Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

Just received our credit for our April 4th cruise.   We choose option 1.   I don't think it has even been 30 days since we applied.   Yea....

Nice ... nothing from my April 4th cruise but chose option 2.  I applied 5 weeks ago.  

19 minutes ago, MJRGoBlue79 said:

I received my FCC on April 8 for my March 15 Regal sailing. I was hoping the refund would arrive shortly after but to no avail. In following this thread, has anyone gotten anything refunded in their original payment (Taxes, fees, excursion, tips)?

Starting to really think our refunds might not happen, as much as it pains me to say this. One would have to think that the FCC and refund would be handled concurrently based on the form and choice selected. 

I’m still about three weeks until the 60 days they asked for processing time so I’m not super concerned. I was glad at least something is starting to happen and any other cc refund I ever got from Princess took about a week to show up on my card. I have a princess cruise vacation planner who I will get in touch with if I don’t see anything by May 11. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Just received FCCs for our cancelled 04/04/20 Ruby 35 day TP. We selected Option #2 and it appears we were somehow switched to Option #1. Hope this is only a temporary situation. So far no cash refund back to credit card.

what??  You asked for a refund and you got back it in FCCs?  

27 minutes ago, MJRGoBlue79 said:

I received my FCC on April 8 for my March 15 Regal sailing. I was hoping the refund would arrive shortly after but to no avail. In following this thread, has anyone gotten anything refunded in their original payment (Taxes, fees, excursion, tips)?

Starting to really think our refunds might not happen, as much as it pains me to say this. One would have to think that the FCC and refund would be handled concurrently based on the form and choice selected. 

We got refunds on our credit card for pre-paid excursions and gratuities a few days after we cancelled on March 6 for a March 10 cruise. Our FCC was posted to our accounts about two weeks after, disappeared and then re-appeared on April 1. We had to dispute the fess and taxes with our credit card company to get that refund. Took a few days for them to do their inquiry and refund the charges on our card.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MJRGoBlue79 said:

I did. Taxes, fees etc to my credit card. fCC to Circle account

1 hour ago, rlbeck said:

Just received FCCs for our cancelled 04/04/20 Ruby 35 day TP. We selected Option #2 and it appears we were somehow switched to Option #1. Hope this is only a temporary situation. So far no cash refund back to credit card.

Remember Option 2 has some FCC.

50 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

RLBeck... hope you call Princess immediately!  This does not bode well.  Forbes just sent out a story regarding possible CCL bankruptcy.  (Although, really no new info).

Agree with HUNKY! Call Princess or your TA.

• Like 1

Another semi-positive data point here. Princess cancelled our April 4 trip about 5 weeks ago. We immediately signed up for Option 1 on March 13. Just checked our CC account and sometime in the last few hours the FCCs for the cruise costs were applied, though for some reason mine is the correct amount but SWMBO's is exactly $400 less. Also, no sign of the "gift" FCCs which IIRC should be 75% in our particular case. I also checked the credit card and no sign of the $$$s that are to be refunded. I'll have to think about why hers is $400 short, hopefully it's not a clerical error.

Problem is, per my earlier post, we've decided to see if we can "select" Option 2 and see if we can exchange the FCC for a cash refund. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spantz said:

I just received my FCC from my March 21 cruise. We had picked option 2. Hopefully the actual refund shows up on my credit card in the next few days.

Please let us know when it does.

Just talked to my TA. He called to check on the status of our cancelled 5/4/20 cruise. Selected Option 2. He stated that Princess is still saying 60 days but they had marked the booking as being processed. Hope it really happens!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

what??  You asked for a refund and you got back it in FCCs?  

Yes. We applied for option #2 and they must have switched us to #1. ??? Got a ton of FCCs that we really can't use in the time frame allotted. Will be calling the PCP shortly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Remember Option 2 has some FCC.

Hi Coral: Option #1 was for, in our case, 175% of cruise fare in FCC...that checks out to the dime. Option #2 was for a refund of all monies paid to Princess, and a 50% FCC. We indeed received #1.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Hi Coral: Option #1 was for, in our case, 175% of cruise fare in FCC...that checks out to the dime. Option #2 was for a refund of all monies paid to Princess, and a 50% FCC. We indeed received #1.  

Let us know what Princess says. 

Happy to see so many people getting something right now. Still perplexed as to why, if it is meant to be in sailing date order, some with later sailings are getting this prior to those with earlier sailings. Still nothing for my March 14th sailing. I will give them until Friday and then check in. At that point, I will be at day 45.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Yes. We applied for option #2 and they must have switched us to #1. ??? Got a ton of FCCs that we really can't use in the time frame allotted. Will be calling the PCP shortly.

I would be, too.  Good luck!!  Report if you can.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Coral said:

Hi Coral: Princess rep said it had happened to others as well. She is working on it. Said it would have been a lot easier if Option #2 had been applied in the first place. I agreed....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Happy to see so many people getting something right now. Still perplexed as to why, if it is meant to be in sailing date order, some with later sailings are getting this prior to those with earlier sailings. Still nothing for my March 14th sailing. I will give them until Friday and then check in. At that point, I will be at day 45.

If I was managing the refund process, I would probably assign different team members blocks of cruises.  That way, they can work through an entire voyage and deal with similar issues/situations.  So, if multiple voyages are being worked at once, it is possible some refunds for later cruises are getting processed ahead of some with older dates.  IDK, just a WAG, but as long as it gets done, that is the main point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

I saw this posted the other day,  so I looked at the form I have with my deposit and it does say Future Cruise Credit. 
many of us call them Future Cruise Deposits 

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

1 minute ago, Bgwest said:

Fate of FCD's on canceled cruises is an interesting thread about this.

It seems that some folks FCDs have become FCCs. With others handled completely differently. 

I think the problem is, there are probably several different processes going on and everyone is carrying out the processes differently.  I have three canceled cruises that all have FCDs attached to them.  The rep down at Princess took the time to check this out.  I'm just going to take a wait and see approach.  I'm not giving them any more of my money until I get these sailings resolved.  

1 hour ago, Coral said:

The rep requested a copy of the Option Selection conf. email. I forward a copy of that to her and she said she would send it off to  their resolutions dept. to work on.  Always good to look for, and keep, all confirmations when dealing with this stuff.........

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dog said:

Glad to hear you have a refund. Each passenger needs to login Individually  to cruise personalizer under their captain circle number. If you don’t have one call Princess to get it straightened out. 

We do have individual numbers I think!  While the numeric portion is the same, mine ends in  A  while DWs ends in  B  . Does that constitute individual numbers and if so I am still unclear as to how to sign into DWs account.

• Like 1