Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

57 minutes ago, memoak said:

Received full refund and FCC for a May cruise last week    Now waiting on refund from an August cruise. I expect that to take another month or so

Makes no sense. No refund for an April 4th cruise, but yet others are getting full refunds for May cruises. 

17 hours ago, dog said:

So as of Today, my 25% FCC was posted in our account, the refund has not been done, but it seems like this is moving in the right direction. Perhaps they do one before the other.  Hoping to see my total refund by weeks end. I was told by others they keep the deposit of $200 that is not refundable???

I have monitoring this Board from time to time. I too am generally appalled by the lack of communication from Princess. We were due to sail on 9th May, and submitted the designated form to Princess on 14th March, a couple of days after the central cancellation. So, we’re 83 days and counting, although we did get FCC on May 22nd.

My observation here is that the Canadian/US credit card companies are MUCH more efficient than their equivalents here in the UK. I used two cards for my various bookings (the cruise, excursions, extras etc), and in frustration at the endless delay from Princess I registered a dispute with both card companies. One told me it won’t be even looked at for 40 days, the other was 45. 

It would be nice to get a refund by Christmas. Meanwhile I am making no reservations with Princess until I get a full refund. 

3 minutes ago, Deep Thinking Fish said:

It would be nice to get a refund by Christmas. Meanwhile I am making no reservations with Princess until I get a full refund. 

That is my stand as well.  I was put off the ship/cruise in progress on March 21st.  No refund in sight for me.  I am not loving Princess much these days

I was speaking with another bank of mine today.  Anyways they said their contract with VISA doesn't allow for disputes after 60 days.  Thankfully the credit card I used didn't have that stipulation.   That says a lot about PCL asking for 60 days to process refunds.  I still am waiting for the airfare compensation through customer relations.  

For those of you lucky enough to have money refunded back to your credit card, did you also get an e-mail notification from Princess with a line by line explanation as to what exactly has been refunded? I booked my 2 cancelled cruises with a US travel wholesale company, so I paid everything in US dollars. The confusion will come in if/when I get the money refunded back to my Canadian cc company, all in Canadian dollars.

14 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

For those of you lucky enough to have money refunded back to your credit card, did you also get an e-mail notification from Princess with a line by line explanation as to what exactly has been refunded? I booked my 2 cancelled cruises with a US travel wholesale company, so I paid everything in US dollars. The confusion will come in if/when I get the money refunded back to my Canadian cc company, all in Canadian dollars.

Received our full refund and FCCs earlier this week for our cancelled Mar. 21 cruise -- there was no email notification that said it had been paid.

But a couple of weeks ago, Princess had emailed me a "Cancellation Notice" showing the fare information from our original receipt (minus EZ Air, and only indicating $0.01 for the Princess Vacation Protection). 

It also didn't show the right stateroom number -- it had defaulted to a Guar/BE. But it meant something was in the works.

When the funds were posted to the two credit cards, the full amount was there, including airfare.

• Like 2

I did file dispute with both Chase and Citicard in US. Chase took 7 days for a conditional refund, Citicard was within a day. Neither asked for any supporting documents. They wanted to contact and get a response from Princess first and then would ask for documents later.

Same here, we got our conditional refund from Citi within 48 hours of filing the dispute. No word yet from Chase re our dispute through them for our excursions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 hours ago, Deep Thinking Fish said:

I have monitoring this Board from time to time. I too am generally appalled by the lack of communication from Princess. We were due to sail on 9th May, and submitted the designated form to Princess on 14th March, a couple of days after the central cancellation. So, we’re 83 days and counting, although we did get FCC on May 22nd.

My observation here is that the Canadian/US credit card companies are MUCH more efficient than their equivalents here in the UK. I used two cards for my various bookings (the cruise, excursions, extras etc), and in frustration at the endless delay from Princess I registered a dispute with both card companies. One told me it won’t be even looked at for 40 days, the other was 45. 

We have received no communication from.princess UK other since our cancellation notice by e.mail on 24th March other than a confirmation of a conversation yesterday chasing up the £12k they owe us  that confirmation was at my request. We have oaid a deposit on an Easter cn Sky Princess, not paying a penny more unti we get our money back, nay even cancel that and never cruise with them again after this despite turning elite on our last cruise. This has turned into a nightmare for us.

8 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Here is yet another slant on how/when FCCs & cash are paid.  (in the UK)

Refunds will be process and prioritised by sailing date of the cancelled voyage and Future Cruise Credits will be created in the order of when the guest preference was received

I have it in writing!!

We cancelled our cruise before princess did as we could see where this was heading in order to get our money back before the inevitable mass cancellations yet we are still waiting (74 day so far), no additional FCC but still seen none of our money back.

16 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

We cancelled our cruise before princess did as we could see where this was heading in order to get our money back before the inevitable mass cancellations yet we are still waiting (74 day so far), no additional FCC but still seen none of our money back.

What date did you cancel?

2 hours ago, redtop101 said:

No detail from Princess but we've always kept detailed records so were able to reconcile to the penny.

8 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Here is yet another slant on how/when FCCs & cash are paid.  (in the UK)

Refunds will be process and prioritised by sailing date of the cancelled voyage and Future Cruise Credits will be created in the order of when the guest preference was received

I have it in writing!!

