Apex being delayed?

isdoo

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Do you have a reputable source?

Not that it isn’t an unlikely scenario but accurate information is much appreciated. 

Yes it is from a reliable source. 

I run a travel site, so am in contact with various people. 

As several lines are cancelling cruises, RCL is likely to follow suit - but more specifically Apex will probably get held at the ship yard.  I guess it is cheaper than paying fees at some ports.

2 hours ago, isdoo said:

Yes it is from a reliable source. 

I run a travel site, so am in contact with various people. 

As several lines are cancelling cruises, RCL is likely to follow suit - but more specifically Apex will probably get held at the ship yard.  I guess it is cheaper than paying fees at some ports.

Is Apex going to a Belfast ship yard?

2 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

I read the same thing on the Apex Facebook group. Said RCCL announcement expected 2pm DST today. Again, posted by someone who has inside contacts.

No idea about a 2pm DST announcement. 

I would take all this as a rumour until announced.  This is NOT confirmed in any way. 

1 hour ago, isdoo said:

No idea about a 2pm DST announcement. 

I would take all this as a rumour until announced.  This is NOT confirmed in any way. 

Absolutely. But I sure hope it's true. I was really looking forward to this cruise, but it's becoming a shell of the original itinerary, plus the risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So RCL -based cruise lines will suspend cruises today like Princess?  Not surprised if that is the case.

I believe the expected announcement relates only to Apex, which for now is the only Celebrity ship in Europe.  With the ban on passengers from most of Europe, they really have no choice but to cancel the early Apex cruises.

48 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

I believe the expected announcement relates only to Apex, which for now is the only Celebrity ship in Europe.  With the ban on passengers from most of Europe, they really have no choice but to cancel the early Apex cruises.

Based on the Canada announcement I assume they will also announce suspension of Alaska cruises until July.

So they're keeping it at the ship yard, while doubtful, wouldn't it be nice if they gave it some additional content?

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Based on the Canada announcement I assume they will also announce suspension of Alaska cruises until July.

However you have to imagine the industry is begging for a foreign port waiver.