RCCL requires Drs, note

1 hour ago, Dennis#1 said:

I will have to ask my doctor if these NOVA-QUININE Capsules will work to lesson the possibility of getting the virus and/reduce the symptoms of virus if you get it. 

There is almost no legitimate evidence of either of those things. However, if you want to try it just in case you can ask you doctor about the appropriate dosage and whether you personally have any serious side effect risks.

I cannot imagine how they could enforce these requirements and still comply with ADA regulations. If someone is disabled by cardiac or pulmonary disease, uses a w/c and oxygen but is otherwise stable, how are they going to deny boarding?    I guess the way around it would be to claim limited mobility, and all of us with chronic conditions should roll up in a w/c !!  

On 3/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, extramom said:

Just received an RCCL email at 10 pm for all passengers 70 & over will not be allowed to board unless they have a form from their Dr. stating they are well enough to travel.  Good luck getting a Drs.appointment on such short notice.  I guess we'll be cancelling or maybe wait for them to cancel all their cruises.  Good Bye RCCL

If we booked before the dr, note was required do you think we will receive our  $900. non refundable deposit back? 

If the note had been created before we booked we would not have not booked a cruise on RCCL or any ship requiring it.

I don't see how a FCC will help if they will not let us on the ship.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, New Mexico 8 said:

If we booked before the dr, note was required do you think we will receive our  $900. non refundable deposit back? 

If the note had been created before we booked we would not have not booked a cruise on RCCL or any ship requiring it.

Curious also have Oasis booked B2B for October 2020. Booked these 2 cruises September 2019. Will not be able to get doctors note. 

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Cruise lines don't have to abide by ADA.

It's a yes and no. While all cruise ships (even foreign-flagged ones) sailing in U.S. waters should be compliant with the U.S. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), there aren't standards specifically addressing cruise ships, which means that some lines do more than others.

• Like 1

Are doctor's even seeing patients other than emergencies?  IF Royal started back up next month who knows if you could even see a doctor to get them to sign the note.  Thinking that the note might be around at least at first when they start sailing again  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

I am wondering the same thing.  They changed the rules in the middle of the game;  had this been in place when I booked, I would NOT have chosen the non-refundable deposit.  And a future cruise certificate is indeed useless if one is unable to secure the doctors certificate!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Is it age discrimination for airline pilots to have a mandatory retirement age of 65?

Canadian Airline pilots mandatory retirement is age 60......It was challenged and upheld. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are doctor's even seeing patients other than emergencies?  IF Royal started back up next month who knows if you could even see a doctor to get them to sign the note.  Thinking that the note might be around at least at first when they start sailing again  

Mom did a Heart Dr appt over the phone yesterday.  My Ex has sinus infection, for appt drove to Primary Dr parking lot, called them, they come out see her while shes in car. Both different States on lock down...

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They talk about all crew interacting with guests to wear masks and gloves. It would be very odd interacting with a bar tender wearing a mask. And cutting down the capacity of the theaters by half would make seeing shows in an Oasis class ship very difficult. If I couldn't see the entertainment I'd rather be on a V/F class ship.

Over 70--When do you need note? At time of booking (which could be 18 months from sail date) final payment or day of boarding??? If booked and you can't go because you do not have note from Doc. do you get refund?

10 minutes ago, red devil said:

Over 70--When do you need note? At time of booking (which could be 18 months from sail date) final payment or day of boarding??? If booked and you can't go because you do not have note from Doc. do you get refund?

You need to bring it with you when you board the ship

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Does the note still have to be signed/dated by the Doctor 7 days (or less) before boarding?

That was NCL's docto'r note that required 7 days or less.  Royal's doesn't say anything about when it has to be dated.

28 minutes ago, red devil said:

1 minute ago, Dennis#1 said:

I have the same question.

Untested so far but I don't see how they could NOT give a refund

• Like 2