Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Like most, received 60 day cancellation notice on March 12, for cruise leaving on March 13 and chose option 1 for 225%. which I submitted March 14.  Two FCCs now applied to my account,  the first (100%) does equal cruise fare (excl port taxes etc) but includes upsell cost to mini-suite that we accepted.  Second amount equals 225%. 

Presume same amounts are DW's circle acccount but how do I see that??

If I sign into the personalizer on the right side of the screen using her info, our next cruise in her name results, but If I then click on the circle account, my info appears.

So how do I access her account?  (If this is the problem we share the same email account)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

No. The 'cash' being moved would be the taxes, fees, port charges, and insurance already paid. The FCC can only be used on the cruise fare. So the rest is broken out. That's the way it was today when the 'cash' is covering the Ruby deposit & the FCC is going to the 2 cruise fares (Ruby + Enchanted) plus 2082 in the 'bank.' Anyway that's how my PVP explained it this afternoon 

I did wait until I had it this time but I didn't when I moved my Majestic Asian cruise to the Sky Transatlantic 

This is exactly the process. The FCC cannot be used as payment for a deposit, but the refundable monies CAN. The PVP can set up the new booking with a hold if the cancellation has not yet been processed. They are able to extend the hold period so that as soon as the cancellation gets processed, the refundable amounts would be put toward a deposit and port fees on the new booking. The FCC would apply to the cruise fare. It's very weel explained and documented in Polar, which all Princess agents/pvps/TAs have access to. It does involve a few extra steps and it might be possible that not all agents are up to speed yet, but it is most definitely possible!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, racj846 said:

Like most, received 60 day cancellation notice on March 12, for cruise leaving on March 13 and chose option 1 for 225%. which I submitted March 14.  Two FCCs now applied to my account,  the first (100%) does equal cruise fare (excl port taxes etc) but includes upsell cost to mini-suite that we accepted.  Second amount equals 225%. 

Presume same amounts are DW's circle acccount but how do I see that??

If I sign into the personalizer on the right side of the screen using her info, our next cruise in her name results, but If I then click on the circle account, my info appears.

So how do I access her account?  (If this is the problem we share the same email account)

Glad to hear you have a refund. Each passenger needs to login Individually  to cruise personalizer under their captain circle number. If you don’t have one call Princess to get it straightened out. 

It's been over six weeks since I sent in my reimbursement form for expenses related to the delayed arrival at Port Everglades on Regal Princess.  Refund letter said to allow four to six weeks.

What is my next step?

We had a Carnival cruise scheduled for April 6, with a big box travel agency.  When it came out that it was cancelled by Carnival, we went online and filled out the form for a full refund directly with Carnival.  No emails, no response from Carnival.  Then 3 or 4 days later we received an email from TA with link for cancelling and I again submitted for a full refund.  Again, no email, no response.  This was 03/18.  Last week I called TA and the rep was very "nasty" and I did not like his tone.  Today I put in a dispute for the full amount on the credit card.  I will let you know what response I get from them.

As for our Princess cruise for Alaska leaving May 16th - we booked directly with Princess.  We again asked for a full refund.  The price to redo the same cruise in 2021 will cost more than the "deal" we got for the one cancelled and I did not want our money tied up for a year.  We have heard nothing from Princess, but I will give it 60 days and then dispute it with credit card if I get no response from Princess.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:58 AM, Grayce said:

I have cancelled a cruise with Princess before and my credit card was refunded within 2 days. This time, I feel that making everyone wait an extended period of time, is a way for the company to hang onto everyone's money just a little bit longer. I feel princess is damaging their reputation by holding back refunds. Princess has no issue charging my credit card instantly when I book a cruise, but it takes 60 days to refund me? I have another cruise booked with Princess for next April. How Princess handles my refund, will affect my opinion of Princess and whether or not I take another cruise with them.

I feel the same way. We had a back 2back scheduled March;22-29 & March 29-April 5. I would like to book another cruise but am still waiting for a refund for the March 12 cancellation.   I won’t rebook til it’s received.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HUNKY said:

It's been over six weeks since I sent in my reimbursement form for expenses related to the delayed arrival at Port Everglades on Regal Princess.  Refund letter said to allow four to six weeks.

What is my next step?

File a dispute with your credit card company and let them slug it out with Princess.  One way or the other you'll get your money back.  In the meantime, you'll get the amount credited to your credit card as a provisional credit - so don't spend it until something is settled.

I started a credit card dispute last year for a hotel overcharge - charged for four nights instead of three.  Mr. Patel and the hotel was no help.  I filed a disput with the credit card company, they issued a provisional credit for the overcharge amount, and after 60 days of no response from the hotel they closed the dispute and issued a permanent refund.

