Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Bejesus, you need to be an A380 pilot 👨‍✈️ to operate that.

Not really, just pull the lever once the light turns green.

The trick is in grinding the beans, and tamping the ground coffee into the group so it's not too loose and not too firm. Then you just let it run until you have about 30ml in the glass. After about 30ml the colour of the espressed coffee coming out of the group changes slightly which is another sign you've got all the goodness out of the ground coffee. If you let it run too long it turns bitter.

We did get an hour of training on the machine when we bought it so we could learn and practise getting the grind and tamp right, and how to steam the milk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Found this article  on people who had joined a class action only for it to go south on them and cost them a packet.

https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/air066/

But this current with Shine those pax in the class action did not have to put any money up, there were investors put up the money.  Friends of mine down here were on Ruby and they are in the action.

My tip is Carnival Corporation will pay up on mediation they will want this to go away, perhaps they are at fault to a degree, perhaps not at all, I don't know and don't really care.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

My tip is Carnival Corporation will pay up on mediation they will want this to go away, perhaps they are at fault to a degree, perhaps not at all, I don't know and don't really care.

I agree that it's likely Carnival Corp will settle but they will have a clause in the agreement, that they are not acknowledging any liability.

Shine probably only proceeded against Carnival and not the NSW government because a company will settle to protect its reputation by having the action go away, even if they don't consider they were at fault.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree that it's likely Carnival Corp will settle but they will have a clause in the agreement, that they are not acknowledging any liability.

Shine probably only proceeded against Carnival and not the NSW government because a company will settle to protect its reputation by having the action go away, even if they don't consider they were at fault.

FYI

On his public facebook page, Antony Johns, is now claiming the "cancer" card.  Needs cruising to want to live and needs to expose your government.  His plea for money is just around the corner..No more posts in the private facebook page, but I have no idea if he has started to "cry" to some of the vulnerable members.

43 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

FYI

On his public facebook page, Antony Johns, is now claiming the "cancer" card.  Needs cruising to want to live and needs to expose your government.  His plea for money is just around the corner..No more posts in the private facebook page, but I have no idea if he has started to "cry" to some of the vulnerable members.

I read somewhere that a study in America found 65% of disinformation on FB about Covid-19 was from only 12 people. I wonder if this Antony Johns isn't one of them trying to branch out to Australia😂

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I read somewhere that a study in America found 65% of disinformation on Covid-19 was from only 12 people. I wonder if this Antony Johns isn't one of them trying to branch out to Australia😂

Yep we have a few quacks here!  Did you read about the Texan legislator who was on TV about three weeks ago stating how vaccines were no good and could cause harm...he got covid a week later and died in a few days..I call that Karma!

Edited by BRANDEE

50 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

FYI

As a cancer survivor myself I am absolutely disgusted with this guy playing the cancer card for sympathy. Yes, cancer is tough to deal with but unless it's terminal cancer life goes on after treatment. 

The current cruise ban has only a little to do with the government's handling of the Ruby Princess debacle and a lot to do with slow vaccination rollouts, and new variants of the virus. 

Anyway there are some indications that limited cruising may recommence in December and that would take the wind out of his sails totally. Geez mate, you can cruise again, now stop wingeing! 🤣

• Like 3

I see in this morning's Herald Sun that the idiots who got kicked off the Carnival Legend in 2018 and were met by the police at Eden are now suing Carnival claiming that the Security Guys wore knuckle dusters and used excessive force and they heard the Captain say "finish them".  Claim they were brutally attacked etc.  Extended family of about 30 who were fighting among themselves for days as I recall.  Never mind the effect it had on other passengers who had to suffer their bad behaviour.

Just about a full page devoted to it. Just when it looks safe to go back in the water - more cruise bashing.

