Reflection April 13 cruise

twentyknots

8 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

I started by saying “this is my crazy thought” Celebrity has not officially cancelled any cruises after April 10th.

Not so crazy.  Too much suspense for a relaxing cruise.  Our tenth TA. Ironically, we would miss Madeira for the 3rd time. , 2010, Serious illness, 2011 hurricane and now this.  The cruise gods are sending me a message.

D-Day would be after the so called current 30 day moratorium. Then the mad scramble. 

13 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

I started by saying “this is my crazy thought” Celebrity has not officially cancelled any cruises after April 10th.

Hi all we have a B2B in July and August and would be surprised if they sail or even if we could fly to Europe by then.

26 minutes ago, woody14h said:

Not so crazy.  Too much suspense for a relaxing cruise.  Our tenth TA. Ironically, we would miss Madeira for the 3rd time. , 2010, Serious illness, 2011 hurricane and now this.  The cruise gods are sending me a message.

Maybe they’re telling you to buy a lottery ticket. 😉

My TA just called and said she had talked with Celebrity to try and confirm if the April 13  Reflection is a go.  She was told yes it is.  I asked her why it isn't showing on the website and she said she had access to it on her system.  She was able to book a cabin actually.  I asked her to check the public site and she saw only saw the April 24 T/A

She doesnt know what to make of it, but doubts it will sail on April 13.  It's still 4 weeks away so I will wait for at least 3 weeks before I cancel.

It's really a big loss for us and many others booked on this cruise.  We love the Reflection.  She's a beautiful ship.  The crew has always been outstanding.  

We initially had a sunset veranda, but were offered a sky suite for just $180 ($90 each) so we jumped at that offer.  Now, looking at April 2021 on Reflection for 10 nights with different (and not as interesting for us) itinerary the cruise with the same 4 perks and same cabin is pricing at $15, 236 compared to the $4254 we paid. 

Edited by twentyknots
correction

56 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

The Reflection April 13 cruise is back on the website after missing for over a week.  Our cabin class, Sky Suite, is selling for twice what we paid.

Just had  quick run through availability and there are over 300 staterooms showing open over all categories, and that's with out us cancelling our sailing as our UK flights are no longer available.

Edited by bluwes

1 hour ago, bluwes said:

Just had  quick run through availability and there are over 300 staterooms showing open over all categories, and that's with out us cancelling our sailing as our UK flights are no longer available.

Kind of interesting how it has magically appeared.

And yes there are plenty of staterooms available.

Just doing a quick rundown when looking this morning this is what was open:

insides- 28/183

oceanview- 26/70

Balcony- 166/747

family balcony -0/4

Concierge- 70/287

Aqua- 39/150

Sky suite - 18/84

Celebrity Suite - 4/12

Royal Suite - 1/8

Penthouse suite - 0/1

Signature suite - 1/5

Reflection suite- 0/1

Staterooms available - 353 of 1523 or 23%

On 3/16/2020 at 10:42 AM, WonderMan3 said:

With the CDC yesterday recommending no gatherings of 50 people or more for the next 8 weeks, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about that cruise.

I somehow doubt that "gatherings of 50 people or more" was intended to include cruises, hotels, resorts, businesses, office towers, etc.. For example, while it might limit upcoming functions to 50 guests, Mar-a-Lago remains open even as it goes through deep cleaning being undertaken as the result of a number of guests catching the virus. 

Don't get me wrong, given dining facilities, theatres, pool decks, bars and other facilities aboard that easily hold 50+ passengers at a time, cancelling cruises would certainly meet the spirit of the CDC recommendation, but I'm not sure that would be sufficient motivation for Celebrity to cancel.

21 hours ago, woody14h said:

We are on the 24 Apr.  Where does it say not happening????

21 hours ago, woody14h said:

We are on the 24 Apr.  Where does it say not happening????

X is still processing the last batch of cruises. There are many European cruises that today are impossible. Some have no ports to embark, port calls or disembark.

Just hope X will give us at least a week's notice and keep the current policies. You will get a FCC and then need to contact X to change it to a refund.

Wonder if it could be done through the website?  Am I being too optimistic?

1 hour ago, Altarose said:

We are still booked for this cruise but now Westjet has suspended all cross-border flights for the next 30 days.  Now where does that leave us?  I guess....no flight - no cruise. 

