Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I really appreciate that Royal Caribbean takes cares of their guess by providing ash trays and matchbooks for all the hundreds who will smoking.

That is wonderful news!  I love to be able to light up after dinner.  I admit, sometimes I prefer to smoke while the rest of my family has dessert, which I know won’t be an issue in this beautiful dining room!!

• Like 1

Hi, 

When I cruised on the Sun Viking, I enjoyed the various theme nights in the dining room. The waiters wore themed uniforms (for French Night, Italian Night, etc.). Also, the dining room was appropriately decorated for the theme each night with flags, crepe paper, etc. On some nights, the head waiter prepared Cherries Jubilee or Bananas Foster on a cart near our table. I'm sure that you will enjoy this on the Song of Norway.

Enjoy throwing the streamers when you depart from Miami.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

I saw the deck plans for the new Sovereign class that is coming out in a few years - what a Quantum failure that will be! They’ll never fill those behemoths.

I read a nasty rumor that they are going to be serving dinner in the BUFFET for the first time ever on a Royal Caribbean ship.  And that there is no table service and no set times! NO SET TIMES TO EAT.  

Disgraceful on a ship from Oslo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Yup! Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same table. Royal Caribbean Cruise Line mailed us a poloroid of our waiter for all three meals. I can’t wait to meet him! I can’t pronounce his name though.

3e7c117701446c231b0717e5887561b5.jpg

Early seating breakfast at 7:30; don't be late or it's fruit cocktail and coffee only for you upstairs 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I read a nasty rumor that they are going to be serving dinner in the BUFFET for the first time ever on a Royal Caribbean ship.  And that there is no table service and no set times! NO SET TIMES TO EAT.  

Disgraceful on a ship from Oslo

But, if not told when to eat, people who don't like making decisions could end up not eating all week.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ellie1145 said:

The pool looks wonderful. We are so looking forward to sitting round it. Hope it will be nice and quiet, with nothing to distract us. Can you imagine how awful it would be if they started showing movies or the like?

I do worry sometimes about being cut off from all communication with the rest of the family. I do remember being on the Canberra and having to go up to the wireless room to speak to my fiancée on the radio. He sounded like Mickey Mouse. Was really funny having to wear headphones! But at least I can really relax until I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I remember that one of the best things about cruising was the lack of communication with the outside world.  Ship to shore was $25 per minute.  Work did not call.

• Like 3

You all seem so good at explaining cruising; perhaps you could reassure me on one other thing.

Our tickets state that our dinner seating is at 5:30.  Breakfast is available 8-9:30am, and lunch noon-1:30.  It seems like a long time between dinner and breakfast, around twelve hours.  Do people take their own peanut butter and crackers onto the ship? If you take a bottle of milk, is there a place to keep it for the week?  I'm really apprehensive about being hungry.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UGACamper said:

Maybe Host Bob can come out of retirement and pin this to the top. I'm sure this will go down in CC history 😂🤣

What is your itinerary for this sailing?

OOOH I bet they are going somewhere really exotic like  St Thomas!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UGACamper said:

Maybe Host Bob can come out of retirement and pin this to the top. I'm sure this will go down in CC history 😂🤣

Yeah where is that guy?!? He's a legend 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, UGACamper said:

These sort of threads usually end up in the Friends of Cruise Credit section (last section)

Check out Mustard of the Seas.  It is now on part 9.  They add a new part after 5,000 posts.  

• Like 2