4 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I see in this morning's Herald Sun that the idiots who got kicked off the Carnival Legend in 2018 and were met by the police at Eden are now suing Carnival claiming that the Security Guys wore knuckle dusters and used excessive force and they heard the Captain say "finish them".  Claim they were brutally attacked etc.  Extended family of about 30 who were fighting among themselves for days as I recall.  Never mind the effect it had on other passengers who had to suffer their bad behaviour.

Just about a full page devoted to it. Just when it looks safe to go back in the water - more cruise bashing.

Funniest part of this is hearing the Captain say “finish them”. Was he in the Bridge when said this? The ‘family’ must have great hearing if he was 😆😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ondine said:

That incident got a lot of publicity too back in 2018, when life was normal. Thank God they were not Princess Cruisers...'They did not 'Escape Completely' nor 'Come Back New.'🤣

I cannot recollect how they got home after they were made to walk ye olde gang plank,  there is 1 daily bus service from Eden to Sydney up ye olde Prince's Hwy it being a 9 hour trip with many stops.  Or they could have got a cab to Merimbula Airport and paid $250 pp for a Rex flight back to the big smoke, I do not know.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Amazing what some people can claim! I don't believe for one minute that security on any ship wore knuckle dusters and I don't believe the captain would have said "finish them".

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Amazing what some people can claim! I don't believe for one minute that security on any ship wore knuckle dusters and I don't believe the captain would have said "finish them".

Given the type of people they were that's the sort of thing they would do and say, and they would expect anyonebopposing them to think like them. They wouldn't understand anything different. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

But this current with Shine those pax in the class action did not have to put any money up, there were investors put up the money.  Friends of mine down here were on Ruby and they are in the action.

The people didn't have to put up costs until the lawyer firm went bust, soo they went after the people in the class action themselves 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The people didn't have to put up costs until the lawyer firm went bust, soo they went after the people in the class action themselves 

I suppose if one were a Ruby Princess passenger and you truly believed the cruise line was at fault to some degree, you would join the class action, I would as my friend down here, David has and he and his wife got covid and had to quarantine, he still insists Princess knew there was covid on board. Such is life, maybe he will get a few bucks, maybe he won't.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I suppose if one were a Ruby Princess passenger and you truly believed the cruise line was at fault to some degree, you would join the class action, I would as my friend down here, David has and he and his wife got covid and had to quarantine, he still insists Princess knew there was covid on board. Such is life, maybe he will get a few bucks, maybe he won't.

I'm pissed that Shine pulled out of suing NSWH.  They are little pussycats..minus the cat.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Carnival is an easier target than the NSW government.

Agreed. Law companies like Shine bank on corporates like Carnival settling without going to court even if their case isn't that strong. If they tried to take on the government it would mean a court case which they might lose.

Well then back on topic, we're taking a punt on cruising actually returning by 2023 and have just booked, along with our regular other 2 couples that I do the booking for, Coral Princess 30th April 2023 35Days Sydney/Sydney via Suva, Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand.

Now all I have to do is live that long.

Edited by Russell21
Incorrect date.

5 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Well then back on topic, we're taking a punt on cruising actually returning by 2003 and have just booked, along with our regular other 2 couples that I do the booking for, Coral Princess 30th April 2003 35Days Sydney/Sydney via Suva, Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand.

You did live that long. I think you are pass that date already.😉

7 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

You did live that long. I think you are pass that date already.😉

Thanks mate, I'm glad you are awake, I get out once a week to do the shopping and tend to just idle along through the day, all the bloody chores were done 2 weeks ago.

18 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Well then back on topic, we're taking a punt on cruising actually returning by 2023 and have just booked, along with our regular other 2 couples that I do the booking for, Coral Princess 30th April 2023 35Days Sydney/Sydney via Suva, Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand.

I might actually get to meet you then, we're booked on that cruise as well. We did it in September 2019 and loved it so much we decided to do it again but choosing the earlier in the year itinerary this time. 

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

We booked Hawaii a couple of times. Now resigned to it never happening. Maybe another round Australia one day, after something short to see if the body can handle the vibrations.