Well that's not strictly true!!! I have had a refund but no FCC. I cancelled 12 March and had most of money back on CC a few days after. My cruise was for May 15th.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redtop101 said:

I received no correspondence of any kind with my refund. Pretty much what I expected. I mean why would they bother to start communicating now?  Princess is pathetic. I had a cruise cancelled by Carnival as well during this COVID debacle. They refunded my money much sooner than Princess.  

It’s  unfortunate they’re under the same parent company umbrella because it’s not going to make much of a difference if I decide to jump over to cruising Carnival exclusively. 😑 haha

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

24th March for 15th Aug sailing on Grand Princess and post cruise Alaska tour.

Got it. It was for a later sailing. I cancelled March 6th for an April sailing. I hope you get your refund soon.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

Got it. It was for a later sailing. I cancelled March 6th for an April sailing. I hope you get your refund soon.

So do we, worked very hard to pay for what was going to be our 10th anniversary on the ship we were married on, booked a suite and some big ticket tours, all fully paid, fortunately we held off booking a renewal of vows and other excursions we had planned.  The decision to cancel was not an easy one and caused much upset, the refund situation  is causing more upset  frustration and worry, our respect for Princess has now all but gone. This is in total contrast to our wedding cruise in 2010, we should have been.married on Ruby in April but 3 days before we were due to fly out the Icelandic ash cloud stopped all flights, we re scheduled and eventually married on the Grand in August, we simply could not fault Princess then, they were great and went over and above our expectations, a lot appears to have changed over the last 10 years and not for the better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

So do we, worked very hard to pay for what was going to be our 10th anniversary on the ship we were married on, booked a suite and some big ticket tours, all fully paid, fortunately we held off booking a renewal of vows and other excursions we had planned.  The decision to cancel was not an easy one and caused much upset, the refund situation  is causing more upset  frustration and worry, our respect for Princess has now all but gone. This is in total contrast to our wedding cruise in 2010, we should have been.married on Ruby in April but 3 days before we were due to fly out the Icelandic ash cloud stopped all flights, we re scheduled and eventually married on the Grand in August, we simply could not fault Princess then, they were great and went over and above our expectations, a lot appears to have changed over the last 10 years and not for the better.

I completely understand. I also cancelled early (and it wasn't an easy decision either) and my trip was expensive also. I just got my refund this week. It is stressful. I did dispute it with my credit card a few weeks ago - you may want to consider doing so also. It did bring relief after I did it even though they had not completely resolved my dispute. The refund came before it was resolved.

Edited by Coral

4 hours ago, redtop101 said:

Ok I thinkI can answer this as we are Canadian as well. We got notified about the refunds by PayPal. The refunds were every separate payment we made and are going back to the credit card used via PayPal. Anything paid in Canadian funds is going through as Canadian but my shore  excursions, water and liquor I bought is being refunded in American funds as it was paid for in American funds. We also heard nothing from Princess about the refunds....only PayPal. I did know exactly what we were due and it was to the penny. The only thing is the port fees and taxes and my Princess travel agent is going to check into where they are as I think only Princess can see those on my princess account. Hope this helps. 

54 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

I received no correspondence of any kind with my refund. Pretty much what I expected. I mean why would they bother to start communicating now?  Princess is pathetic. I had a cruise cancelled by Carnival as well during this COVID debacle. They refunded my money much sooner than Princess.  

It’s  unfortunate they’re under the same parent company umbrella because it’s not going to make much of a difference if I decide to jump over to cruising Carnival exclusively. 😑 haha

So how are you supposed to keep checks and balances if all you get back is a lump sum to your credit card? All the more confusing for me with my payments in US dollars and refunds to come (hopefully) in Canadian Dollars.

The lack of communication from Princess is appalling - no e-mail notification indicating that my FCC was recently applied, no apologies for mistakes made in said FCC's. Now I get an e-mail from my travel agent telling me that another cruise in September from Vancouver to Hawaii is cancelled by Princess. In that e-mail sent from Princess to my travel agent Princess state "Guests have received separate notifications of these cancellations." No such notification has been received several days later.

5 hours ago, LidoLiz said:

Received our full refund and FCCs earlier this week for our cancelled Mar. 21 cruise -- there was no email notification that said it had been paid.

But a couple of weeks ago, Princess had emailed me a "Cancellation Notice" showing the fare information from our original receipt (minus EZ Air, and only indicating $0.01 for the Princess Vacation Protection). 

It also didn't show the right stateroom number -- it had defaulted to a Guar/BE. But it meant something was in the works.

When the funds were posted to the two credit cards, the full amount was there, including airfare.

We received an updated cancellation notice for our May 9th cruise with the oddball things that you mentioned re: EZAir and PVP.  That was two weeks ago today and I had thought that meant that we would soon see the rest of our refund.  We cancelled on March 10th, two days before the pause was announced and somehow got 90% of our cruise fare, 100% of our port fees, and part of our EZAir fare refunded a few days later.  I was hopeful that the new cancellation notice meant that we would soon get the rest of our refund soon (a little over 20% of the total amount we had paid).  But we are still waiting for that and the 25% FCCs that we were promised for electing option 2.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised someday soon as other have been when they looked at their credit card statement online and saw a big credit but I gave up holding my breath months ago.