GTY stateroom question

With all the craziness going on with COVID-19 the prices for my cruise dropped in May and I used it to upgrade my stateroom to a Guarantee Balcony. After looking at the confirmation its just reads, GTY for the stateroom. If I had not spent 3 hours on hold today I would call back and ask but thats silly.

My question is this. Do all guarantee rooms read GTY and the type of guarantee is on the back end and nothing to be concerned with or ????

Also, I have always chosen my room, when do they usually assign room numbers? 

16 minutes ago, researchfreak90 said:

With all the craziness going on with COVID-19 the prices for my cruise dropped in May and I used it to upgrade my stateroom to a Guarantee Balcony. After looking at the confirmation its just reads, GTY for the stateroom. If I had not spent 3 hours on hold today I would call back and ask but thats silly.

My question is this. Do all guarantee rooms read GTY and the type of guarantee is on the back end and nothing to be concerned with or ????

Also, I have always chosen my room, when do they usually assign room numbers? 

All guarantees read GTY for the cabin number until it is assigned.  there is no specific date for when they are assigned, but when it is assigned you can change to any available cabin in the assigned category.

9 hours ago, Namelocg said:

21 days out and still no assignment. 

In the meantime, I've had mine assigned since booking date, 310 days out approximately. Timing for GTY assignment is indeed all over the place.

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Have you tried to decode your Setsail pass for one?

Not sure what you mean. What I do know is the app on my phone is not working for this cruise. My set sail pass on line says:

Reprint  Gnty   Muster station D17. 

11 minutes ago, Namelocg said:

Not sure what you mean. What I do know is the app on my phone is not working for this cruise. My set sail pass on line says:

Reprint  Gnty   Muster station D17. 

The Setsail pass usually has a barcode on the right - use a barcode decoding app to see what the underlying numbers are - it should be <booking number - cabin #> (if assigned internally).

got my assignment at 2 weeks, muster station at 45 days.  Adding the set sail pass to apple wallet at 45 days, the number after the - was the cabin I eventually got assigned, so you could try that if you have an iphone.  Open up the app, click on your account and click view set sail pass.  there should be a button to add to apple wallet, from there you can see the number under the barcode.

Dan

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The Setsail pass usually has a barcode on the right - use a barcode decoding app to see what the underlying numbers are - it should be <booking number - cabin #> (if assigned internally).

Can you suggest a good app, please?