• Like 2

Does anyone have recent personal experience with changing their refund selection, after the fact, from Option 1 to Option 2? When Princess cancelled our April 4 trip about a month ago, we happily chose Option 1, the big FCC package, not expecting the cruise industry would take such a massive hit. Now, with talk of Europe, Oz, New Zealand, etc, shutting out cruising possibly until next year, things have changed dramatically, and we're looking to "change our mind" and ask for the cash refund instead of the FCC.  I've seen it mentioned here on CC in some older posts that it was possible to change over, but I thought I'd ask for some recent intel. 

10 hours ago, Coral said:

I am sorry you are losing your OBC. That doesn't seem fair. I hope it works out that you end up getting it.

I am not sorry at all about the OBC.  It was meant to be used on a cruise, and we are (obviously) not taking a cruise.  I would not expect to get it "back" since it was more or less a freebee in the first place.  When and if we cruise again, we will get another one. 

I just want the money for the fare back, like everyone else.

• Like 1

I had to contact Princess today about my refund as my cc that is linked to my booking has now expired.  Princess rep said they were not legally permitted to change the cc details in their system (weird?) and have agreed to send me a cheque in the mail instead.  When I cancelled my cruise last month I was told I would get my refund promptly.  Today, I was told refunds are by cruise dates and since I was now getting a chq refund it will take longer, so I should allow 60-90 days.  

9 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

When I called the other day I was also told it was based on the date you cancelled not the date of sailing.  We cancelled on 3/19/20 for a 5/16/20 Alaskan cruise that we knew would be eventually cancelled.  The person I spoke with assured me it was already in the queue for processing the refund, lol.  We also had 2 price drops on our flexible EZ-Air flights with balances owed over $300.  When we cancelled the refund amount quoted to me at the time included that extra balance from the airfare, so they could see that in the system.  I'm just trying to wait patiently like everyone else for the 60-day timeframe.

When I canceled my 5/31 cruise, my EZ-Air credit amount was Not in the final cancellation e-mail.  Princess told me she can see a EZ-Air amount in the notes, guessing that was to come separate (this EZ-air lower fare credit was done on 3/12), well still have not received it. (By the way I had about 5 or 6 drops on the airfare, last one was on 3/12) The only airfare on the e-mail was the new airfare price. 

32 minutes ago, cruzcactus said:

When I canceled my 5/31 cruise, my EZ-Air credit amount was Not in the final cancellation e-mail.  Princess told me she can see a EZ-Air amount in the notes, guessing that was to come separate (this EZ-air lower fare credit was done on 3/12), well still have not received it. (By the way I had about 5 or 6 drops on the airfare, last one was on 3/12) The only airfare on the e-mail was the new airfare price. 

Yes sorry I didn't clarify. That is exactly how our original email was also, however the price on the refund she gave me did include the airfare overpayment as well as our $100/pp FCC. When I called back last week that person also quoted me the same total figure refund that showed in the system. We also had several price drops on airfare, with last one a week before we cancelled, lol. Hated to give up those premium comfort seats at that great price 😢. Hopefully we will see some movement in the next 30 days. 

30 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Yes sorry I didn't clarify. That is exactly how our original email was also, however the price on the refund she gave me did include the airfare overpayment as well as our $100/pp FCC. When I called back last week that person also quoted me the same total figure refund that showed in the system. We also had several price drops on airfare, with last one a week before we cancelled, lol. Hated to give up those premium comfort seats at that great price 😢. Hopefully we will see some movement in the next 30 days. 

Thank you 13cheermom, your info really helped me, I appreciate your response to my post on here. I guess I will find out when the refunds come in, I'm afraid to call, they may put me in the back of the bus, lol. Besides that not sure who to talk to, cause some of the reservation people are new and there all working from home (as I was told when I called last). Hopefully Princess works quickly on everyone's refunds, they need to keep there name in good standing so we all will cruise again in the future.  

1 hour ago, cruzcactus said:

Thank you 13cheermom, your info really helped me, I appreciate your response to my post on here. I guess I will find out when the refunds come in, I'm afraid to call, they may put me in the back of the bus, lol. Besides that not sure who to talk to, cause some of the reservation people are new and there all working from home (as I was told when I called last). Hopefully Princess works quickly on everyone's refunds, they need to keep there name in good standing so we all will cruise again in the future.  

