Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

10 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

The cruise we cancelled was on March 10 so before pause 1. So they may be doing something different for Pauses 1, 2 etc. 

Did the cruise sail without you? Or did Princess cancel the cruise?

5 hours ago, dog said:

unclear: what did you receive so far?

can you change from option 1 to option 2 after receiving refund?  

let us know end result 

We were due to sale Sky on 4/4 - we chose option 1, which was 175% of cruise fare. We have a credit in our account for the 175% as promised. However, we are still waiting for refund on cc for port fees and taxes.

I can't  speak to changing from option 1 to option 2, though while having a social distancing visit with fellow travelers in the backyard yesterday, we did discuss checking on it. Originally, we were planning on returning to cruising as soon as possible, but with the degree of uncertainty on a timeline right now we are all a little uncertain about whether we will be able to cruise on Princess before the 2022 deadline. So, we may be checking on that. Also, what is the reality we will get the money.

Edited by mistyPA
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistyPA said:

We were due to sale Sky on 4/4 - we chose option 1, which was 175% of cruise fare. We have a credit in our account for the 175% as promised. However, we are still waiting for refund on cc for port fees and taxes.

I can't  speak to changing from option 1 to option 2, though while having a social distancing visit with fellow travelers in the backyard yesterday, we did discuss checking on it. Originally, we were planning on returning to cruising as soon as possible, but with the degree of uncertainty on a timeline right now we are all a little uncertain about whether we will be able to cruise on Princess before the 2022 deadline. So, we may be checking on that. Also, what is the reality we will get the money.

Answer to first part - it is being held in a holding account to be used towards another cruise. You can request a refund for it if you want.

I have no clue what it takes to switch from Option 1 to Option 2. You will need to contact Princess.

Edited by Coral

Finally, received a notice today that my credit card company ruled in my favor and I was awarded all of my money back for the fare I had paid Princess.  Dispute was filed April 28, 2020 and received notice after sending in all the documentation of charges and the insincere emails Princess sent me of when I would receive my refund......and I have the 25% FCC's in my Princess account also that were offered with Option #1.....YES!!!!

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 4

Finally, received a notice today that my credit card company ruled in my favor and I was awarded all of my money back for the fare I had paid Princess.  Dispute was filed April 28, 2020 and received notice after sending in all the documentation of charges and the insincere emails Princess sent me of when I would receive my refund......and I have the 25% FCC's in my Princess account also that were offered with Option #1.....YES!!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

How did you manage to have both a refund and a 25% FCC?

5 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

How did you manage to have both a refund and a 25% FCC?

I choose Option #2 and sent in all the documentation for refund that Princess sent when they missed their deadlines for repayment that they said....the bank ruled in my favor on owed refund and Princess still is giving 25% FCC's....that was the deal anyway so I do not care that bank forced their hand...I honestly do not care about the FCC....I was more concerned in getting over $15,000 back in case  Princess kept stalling refunds or declared bankruptcy reorganization.....

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Congrats! We got 100% of our money refunded this morning to our credit card by Princess. So relieved to have this over. Good luck to everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

First off, I thought for Option 1 they are putting port fees and taxes in a "holding account" for your future cruises???

Yes, I realize that now. Thanks! Tried to get in touch with Princess but call gets dropped. 

When we claimed for the refund I did not see an option to get FCC also. Or is that for a future cruise deposit that you had purchased whilst on another cruise? ? They are different. 

We are waiting for our refund for a May 16th cruise that Princess cancelled.

We have disputed another cruise ( different company)from March 17th with the credit card company and been given a provisional credit. Also an airfare from April 14th with a European airline. We were going to wait the 60 days for Princess but are concerned that they will declare bankruptcy and we will get nothing!

18 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

When we claimed for the refund I did not see an option to get FCC also. Or is that for a future cruise deposit that you had purchased whilst on another cruise? ? They are different. 

We are waiting for our refund for a May 16th cruise that Princess cancelled.

your cruise was for May 16/20

When did princess cancel this cruise?

princess website has the information on their website  go to link for notices & notifications to see compensation 

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Finally, received a notice today that my credit card company ruled in my favor and I was awarded all of my money back for the fare I had paid Princess.

Are you back to princess lover?

Don't worry.  I'm kidding!

On 5/24/2020 at 8:48 AM, LDVinNC said:

Got a letter from one of my cc companies yesterday, asking if 2 credits from Princess totalling about $900 satisfy my dispute.  Heck no, my dispute at that cc company total over $16k.  And I do not even see those credits on my account.

I think - but it is a guess - that those credits may be from EZ Air.  I re-fared a couple of times - once the fare went down, then we decided to upgrade, but I have no way to know what that exact amount might be.

Now I have to respond to the cc company and supply a bunch of information.  Any advice?

Okay, I figured out what they were referring to because Citi Online finally came back up.. 

They asked if these 2 credits satisfied my dispute.  No - these were credits issued months ago and had to do with changing our EZ Air arrangements.  They are not new credits.

I will be sending a bunch of info tomorrow.

3 hours ago, mistyPA said:

According to the TA Q&As that were shared here a couple of days ago on this thread, you can change your mind.  Here is the specific question / answer:

If guests have opted for Option 1 and now want Option 2 is it possible to swap once they have completed the form?

Yes, please re-submit the survey or call 1-800-Princess.  (Agent will change the booking tag and note history) 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

According to the TA Q&As that were shared here a couple of days ago on this thread, you can change your mind.  Here is the specific question / answer:

If guests have opted for Option 1 and now want Option 2 is it possible to swap once they have completed the form?

Yes, please re-submit the survey or call 1-800-Princess.  (Agent will change the booking tag and note history) 

Oh..thanks so much...will likely make a decision today.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, ceilidh1 said:

They have a step by step manual to refer to, so it really shouldn't be that difficult! I think the issue is that the people on the phones (maybe even customer relations) are not referring to the written policy and just going by what they "think" is right. The fact they are STILL telling people they are processing by departure date when it has already been stated this isn't the case is proof of it. I will try to attach the FAQs for pause 1 - they may be useful for someone!

Princess Q&A.docx 17.26 kB · 95 downloads

I wanted to thank you again for sharing this.  It answers more questions in one place than anything on the Princess website and I have referred to it frequently since you posted it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

4/14

Were you on the May 16th Alaska---Ruby princess.? 

It was on April 14th when all were cancelled thru at least July I seem to remember.

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Are you back to princess lover?

Don't worry.  I'm kidding!

No worries....I have always loved the Princess product but was highly disappointed in their approach and handling of the March 12, 2020 refund situation......we are going to look more closely at Oceania, Regent, Seabourn, Viking, and Crystal and give some other lines a try.   I did not like having to resort to a credit card dispute to get our money back.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 2

• I am very pleased to post that my son and I have now gotten back every dollar that we were due to be refunded to our credit cards including cruise fare, EZ Air, insurance, excursions, specialty dining room charge.  I received my FCC for all four cabin occupants in mid-April.  He received all the funds but has not yet seen the FCC for his cabin occupants.  We made no phone calls to Princess or to the credit card company.  Just took a lot of patience.  Cruise was scheduled on the Royal Princess sail date of March 21, 2020.  Hope all goes well for the rest of you.
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, dog said:

Did the cruise sail without you? Or did Princess cancel the cruise?

The cruise sailed without us.  I don't know if it was interrupted as it was to end after the date stipulated in Pause 1. We were pleased that Princess offered FCC for the cancellation fees.

• Thanks 1