Well we could drive if the cruise is still ago and the boarders are but.

However I truly do not believe this cruise is going to sail anymore.

Ontario just shut down until March 31st.

2 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

Kind of interesting how it has magically appeared.

And yes there are plenty of staterooms available.

Just doing a quick rundown when looking this morning this is what was open:

insides- 28/183

oceanview- 26/70

Balcony- 166/747

family balcony -0/4

Concierge- 70/287

Aqua- 39/150

Sky suite - 18/84

Celebrity Suite - 4/12

Royal Suite - 1/8

Penthouse suite - 0/1

Signature suite - 1/5

Reflection suite- 0/1

Staterooms available - 353 of 1523 or 23%

I'm sure that the majority of the 77% showing as booked are holding out for the cancellation so they can have the option of the cash.

Celebrity may very well be hoping that some of it's April itineraries are able to get off the ground.  For example, our cruise set for April 11th (and no, I don't think it will happen) is a 5 night cruise with stops in Key West and Cozumel.  Like most Caribbean islands, Cozumel is almost completely reliant upon tourism.  The government (Mexico) may allow ships to dock for economic reasons...A quick google search does not produce anything definitive as to whether or not a ban on ships has been imposed in this port or for how long.  Celebrity's rationale...or better yet RCCL's rationale may be that if they can get some ships in the Caribbean and generate some income, it will serve to minutely offset losses that will be had for being unable to make scheduled TA's to begin the European cruise season.  Of course a major flaw in that thinking is that there's no guarantee that Key West would be open...likely not.  I'm not suggesting that the reasoning is sound...just giving a theory as to why some of these April itineraries are still a-go...at least on paper.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I somehow doubt that "gatherings of 50 people or more" was intended to include cruises, hotels, resorts, businesses, office towers, etc.. For example, while it might limit upcoming functions to 50 guests, Mar-a-Lago remains open even as it goes through deep cleaning being undertaken as the result of a number of guests catching the virus. 

Don't get me wrong, given dining facilities, theatres, pool decks, bars and other facilities aboard that easily hold 50+ passengers at a time, cancelling cruises would certainly meet the spirit of the CDC recommendation, but I'm not sure that would be sufficient motivation for Celebrity to cancel.

Cruise lines have been specifically targeted by the CDC over the past few weeks (prior to the cruise suspensions) with recommendations for people to avoid cruises; I don't recall them making similar statements for hotels, offices, etc. I'm sure they will remain at the top of the "avoid" list from the CDC for a period of time even when we reach the point where numbers start to decline and things start to reopen just because it is an environment that can transmit the virus easily to a near-captive audience.

22 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Cruise lines have been specifically targeted by the CDC over the past few weeks (prior to the cruise suspensions) with recommendations for people to avoid cruises; I don't recall them making similar statements for hotels, offices, etc. I'm sure they will remain at the top of the "avoid" list from the CDC for a period of time even when we reach the point where numbers start to decline and things start to reopen just because it is an environment that can transmit the virus easily to a near-captive audience.

Precisely my point. Any curtailment on cruises by Celebrity will result from the CDC's Level 3 Warning to avoid unessential travel, specifically including cruising, not from the CDC's recommendation to restrict gathering to 50 or less people.

We are/were booked on the 4 /19 TA, I don’t believe there is a chance it or other spring TAs will sail and if they did I don’t want to go to Italy, Spain, Ireland, the U.K. of Europe.  We decided to cancel,  take the FCC,  and are no longer stressing over this.  
There are much larger things to focus on- making sure our 97 year old, stubborn as a mule, neighbor  has what he needs without going out among crowds,  or helping our  best friends who own a restaurant generate enough drive through business to stay afloat, or making sure that our local “backpack buddy” has enough food to feed the children who relied on breakfast & lunch at school for their food.

sorry, but there are so many issues that are so much more pressing that whether my cruise or any other is going to sail. End of rant.

• Like 3

I can't even imagine anyone considering boarding a cruise ship anytime in the month of April or May. 

Although we are technically still booked on the 4/24 crossing, there is 1) Zero chance we will be on it and 2) Not much better than zero that it sails.

• Like 2