Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

So has anyone else had this happen.

We are still waiting for our fcc for a cancelled 13th March cruise which we cancelled when they said you could take a fcc if you cancel ( our TA said we couldn’t take the refund only a fcc) 

We are also still waiting for a fcc for our deposit for a cancelled 3rd July cruise .

Anyway this is the query I just looked on our Captain’s Circle accounts and we are now each showing a fcc of £75 which must be the future cruise deposit we paid last year and used towards our March 13th cruise. It’s under fcc and not fcd . Does this mean this is all they think they are going to give us back and not the £3000 we were told?

My FCD  looks like this       so guess  your FCCs are still waiting to be loaded on.

They do seem to do all the bits at different times - many are waiting for FCCs

I am waiting for everything LOL!

image.png.6d510118cde68472f5d5f1d51a24ff03.png

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

I cancelled my September 4th cruise right before Princess did. I had 537 FCC paid on it, got that 537 FCC back this morning. So it's only 3 weeks to get access to previously applied FCCs on a cancelled cruise. 

Well, that's good to know.  That first round was painfully slow.  I am still waiting for my credit card refund from an early April sailing as well as two other sailings.  There are others that are into their May refunds already ... not mine, though.  😞 

We were booked on the March 14 Sky Princess cruise:

• Feb 28 we cancelled (thinking we would only get 25% back plus money back for some incidentals, flights, etc)
  • Approx. March 13 we got the initial cancellation money back on our credit card (worked out to about 50% of our total spend on cruise+flights)
  • May 5 we got an email to fill out a form to choose: 100% cash + 100% FCC, or 225% FCC - we chose 100+100
  • Mid-May the FCC showed up on our Princess accounts
  • Last week the remainder of our money was refunded to our credit card (roughly 50% of our total spend)

We are happy campers, especially that we didn't need to hound anyone on the phone in order to get our refund.  It just required patience while Princess worked out all of their processes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I put down $600 on FCC while on our last cruise in February.  $200 was toward an Iceland cruise in 2021 and the remaining $400 was for any cruise that caught our eye in 2020.  Called April 8 and asked for the $400 to be credited to our credit card since cruises in 2020 do not look promising. Was told that it would take 60 dates to process. Called this morning since 60 days is right around the corner and was told they have no idea when we will get our refund.  Asked to speak to someone in customer service and was rudely told that they are not taking calls about refunds. If we do not get this refund in the next month, we will cancel our 2021 cruise and never sail Princess again.  We are elite with Princess and they do not care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, there are at least three other major threads all discussing the extreme delays and lack of information.  Some people are owed tens of thousands of dollars; you can count yourselves fortunate that you are ‘only’ owed $600.  

Whether you cancel or not is your choice; many people are so disgusted with Princess that they, too will do as you and not sail with Princess again.  An equal number are very happy with their FCCs, bonus FCCs and refunds that took 60 days.

Being elite has nothing to do with it. Many people have decided to resort to a credit card chargeback after waiting 60 days; you may wish to read the other threads for more information on how to do this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2747902-interrogatory-question-please-just-answer-“yes”-or-“no”-and-your-cruise-date-have-you-received-your-option-2-refund/

Edited by cherylandtk
Added thread links
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

My FCD  looks like this       so guess  your FCCs are still waiting to be loaded on.

They do seem to do all the bits at different times - many are waiting for FCCs

I am waiting for everything LOL!

image.png.6d510118cde68472f5d5f1d51a24ff03.png

Mine looks like too.. FCD is back, $$ to credit card back on Monday but no extra 25% FCC.. you’d think it would be done at same time as they wrap up a customers booking.🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BrennerM said:

It just required patience while Princess worked out all of their processes.

With employees working in 2 states that require them to work from home with a 8 hr warning which is something they were never set up to do

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

With employees working in 2 states that require them to work from home with a 8 hr warning which is something they were never set up to do

Having worked in IT for 30 years - I don't think this should have been an issue (working from home) in 2020. They had a ton of employees working from home for years, even before COVID-19 happened. Their infrastructure should have been in place with other employees working from home for years.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Obviously you work for a more forward looking company

They already had people working from home previously. There obviously are problems in their company but I don't think it is related to working from home.

