for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

14 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - please stop messing up body parts!!!!!  Sorry 'bout the thumb.  I have arthritis in my left lower thumb joint from a looooong time ago - a ski accident in 1972.  It reminds me every once in awhile every week about that dang ski trip.

I fell on the cruise & must have jammed it. It’s arthritic anyway. I have surgical consult on 27 Dec. I had the right thumb joint removed years ago & that’s what’s likely happen here. Can’t grip anything & hooey it’s sore

Kat sent us the wind yesterday. We had the highest sustained wind ever here in Colorado Springs, 109. Lots of property damage all around town from huge blue spruces falling like kindling. 12 semis overturned on the 10 mile stretch through town in the interstate. This poor guy (2 streets over from us) thought he was ok. We don’t have any damage other than some branches & lots of pine needles. We have an 80’ & 70’ blue spruce out in front of our house & 2 huge ponderosa pines & another blue spruce in our backyard. We haven’t had rain since July or any snow since April. We’ve been pretty diligent about watering our trees, I think it helped. Melody

A10DC4C5-C8A8-4CDC-90DC-B7264A9F7099.webp

23 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Our son is flying to the US from Australia, although I keep expecting Australia to tighten up again with the advent of Omicron.  We have not seen him for over three years.

You must be over the moon to see your son after such a long time!  Enjoy your holidays together!

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Kat sent us the wind yesterday. We had the highest sustained wind ever here in Colorado Springs, 109. Lots of property damage all around town from huge blue spruces falling like kindling. 12 semis overturned on the 10 mile stretch through town in the interstate. This poor guy (2 streets over from us) thought he was ok. We don’t have any damage other than some branches & lots of pine needles. We have an 80’ & 70’ blue spruce out in front of our house & 2 huge ponderosa pines & another blue spruce in our backyard. We haven’t had rain since July or any snow since April. We’ve been pretty diligent about watering our trees, I think it helped. Melody

Wow, that is scary!  We've had some thunderstorm scares over the past couple weeks (unusual for this time of year) but nothing like that.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You must be over the moon to see your son after such a long time!  Enjoy your holidays together!

Thanks, I am, although a little nervous with the new variant.  Hoping he’ll be able to get back to his job and family!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

wow, holy cannoli! thank goodness you didn't have any damage... stay safe, Melody!

• Like 1

Youngest granddaughter is coming tomorrow to help me with cookies (I can’t roll with my bad thumb). Then birthday granddaughter & youngest granddaughter are coming early on Sunday to make birthday girl’s birthday cake (realize I have the smallest kitchen of any of our kids (by half). I’m so looking forward to it. I have my shopping list from bday granddaughter for cake supplies. Busy couple of days, I love it!!

• Like 2

Hi girls😃I am sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. My flight home leaves at 11:30 and it is just about a 1 hour flight. 

Hope everyone is doing well. Will have to go back and read through everything.

My next event is getting my passport renewed LOL.

• Like 3

I'm sitting here at work, waiting for my 2 guests to arrive.  It's hard because I can't finish any of my other work - I leave the front and they show up, they can't get in the door.  

Well, 2 of the 5 of us at work are going in today for COVID testing.  The two of them plus me are feeling crappy, runny noses, tired.  I'm coughing, too.  I'm doubtful for myself since I just got the booster a month ago.  My supervisor had it 2 months ago so I'm doubtful she has it.  The other, well, she hasn't had it yet.  This weekend is the big start of our Winter tourist season, so diligence is the name of our game!

OOTD:  my yoga pants, the mint green Athleta hoodie shirt that Santa dropped off early (😉) and my gray booties.  The big boss brought a company puffy jacket for me today, so I can just keep that in the car in case I need a jacket at work. 

Day off tomorrow!  I'm going to just hang at home, nap when I need to, and hope that I feel better for Sunday.  

• Like 3

Four down, one to go. I've worked 34.5 of a scheduled 38. Looks like 6-8 tomorrow. I'm exhausted for now, but am going to enjoy all that extra pay. It's partially going to my new camera fund and our next cruise.

I'll work three-10s next week, three plus an extra the week after, then back to three10s (or whenever the work is done). Plus rest! I'll be so excited to going back to sleeping in more than getting up at 5am.

OOTD: I worked, so scrubs. Duh.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Four down, one to go. I've worked 34.5 of a scheduled 38. Looks like 6-8 tomorrow. I'm exhausted for now, but am going to enjoy all that extra pay. It's partially going to my new camera fund and our next cruise.

I'll work three-10s next week, three plus an extra the week after, then back to three10s (or whenever the work is done). Plus rest! I'll be so excited to going back to sleeping in more than getting up at 5am.

OOTD: I worked, so scrubs. Duh.

I used tor work hours like that whenever we needed extra money.  My manager said she could always tell when college tuition payments were due for our sons as she started seeing me a lot more on the unit!  Happy to be retired! 

Son’s trip back from Australia is not going well so far.  He sent us a text last night to let us know he missed his overseas flight as a crew member was 2 hours late getting to work for his Melbourne to Sydney flight.  He is booked on another flight for tonight.  

Kat, hoping you have a negative result.  Everything I read says breakthrough cases are becoming more common with Omicron but typically mild, cold like symptoms.

Welcome home, Lois!  

Melody, enjoy your cookie baking.!

And everyone else, have a great weekend!