Sure, it helps me to also read about others experiences to help make me feel a little better about the whole situation.  Like I said I waited the 30 days and decided to try and call in the other day and just check-in, actually hardly any wait time at all, so they must have more workers taking calls now.  She was very nice and answered all my questions and verified all the amounts again as well as $3K in shore excursions.  We have about $10K tied up in this trip, so I would like to see things move along as well.  I say call, it can't hurt your cancellation is already in the system and them accessing it doesn't change anything.  It seems like we are sorta in the same scenario with regards to cancellation and sailing date.  Just received refund email for $300 worth of pre-cruise Seattle tourist tickets, that has also taken about a month to process, so I feel hopeful today. 😄

• Like 1

Ok update. They have processed my first cruise that was cancelled.  Sky, March 14 14 days.  So far myself and my husband have gotten our 225 percent fcc into both our Princess accounts. Minus the port fees and taxes. I am hoping that those will be refunded and show up on my credit card within the next few days along with about 2400 in shore excursions, wifi and spending cash I put on our room the week before we left as we were in Ft Lauderdale when it was cancelled about 48 hours before we were to board. They also owe me fcc and a little cash from a cruise that was to be May 1 on the Grand but I’m thinking they are refunding according to sail date as well as when a person applied for the choice of refund. Still waiting on the extra expenses for flight cancel fees and hotel room that I submitted to Princess but at least this is a start. I’ll post when my cc gets refunded .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I had to contact Princess today about my refund as my cc that is linked to my booking has now expired.  Princess rep said they were not legally permitted to change the cc details in their system (weird?) and have agreed to send me a cheque in the mail instead.    

The rep was right: refunds go back to the original method of payment/credit card used. This is for your security.  

An alternate way to handle it is to allow the cruise line to refund to the old card, and you notify your  bank/cc company that the refund is coming. When it arrives, the bank/cc company notifies you, and you can request a check. 

38 minutes ago, qqwer123 said:

So far myself and my husband have gotten our 225 percent fcc into both our Princess accounts. Minus the port fees and taxes. 

Glad to hear that some refunds are being processed, but so far what we have heard is mostly FCC credits and even those folks are waiting for refunds on port charges, etc.

They really seem to be dragging their feet on refunding actual cash.  I am now worried that they will process all the FCC credits before they do any cash ones.  Okay, maybe I am paranoid...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Glad to hear that some refunds are being processed, but so far what we have heard is mostly FCC credits and even those folks are waiting for refunds on port charges, etc.

They really seem to be dragging their feet on refunding actual cash.  I am now worried that they will process all the FCC credits before they do any cash ones.  Okay, maybe I am paranoid...

I have the same thought as you . . . it seems those posting about getting anything are mostly those who took option 1 (all FCC).   

17 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I’ll post when my cash refund goes on my credit card. Even if they put it in yesterday it usually takes a few days to show up on a credit card. As soon as it does I will let you know. 

2 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

FCC or FCD?

Not questioning your intelligence it’s just that this is an often mistaken form of payment.

I saw this posted the other day,  so I looked at the form I have with my deposit and it does say Future Cruise Credit. 
many of us call them Future Cruise Deposits 

Just received FCCs for our cancelled 04/04/20 Ruby 35 day TP. We selected Option #2 and it appears we were somehow switched to Option #1. Hope this is only a temporary situation. So far no cash refund back to credit card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qqwer123 said:

Ok update. They have processed my first cruise that was cancelled.  Sky, March 14 14 days.  So far myself and my husband have gotten our 225 percent fcc into both our Princess accounts. Minus the port fees and taxes. I am hoping that those will be refunded and show up on my credit card within the next few days along with about 2400 in shore excursions, wifi and spending cash I put on our room the week before we left as we were in Ft Lauderdale when it was cancelled about 48 hours before we were to board. They also owe me fcc and a little cash from a cruise that was to be May 1 on the Grand but I’m thinking they are refunding according to sail date as well as when a person applied for the choice of refund. Still waiting on the extra expenses for flight cancel fees and hotel room that I submitted to Princess but at least this is a start. I’ll post when my cc gets refunded .

I received my FCC on April 8 for my March 15 Regal sailing. I was hoping the refund would arrive shortly after but to no avail. In following this thread, has anyone gotten anything refunded in their original payment (Taxes, fees, excursion, tips)?

Starting to really think our refunds might not happen, as much as it pains me to say this. One would have to think that the FCC and refund would be handled concurrently based on the form and choice selected. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I had to contact Princess today about my refund as my cc that is linked to my booking has now expired.  Princess rep said they were not legally permitted to change the cc details in their system (weird?) and have agreed to send me a cheque in the mail instead.  When I cancelled my cruise last month I was told I would get my refund promptly.  Today, I was told refunds are by cruise dates and since I was now getting a chq refund it will take longer, so I should allow 60-90 days.  

1 hour ago, Boatdrill said:

The rep was right: refunds go back to the original method of payment/credit card used. This is for your security.  

An alternate way to handle it is to allow the cruise line to refund to the old card, and you notify your  bank/cc company that the refund is coming. When it arrives, the bank/cc company notifies you, and you can request a check. 

If you have a new card with a new date, or a new card for one that was lost or compromised, you don't need to worry about a refund as the banks have past account number history and simply process the refund to the new card.  Otherwise, if you closed the account, then @Boatdrill has good advice.

• Like 2