we cruised out of Sydney but I love reading great things about this ship (sister ship to the one we cruised in AU).  We really were debating trying RCI again but thought maybe the differences were being in AU.  Don't get me wrong, the people of AU were amazing.  We made some lifelong friends but there were hardly any activities and the food was edible but that was about it.  DH & I actually were bored on the ship if you can believe that?!  I've been on over 20 cruises and never have I been bored.  I think/hope it was just the ship and staff of that particular sailing.  We are going with an open mind and trying RCI one last time.  This ship has more to offer than it's sister we sailed on in AU. 

I am looking forward to seeing the Saturday Night Fever show.  I'm hoping that is still running.  I'm actually super excited about that one lol. 

Thanks everyone for your info!