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Hi girls, doing laundry now.........😲

Had a wonderful 2 weeks and met some really fun folks........I hung out with 2 couples quite often that I met through Cruise Critic.......the husbands are actually the posters. The 5 of us had dinner together multiple times.  And one of them had treated themselves to one of the BIGGEST suites on board and had us all over one evening for drinks/cocktails and then we went to dinner. It was to celebrate the birthdays of both guys. Really fun😃

As for my flight home? Well, we are in the air and the Pilot comes on and says there is an "AIR ISSUE" and he has to turn around and go back to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.  We were in the air about 15 minutes when that happened......so we go back and we all have to get off and go to another gate for a new plane. It ended up being a 2 hour delay so not really all that bad. I got home about 4:00 (in the house). I would have been home at least 2 hours earlier........oh well.

Then this morning I got to the PO about 9:15.........it opens at 9 and there was already a long line. It took about 1/2 hour.....then I went to the grocery store but I had a moment......I could not remember signing the form (for the passport renewal) and took my groceries home and then went back to the Post Office.......it is good I did........THANKFULLY they still had that envelope!  And when I opened it, yep, I had forgotten to sign the form! (and date it)😲.......at least I got a nice person behind the counter. The PO and the store are both quite close to where I live (another THANKFULLY)!

2 things......I know if they had received it without a signature they would have rejected it........and I know I can't be the first person who has made that mistake.....not that it makes me feel any better....stupid of me not to have looked more closely before we sealed the envelope.......(the gal at the PO looked but she must not have noticed it).

Anyway, Melody, that picture looks really bad......glad nobody was hurt!

Sherri, hope you are able to see your son!

Hi Debbie, Cynthia and PH and Kat!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, doing laundry now.........😲

Had a wonderful 2 weeks and met some really fun folks........I hung out with 2 couples quite often that I met through Cruise Critic.......the husbands are actually the posters. The 5 of us had dinner together multiple times.  And one of them had treated themselves to one of the BIGGEST suites on board and had us all over one evening for drinks/cocktails and then we went to dinner. It was to celebrate the birthdays of both guys. Really fun😃

As for my flight home? Well, we are in the air and the Pilot comes on and says there is an "AIR ISSUE" and he has to turn around and go back to the Ft. Lauderdale airport.  We were in the air about 15 minutes when that happened......so we go back and we all have to get off and go to another gate for a new plane. It ended up being a 2 hour delay so not really all that bad. I got home about 4:00 (in the house). I would have been home at least 2 hours earlier........oh well.

Then this morning I got to the PO about 9:15.........it opens at 9 and there was already a long line. It took about 1/2 hour.....then I went to the grocery store but I had a moment......I could not remember signing the form (for the passport renewal) and took my groceries home and then went back to the Post Office.......it is good I did........THANKFULLY they still had that envelope!  And when I opened it, yep, I had forgotten to sign the form! (and date it)😲.......at least I got a nice person behind the counter. The PO and the store are both quite close to where I live (another THANKFULLY)!

2 things......I know if they had received it without a signature they would have rejected it........and I know I can't be the first person who has made that mistake.....not that it makes me feel any better....stupid of me not to have looked more closely before we sealed the envelope.......(the gal at the PO looked but she must not have noticed it).

Anyway, Melody, that picture looks really bad......glad nobody was hurt!

Sherri, hope you are able to see your son!

Hi Debbie, Cynthia and PH and Kat!

Hi Lois -- welcome back!  Sounds like your cruise was a lot of fun.

Crazy story about your passport -- at least you were able to catch it in time. 😅

Hi Cynthia, good morning. 😃 Yes, it was fun and quite different.  We had 15 days.......and I think 10 or 11 ports.......I got off in 3........took a tour in St Thomas, Bequia, and Antigua.......all the other days I stayed on board and basically did nothing........I brought 2 books with me and ended up not reading either. It was mostly sitting around the pool (in the shade).......I know there were at least 4 full sea days but for me it was mostly all sea days LOL.

Now have a question,  one of the gals I cruised with sent me  photos, I want to post a few of them, would I just copy and paste them from my mailbox? I haven't posted a photo on here in years.

• Like 1

Lets try this..........this photo is me and 3 of my new friends.....the guys are from Germany and the other gal is from Houston.......it was taken in the lounge one evening before dinner.

I am in a red polka dot jump suit......oh it works!!!

p.jpeg

• Like 3

Now that I know it works......I will post a few more...........

This is me and the 2 couples I became good friends with.......one couple is from Texas and the other is from Maine.  We had dinner together multiple times🙂

p.jpeg

• Like 2

This is me and Ellie, (she is from Maine) and that is my daily attire LOL.......it is a bathing suit cover up that looks like a watercolor print.......I got many compliments on it!  And as you can see, we are at the pool having adult beverages LOL

p.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Looks like you had fun Lois!  I like the red, very festive. 

our granddaughter arrived last night, so good to have everyone close. 

Hi Melody, thanks! Actually, I wore that very late in the cruise......it was hanging in the closet for almost 2 weeks........I got a few compliments🙂

• Like 2

I was invited to Ellie and Carl's suite (It was one of the largest cabins) we had all become good friends and it was to celebrate both guy's birthdays........they got a bottle of KRUG and the Sommelier came and gave us a lesson about it.......we then went to dinner together........it was the first time I had ever tried this champagne before.....OMG..........it is sooooooooooooo good🙂  we also had appetizers but they were on the dining room table. (not in the photo).

p.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi everyone!  

Lois, love the photos & the red jumpsuit, & it sounds like your cruise was so much fun!   how great to meet some people that you click with & make friendships

Melody, love the photos of you & your husband... & that green dress is divine!  Enjoy your time with granddaughter 🙂

• Like 1