Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

After speaking with CS, they told me that when the Asia cruises were canceled the customers were refunded.  But she did say we would.  She said she didn't know how they would handle it, just that refunds were how this was handled in the recent past.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I would like to re-book for April and a deal like Princess offered would be amazing!

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Ken, I'm booked on the Explorer late September. Does it mean the ship will not "do the season" in the Med? Thanks,

All depends on how things go.  She could go back and do a partial season or the entire season could be cancelled. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

All depends on how things go.  She could go back and do a partial season or the entire season could be cancelled. 

Thanks.

No dry dock, though? We'll get an "old" ship?

I've recommended this cruise to 4 friends, and they booked same cruise based on it being after "renovations""....

1 hour ago, disneykins said:

Just arrived FLL for tomorrow's Adventure. Thanks for the info. Since we drove down from Canada, now what do we do? Disney? I guess not . Hope Royal reimburses something but not holding my breath. 

Walt Disney World in Orlando is open through the close of business on Sunday, March 15th.  Go for it!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/13mar2020-walt-disney-world-to-close-theme-parks-march-15-through-the-end-of-march.htm

7 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Thank you I think we'd given up going anyway 😒 due to fly from Dublin to Miami I'm guessing the President will ad UK & Ireland to the list

I am sorry, it feels as if the world has been turned upside down. I wish they would at least notify people officially about this, so we can make the other cancellations we need to make for hotels and other things. And with a lot of the airlines many of us will simply all lose money, I wish they would step up but I don’t see them doing it (I need to divorce Delta!). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks.

No dry dock, though? We'll get an "old" ship?

I've recommended this cruise to 4 friends, and they booked same cruise based on it being after "renovations""....

It appears as though the drydock has been cancelled 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

I wonder why the Mariner is currently leaving port with passengers for the start of its 3 day Bahama cruise?

It's leaving because the suspension starts at midnight tonight, and all cruises currently at sea will continue their voyages.

2 hours ago, DCL2RCI said:

Me too, just wanting confirmation - the other lines specified in their announcements what the policies would be - NCL for example is offering 125% FCC or 100% refund.

NCL is also offering 150% FCC on sailings departing this weekend, as well as the refund option.

1 hour ago, awestover89 said:

We'd take a bonused FCC over a refund personally

Normally I would say the same thing, but if the credit is only good for a year I'm not sure what to expect out of fares.  If things really go south here, the cruise lines could be shut down longer leaving you with less than 12 months to re-book but perhaps fares are good since nobody would be interested in cruising.  On the other hand if we rebound quickly from this you are going to have a lot of people looking to use FCC and competing with sailings that were already partially booked prior to all of this- meaning hire fares.

Cold hard cash on the other hand- can use that whenever, however.  

9 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

Dry Dock is cancelled because I believe it was due to take place in a French port (Banned by Trump) 

The travel ban wouldn't have any impact on a Bahamian-registered vessel going to France.  It's probably canceled due to all the various quarantines across the world.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The travel ban wouldn't have any impact on a Bahamian-registered vessel going to France.  It's probably canceled due to all the various quarantines across the world.

I’ll offer another possible scenario... they don’t have the money anymore. They need it to... you know... keep the lights on. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I am sorry, it feels as if the world has been turned upside down. I wish they would at least notify people officially about this, so we can make the other cancellations we need to make for hotels and other things. And with a lot of the airlines many of us will simply all lose money, I wish they would step up but I don’t see them doing it (I need to divorce Delta!). 

thanks for the chuckle on divorcing Delta.  Let me know how that went.

The bandwagons are very active.  I guess my cruise on April 25th on Symphony MIGHT GO, or might NOT.  time will tell.

Glad the folks on Allure got off and heading home.

We are booked on Mariner for April 20th....had been considering cancelling due to one of our cruisers having health issues that could possibly cause harm if she caught the virus....with 38 day's before we sail I will be keeping watch to see if the fpause is extended...and whether they offer refunds or just FCC...

2 hours ago, shopnagain said:

One of mine is scheduled for 31 days from now.  What are my chances??!!  :classic_unsure:

will 30 days is up April 12th and that is a Sunday.  So now they have to decide on those doing April 11th Sat and does the ship stay put until the 18th.  

Sorry for anyone who got bumped.  I have been holding off cancelling and so for now my April 25th on SOS might go. But time will tell.

Odd that NCL and RCI only did 30 days which to me is a better number.  What I can't understand is folks getting on planes, trains and subways but the Masters Golf can't have 120 guys spread out on grass hitting a small ball around without fans watching.  Makes no sense and I am most pissed.  

And WDW hotels won' be closing just the parks.  Go figure.  oh well. Hoping not too many people get sick or die from this virus.

Peace out all

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

will 30 days is up April 12th and that is a Sunday.  So now they have to decide on those doing April 11th Sat and does the ship stay put until the 18th.  

Sorry for anyone who got bumped.  I have been holding off cancelling and so for now my April 25th on SOS might go. But time will tell.

Odd that NCL and RCI only did 30 days which to me is a better number.  What I can't understand is folks getting on planes, trains and subways but the Masters Golf can't have 120 guys spread out on grass hitting a small ball around without fans watching.  Makes no sense and I am most pissed.  

And WDW hotels won' be closing just the parks.  Go figure.  oh well. Hoping not too many people get sick or die from this virus.

Peace out all

See my above..... sailings resume on april 12... received email from royal via TA

3 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

See my above..... sailings resume on april 12... received email from royal via TA

yea but if their cruises are SAT to SAT like Symphony then what does that mean.  Do they suddenly become Sunday to Sunday and all the ports have to rearrange all the ships.  I don't think even the 3 and 4 day all start on Sunday.

some will have to sit a couple of days otherwise a whole season is wacked up.