AMAWaterways Covid 19 Cancel Policy

AF-1

well that is pretty good deal;  I am at the wait and see mode.  Have a 11 May AMA cruise booked;  so let's see if that cancels in the next week.  If they have canx thru 25 Apr our cruise is three weeks later. 

Coli, thanks for forwarding this information.  Our river cruise is a long way out, December, so we’re going to wait and hope things clear up by then.  This will be our first ama cruise and I will admit, I was disappointed and felt their policy was just another money grab.  We’ve done 18+ river cruises with different companies and all are taking this seriously and trying to make it painless for customers already booked. In light of current events it looks like they’ve stepped up to the plate.  Thanks again for posting.

2 hours ago, suspaul said:

Coli, thanks for forwarding this information.  Our river cruise is a long way out, December, so we’re going to wait and hope things clear up by then.  This will be our first ama cruise and I will admit, I was disappointed and felt their policy was just another money grab.  We’ve done 18+ river cruises with different companies and all are taking this seriously and trying to make it painless for customers already booked. In light of current events it looks like they’ve stepped up to the plate.  Thanks again for posting.

My pleasure. I don’t post often but I do keep up with things. 😉

I received that email this morning.....well, My cruise was leaving on 4/25. I went ahead and paid the 175.00

waiver and actually cancelled my cruise yesterday. I wonder if I had waited would I have saved myself that $$?

I have to wonder if they will be cancelling my sailing in another week.

I had cancelled before they made the full refund offer (just a day earlier).  I called today and am getting the full refund for cruise that was to start Mar 27.  They said it could take 7 days for the refund. 

Assuming that they refund as promised, I am happy with their customer service and hope to be able to cruise with Ama in the future.

14 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Did you hear that Lois R;  give them a call and see if you can get the $175 back.

Just called AMA----I am getting a FULL REFUND.....including the 175.00.  She said I could keep the cruise credit

or everything can be credited back to my VISA.  I took the money.  Who knows when we will all be able to sail in

our comfort zone again?

• Like 3

My travel agent just got off the phone with AMA.  We sail 10 May;  they said we don't have to make a decision about cancelling until 48hrs prior;  however, we should know well before that date if we will make the trip

3 hours ago, VirginiaTraveler said:

I continue to be concerned about our AMA trip in early Jun, especially learning that European countries are closing their borders.  It's a wait and see, I guess.  Stay well everyone.

We're in the same boat.  We have a June 8 Rhine river cruise scheduled with Ama.  Am hoping things will have mostly resolved by then.  We did purchase the $175 per person waiver, but are very disappointed that Ama seems to be the only cruise line charging for cancellations.

Well after our President said this situation could last until July/August;  my May cruise will most likely get cancelled by AMA.  Now we have to look at;  will this company be around in 2021 to serve river cruises. 

On 3/13/2020 at 6:41 PM, Cathysocal said:

I had cancelled before they made the full refund offer (just a day earlier).  I called today and am getting the full refund for cruise that was to start Mar 27.  They said it could take 7 days for the refund. 

Assuming that they refund as promised, I am happy with their customer service and hope to be able to cruise with Ama in the future.

Unfortunately Ama has reneged on this promise of a full refund. I am still waiting on something in writing as to what they are going to refund (should be 20%) and have not received any refund. I need something in writing so that I can start an insurance claim. No longer happy with their customer service. I told them that a verbal contract is still a contract but they didn't seem to care.

1 minute ago, Cathysocal said:

Unfortunately Ama has reneged on this promise of a full refund. I am still waiting on something in writing as to what they are going to refund (should be 20%) and have not received any refund. I need something in writing so that I can start an insurance claim. No longer happy with their customer service. I told them that a verbal contract is still a contract but they didn't seem to care.

Really? They now told you a refund is not being allowed?

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Really? They now told you a refund is not being allowed?

Because I cancelled one day earlier then they did, they are sticking by their 20% cancellation. I was cancelling for medical reasons, my husband's doctor says do not travel. I still should be able to get reimbursed via travel insurance. Hopefully for most of it. Ama has to send me something saying what they are refunding and not refunding so I can start a claim. So frustrated.

10 minutes ago, Cathysocal said:

Because I cancelled one day earlier then they did, they are sticking by their 20% cancellation. I was cancelling for medical reasons, my husband's doctor says do not travel. I still should be able to get reimbursed via travel insurance. Hopefully for most of it. Ama has to send me something saying what they are refunding and not refunding so I can start a claim. So frustrated.

Oh...so sorry.  Did you buy the 175.00 waiver? Maybe that is why they allowed me to cancel in full......I had purchased the waiver.

Just now, Lois R said:

Oh...so sorry.  Did you buy the 175.00 waiver? Maybe that is why they allowed me to cancel in full......I had purchased the waiver.

No, it's because they had not as yet cancelled the cruise when I cancelled. And I do have a separate travel insurance plan and a note from my husband's doctor.  Ama now gets to keep 80% of my cruise and $700 from airfare.  I know it's a business and they need the money but they did verbally assure me that I would get 100% refund.  I hope to get most of it back from travel insurance.  With all that's going on in the world, I am not sure why this is upsetting me so much. I guess because I was mislead and they should stick by their mistake of verbally offering it to me.