I stand corrected if they were in accounting not PVPs, reservations, and customer support. Those 3 areas could always 'see' my stuck refund and can now 'see' my stuck 50% FCC from the Princess cancelled Grand Princess March 22nd cruise

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I stand corrected if they were in accounting not PVPs, reservations, and customer support. Those 3 areas could always 'see' my stuck refund and can now 'see' my stuck 50% FCC from the Princess cancelled Grand Princess March 22nd cruise

There was even a report from Nho the other day who spoke with Customer Relations and the guy indicated working from home was not the problem. With VPNs - working from home can be just like working at your desk at work. It is not difficult technology. If you watched the recent webinar you will see that the problems were related to other issues and not working from home. 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

the technology is not the problem … it's the infrastructure of the home setting 

and I have a dedicated home office for 20+ years 

but now combine mom, dad, maybe both … working on a laptop where ever they can, when they can … between home schooling, pets, … not an excuse, just 'real life' 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Coral said:

Having worked in IT for 30 years - I don't think this should have been an issue (working from home) in 2020. They had a ton of employees working from home for years, even before COVID-19 happened. Their infrastructure should have been in place with other employees working from home for years.

I work for a corporate Company, we have a lot of people who work from home regularly so when this happened we easily adjusted to it but some countries like India, Malaysia etc don’t have the same infrastructure so it had its issues. Some of our competitors who don’t have such a lenient wfh policy have struggled with it even being 2020. 

47 minutes ago, CruisePrincess6 said:

Unfortunately, my bank will not do anything about FCC.  They will only act to get money returned for a cancelled cruise.

these FCD have a 2 year expiry date, don’t they?  If you don’t use them they are automatically refunded to your credit card or by check. 
they may try to give them back to you as FCC. You will have to tell them you want refund. 

8 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

I work for a corporate Company, we have a lot of people who work from home regularly so when this happened we easily adjusted to it but some countries like India, Malaysia etc don’t have the same infrastructure so it had its issues. Some of our competitors who don’t have such a lenient wfh policy have struggled with it even being 2020. 

I am speaking of US companies (especially large US companies). The webinar they posted last week showed a lot of problems they encountered but none seem related to working from home. It had to do with them turning off automatic refunds and introducing FCCs into the system and then their systems not allowing for FCC to be used as deposits, them sending the wrong form to passengers, them changing the rules on the default what clients had to do for their choices, etc... They were all corporate decisions and mistakes.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

There was even a report from Nho the other day who spoke with Customer Relations and the guy indicated working from home was not the problem. With VPNs - working from home can be just like working at your desk at work. It is not difficult technology. If you watched the recent webinar you will see that the problems were related to other issues and not working from home. 

I could be frustrated then. But that 'stuck' FCC will be available before final payment date (May 11, 2021)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CruisePrincess6 said:

No matter what anyone says, bottom line, they are holding on to our money. Not sure about the legality of this but I do know that they are doing a bad job with customer relations. 

Yes, a lot of excuses. Bottom line they owe people money. Long overdue. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

Booked direct with princess for cruise, post cruise tour, flights, on board packages and tours.

Ok - If you booked through Princess  have you had a written (email) response to your cancellation.

EDIT - I know you cancelled early so dont know what they promised you

Princess cancelled later and you are in this phase

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/extension-voluntary-pause-2020.pdf

I dont know if they will want you to fill in the form anyway but if they do 

you need to do it by 31 MAY!!  otherwise you will maybe get all FCCs

Edited by Aulanis

1 hour ago, CruisePrincess6 said:

No matter what anyone says, bottom line, they are holding on to our money. Not sure about the legality of this but I do know that they are doing a bad job with customer relations. 

Just a thought re: 'legality'.

...is this really any different than the situation people are in when they purchase a condo or house pre built. There is a contract with a due date but many MANY times unforeseen circumstances and delays cause the postponement of the build completing on time.

I know in my own neighbourhood of condos with promised move in dates last fall that aren't finished. Builder 'is holding onto their money' and the purchasers...more often than not...are not only without the money and their new home, but also incurring extra costs like storage and renting other places.

Just musing....stuff happens.