Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

No worries....I have always loved the Princess product but was highly disappointed in their approach and handling of the March 12, 2020 refund situation......we are going to look more closely at Oceania, Regent, Seabourn, Viking, and Crystal and give some other lines a try.   I did not like having to resort to a credit card dispute to get our money back.

Fwew.   Hopefully, there is still time for me to get JiltedPrincessLuver username!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

The cruise sailed without us.  I don't know if it was interrupted as it was to end after the date stipulated in Pause 1. We were pleased that Princess offered FCC for the cancellation fees.

You are the first to post that is in the same category as me!!!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, stracpat said:

We aren't actually sure how to go about it and I think I'll call ABTA tomorrow.

Hi we are in a similar position, our cruise was canceled after 8 days.

So we have been arguing the toss on this since 23 March.

I would be interested to hear what ABTA have to say I have looked at their website

and they are def on the side of their members. I then realised we dont have an ABTA

certificate - asit is a package it is ATOL.   Having said that the TA is ABTA bonded

but there is an odd statement something like If you do not receive any part of your

package you can claim a full refund.

I can read that a couple of ways    1. If you dont get to leave on the holiday for some reason  and you dont get ANY  of the holiday you can claim a FULL refund ( fair enough)

or 2 If you dont get  ANY  PART  ( in my mind  a. the flight, or  b the transfers, or c the

the hotel or D can claim aFULL Refund  .   (Doubtful) 

But it doesnt say what happens if you do just miss some part of your holiday.

They have an arbitration company but if you lose you have to pay double.

Another idea I had was to run it through  Citizens advice but they are closed I think.

and maybe the arbitration attached to Martin Lewises setup.

I find it nigh well impossible to even contact Princess - whilst US pax have a

toll free number and online chat we have neither! and ABTA have told them they have 56 DAYS to answer emails.

Good news! We finally got a full refund from our March 21 cancelled cruise.  We had not contacted Princess or our credit card , just waited it out, hoping Princess would follow through on their promise.  This has given me confidence in Princess and ready to start cruising again!

• Thanks 1

Good news! We finally got a total refund for our cancelled March 21 cruise!  We  had not contacted Princess or our credit card, just waited it out, hoping Princess would follow through on their promise. Now I  have regained some confidence in Princess again and ready to start cruising again!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I just received the deposits for two cabins I booked for the April 8th Golden Princess cruise but not the balance which was on a different card. Hopefully I will get that soon as it should have been processed at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, memoak said:

Just got full refund back to 2 different credit cards for a May 5 cruise

Great!  I am still waiting for mine which was a month earlier and a couple more than were later.  Glad to see someone is getting their money back.  

Still nothing showing up on our FCC or refund for pre paid gratuities. Cruise date was March 18th.  I have no trouble waiting but would like an update.  I think it is time to call them.  Anyone else from a March date still waiting?   

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just got full refund back to 2 different credit cards for a May 5 cruise

Our cruise was suppose to be on May 4th. We got our FCC several weeks back. Hope we get our refund on CC soon.

• Like 1

Was I suppose to receive a confirmation email after I filled out the FCC option 1 form?  I did not.  Also, do we receive a refund of the taxes paid or is that included in the FCC?  Thanks

11 minutes ago, Gelerp said:

Still nothing showing up on our FCC or refund for pre paid gratuities. Cruise date was March 18th.  I have no trouble waiting but would like an update.  I think it is time to call them.  Anyone else from a March date still waiting?   

We were scheduled for the March 26th Crown Princess transatlantic cruise.  We selected Option 2 on March 13th and are still waiting for our money to be returned to our credit card for our cruise, taxes and fees, and EZ Air fare from Barcelona to Miami.  We are lucky that we live near Ft. Lauderdale so we only needed one way air fare.  We received our FCC on April 21st for 50% of the price of the cruise.  We went to file a dispute with our Costco Citibank credit card but was told since we made our initial deposit in July we were still covered by their trip cancellation insurance that Citibank discontinued in September.  We filed a claim with them and have submitted all of the paperwork they asked for and are still awaiting our refund.  We are very disappointed with Princess and the way they have handled this.  If we use our FCCs it will be on a last minute cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.  

56 minutes ago, Gelerp said:

Was I suppose to receive a confirmation email after I filled out the FCC option 1 form?  I did not.  Also, do we receive a refund of the taxes paid or is that included in the FCC?  Thanks

Yes. The subject line should be as such:

PrincessReceipt.png

(There might be a few different variations, but that's the one you get from submitting the form in March.)

