Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I really appreciate that Royal Caribbean takes cares of their guess by providing ash trays and matchbooks for all the hundreds who will smoking.

Great souvenirs to take home wrapped up in my pool towels.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Is alcohol included or did you have to buy a package?

Did you make specialty dining reservations?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alcohol pa....

specialty di.....

I don’t know what these things are. I’ll see if they sell them in the gift shop on the boat.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

And if there are over 50 kids on board, they'll hire two children's cruise directors. They will even take your kids off the ship and do their own kids' excursions!

(Cruised the week before Christmas in 1979 as a nine year old, and they actually did this!)

(Oh, and another funny... I remember seeing our room attendant's name on a card and told my parents, "Jesus (I pronounced it Gee-zus) is our cabin steward!" Remember, I was 9 at the time and had no idea it was pronounced Hey-soos.)

• Like 2

Yorkvillan- 

Your thread is great. I wanted to take a cruise on this ship,but being a poor college student (class of 74) I spent Spring Breaks at Daytona Beach.

Maybe I could book a cruise for next Spring Break now that I am a “Senior”?

Bon Voyage !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard54 said:

Nice to see the ship again.  It was a bit overwhelming to sail with so many other passengers.  We are more accustom to the Island Princess with only 600. 

Ah, the good old days of cruising before all the crowds got aboard.

The pool looks wonderful. We are so looking forward to sitting round it. Hope it will be nice and quiet, with nothing to distract us. Can you imagine how awful it would be if they started showing movies or the like?

I do worry sometimes about being cut off from all communication with the rest of the family. I do remember being on the Canberra and having to go up to the wireless room to speak to my fiancée on the radio. He sounded like Mickey Mouse. Was really funny having to wear headphones! But at least I can really relax until I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Hello!  We will be on this cruise, too!

I'm very excited, but there is one thing I'm a bit worried about.  I look through all the brochures at the travel agent's office, and I can see that people on cruise ships are very attractive, glamorous, and well-dressed.  We try our best, but we've never been models or anything.  Will we fit in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1