My View: AD-Venture away from the Covid Chronicles

APDMOM

Hello, fellow cruise addicts!

We now have a new characteristic to add to the definition of a cruise addict... someone who cruises in the midst of a pandemic.

This is us...

D233EA26-9911-4FA2-99FA-00847A03B83A.thumb.jpeg.78067e7a4287e0f7b928e71ae08962fe.jpeg

We are about to board our 37th cruise - this time on Adventure of the Seas.  This cruise will be unique in many ways, but the most important is that there will apparently be no chair hog concerns!

I looked last night around 10:30 p.m. At that time, 566 cabins were available on a cruise that used to be fully booked!  I think deck 8 will be a ghost town:  This shows just the midship oceanview balconies available!  There were many promenade view cabins empty too...

A quick note to navigate the review...

I was planning on just doing more of a photo report, but if I find any good information, I will share it here.

If you have questions or requests, feel free to ask.  I will do my best to find an answer.

If I find good tips, I usually highlight them in bold red:  TIP: So, if you are a skim-reader or just look at pictures, you can quickly find the handy tips.

We leave for Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, so I will ‘talk again’ from our hotel!

😁Welcome to your virtual AD-Venture away from the Covid Chronicles! 😁

• Like 1

Enjoy your cruise APDMOM! Great that you are still going. I should have been reading your review after its done, but we ended up cancelling ours this weekend, so will be following along. It will get nice to see positive cruise stuff. I really feel Royal is doing a great job with doing what they can during this time and the ship will be more sanitized than any other place. Have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

Heading South!

It is a relatively quiet drive south on 95 today. I was getting a little nervous since Royal has not sent any email since Tuesday about our cruise, when we bid for an upgrade. However, the daily program on the app is starting to show some activities!

215E1985-0730-4843-8B1B-2C9B8B529D8D.thumb.png.8358828d3a25c058e95c5877ea7122cf.png

Surprisingly, I could still do some mock bookings for our cruise last night. At the last count around 10:45, there were 640 cabins empty! 

Anxiously awaiting an email from Royal to say that they are looking forward to our boarding tomorrow! 🙂

😂 It is as if they are reading this thread…

Just got this email. It is not quite the “We look forward to welcoming you” email, but I will take it!

DC0DD1AF-F645-4183-8ADB-20BBBFD4B506.thumb.jpeg.4e79ebe19fc026599a65d4f118e32594.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I thought you were going to say you received an e-mail saying your sailing has been cancelled.

That is our fear, but we get excited every time we get a little glimpse of hope.  Like the ship tours being cancelled... if they bother to send an email saying that behind the scenes tours are canceled, we assume the cruise is on!  🙂

Have a great trip!  I was hoping to meet you on board but we ended up canceling 😞 My mom is 69 with asthma and copd so cruise ship probably not the best place to be right now.  I look forward to the review but will read it sadly wishing I was there too! We rebooked for 5/25 Navigator and 5/30 Symphony so praying this mess is over with by then! 

😞 Well, That was the shortest “My View” review ever!  

The Pollyanna in me is reminding me that we have been on 36 cruises and have 6 more booked this year.  Thankful that we can still afford to cruise.  

Hopefully we can board our “new” official 37th cruise on MSC Seaside on May 30th.  

25146B47-BCAB-488D-A3CA-2345F3C5BD25.thumb.jpeg.252a10e0ad2e1632fb069f4632516902.jpeg

(The Eeyore in me is going to find an oceanview hotel for tomorrow night) 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Hello, fellow cruise addicts!

We now have a new characteristic to add to the definition of a cruise addict... someone who cruises in the midst of a pandemic.

This is us...

D233EA26-9911-4FA2-99FA-00847A03B83A.thumb.jpeg.78067e7a4287e0f7b928e71ae08962fe.jpeg

We are about to board our 37th cruise - this time on Adventure of the Seas.  This cruise will be unique in many ways, but the most important is that there will apparently be no chair hog concerns!

I looked last night around 10:30 p.m. At that time, 566 cabins were available on a cruise that used to be fully booked!  I think deck 8 will be a ghost town:  This shows just the midship oceanview balconies available!  There were many promenade view cabins empty too...

FullSizeRender.mov 19.27 MB · 12 downloads

Same here, we are still hoping our cruise next month goes and we just got off Navigator last weekend.  This Hype is so media generated.  How many people died of the flu yesterday???? They don't talk about that, only this.  Just plain crazy

• Like 2

I'm sorry you were cancelled. I was looking forward to your review. Great of you to stay positive and look at the bright side. This will be over at some point and then all of us will return to the ships and the sea to do the things we love to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm sorry you were cancelled. I was looking forward to your review. Great of you to stay positive and look at the bright side. This will be over at some point and then all of us will return to the ships and the sea to do the things we love to do.

Yes, we are all looking forward to this being over. I know we will appreciate cruising a lot more again! 🙂 Boarding the next cruise will probably feel like the first one! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Feeling your pain...ours was cancelled as well...sigh.

Hope he did not have to travel too far or spend too much money to get there. 🤗

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Shortest live review ever! :classic_biggrin: I had just pushed the "Follow" button because I always enjoy your trip reports. We will look forward to your next sailing! :classic_biggrin:

Thank you @Coralc!  Crossing our fingers for May 30th. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, Tljcruiser said:

Have a great trip!  I was hoping to meet you on board but we ended up canceling 😞 My mom is 69 with asthma and copd so cruise ship probably not the best place to be right now.  I look forward to the review but will read it sadly wishing I was there too! We rebooked for 5/25 Navigator and 5/30 Symphony so praying this mess is over with by then! 

Glad you cancelled in advance.  I am sure it saved you some headaches.  I am with you in praying all this will be under control in May.  Hugs to you for being so considerate of your mom.  Hope our paths cross some day.

🤗

We were laughing today that we only got through the “fighting” part of this cruise... the packing and the driving. 😂 We don’t really “fight”, but I get irritated with DS and DH when they forget something, don’t bring me what I need to pack for them, or miss a pair of shorts that sits on the bed after we close the suitcases. 😜

The driving is more of a fight with others... such as the cellphone junkies who think they are on the couch at home, and the adrenaline junkies who think seeing the word “Daytona” means you are doing the 500.

So, we had to come up with a few positives...

1. Neither of us gained weight

2. We don’t have to do laundry

3. No muster drill (although that one kind of hurts in a sentimental way)

After eating dinner from Publix deli last night ($30 for 3) and lunch from Panera today ($40 for 3), we realized again what a great value cruising is, and we are already planning to fill another summer week with a cruise.  

Panera is the new Windjammer:

481B1AB9-D9E9-4291-83EE-C25A040D0180.thumb.jpeg.c87abc8cd68c93383a2039a6e1e1c635.jpeg

See you in 11 weeks on MSC Seaside!

• Like 3