Edit: Sorry, misread the original post-- that's what you get for filling out the form and selection Option 2. Not sure if you get the same response for Option 1.

Edited by Cuedon

39 minutes ago, ezi-amy said:

We were scheduled for the March 26th Crown Princess transatlantic cruise.  We selected Option 2 on March 13th and are still waiting for our money to be returned to our credit card for our cruise, taxes and fees, and EZ Air fare from Barcelona to Miami.  We are lucky that we live near Ft. Lauderdale so we only needed one way air fare.  We received our FCC on April 21st for 50% of the price of the cruise.  We went to file a dispute with our Costco Citibank credit card but was told since we made our initial deposit in July we were still covered by their trip cancellation insurance that Citibank discontinued in September.  We filed a claim with them and have submitted all of the paperwork they asked for and are still awaiting our refund.  We are very disappointed with Princess and the way they have handled this.  If we use our FCCs it will be on a last minute cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean.  

Check your credit card statement, because I just today received a full refund for our Crown Princess cruise from Ft.  Lauderdale to Rome!!  I'm so happy, and can't wait to start sailing the seas with Princess again!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mackenzie1 said:

Check your credit card statement, because I just today received a full refund for our Crown Princess cruise from Ft.  Lauderdale to Rome!!  I'm so happy, and can't wait to start sailing the seas with Princess again!

I check every day but still no refund.  Happy for you and keeping our fingers crossed that we will see our refund soon.

48 minutes ago, ezi-amy said:

I check every day but still no refund.  Happy for you and keeping our fingers crossed that we will see our refund soon.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too.  Best wishes!

3 hours ago, Mackenzie1 said:

That's good news 🙂

Update on my refunds.

I had two cruises (B2B), one on April 18 and one on April 25. I cancelled both late on the evening March 11 (great timing on my part). I resubmitted both the next day under the March 12 Pause.

I rec’d an e-mail on the April 25 cruise on May 5 offering me additional FCC if I switched to Option 1 (I did not).  I had to May 31 to accept this offer and I suspect that is why I have not seen anything else on this cruise.

As I had not rec’d the same e-mail on the other cruise I called Princess on May 7 and was told I should be getting a refund on it in a couple of weeks. I rec’d a cancellation notice on May 18 and my FCD’s about the same time. Today, I noticed a full refund on my credit card. The refund was dated May 21 but I don’t think it has been there that long. Still missing the FCC’s but I am not sure I will ever be able to use them.

Hope this helps anyone in similar circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My refund was posted to my credit card account this morning. I was refunded my base fare, port fees & taxes, PVP,  and prepaid shore excursions.  I am still owed for my now expired FCD's and for a prepaid specialty dinner reservation. 

On March 12th, I chose refund option 2 for a scheduled March 15th Panama Canal sailing on the Emerald. My 100% FCC posted to my Captain's Circle account back on April 9th.

I had not filed a credit card dispute, although I was considering doing so in the next week or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, WYB! said:

I didn't contact Princess, in February, Princess cancelled my May 2020 voyage, Princess returned 100% of the funds to my credit card and gave me 25% credit to another voyage in my princess account to be used within 1 year.

what is the expiry date for your FCC? Asking because my FCC has to be used by March 31/21. 

On 3/14/2020 at 10:57 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

I was scheduled to be on the Grand Princess on 3/22.  I've received refunds for everything I paid for with my credit card.  The rest was paid for by gift card and I haven't seen a refund on that in any form.d  We'll see how it goes.

did you get FCC? Gift card refund yet?

On 3/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I cancelled for a client through POLAR online on Monday. Their card was refunded on Thursday, but not FCC just yet. I cancelled my own sailing by phone on Tuesday and nothing yet....

did your client get their FCC?

On 3/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ombud said:

Same cruise. Paid for it with PayPal, Black Friday Gift Cards, and last payment was Visa. It was all refunded to Visa. Now I can delete the screenshots of those gift cards (as soon as I find out which ones they are 🙄)

Added: when my Majestic Princess cruise was canceled I had to put all GCs on  https://wbiprod.storedvalue.com/WBI/lookupservlet?language=en to find the refund. Never got an email but it was there. 

are you still waiting for more refunds?