for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, did they give you Dexilant? ย Wickedly expensive & worth every single penny. Congratulations on the wright lossย 

Hi Melody, no it was not that medicine

ย One is Protonix (that is the short name for it) and the other is called sucralfate. Both cost me zero. The only really funky thing is one I have to take 4 times a day. And it says an hour before each meal and bed time. The other is 1/2 hour before breakfast and dinner. I don't even always eat at the same time every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I hated Protonix & sucralfate; they tried that for awhile. Then went to the Dexilant thatโ€™s once a day & worked immediately. Hope you do well with them

You hated them? Ouch.......did you have side effects? And I didn't realize you had an ulcer in the past as well.ย  The Protonix is just a little pill........easy peasy. The other one? That is BIGGER๐Ÿ˜ฒ

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, slidergirl said:

p.s. Cynthia - if you need a hotel in Bordeaux, I will recommend where I stayed - the Hotel de Tourny. ย nice litle place, the single room was rather spacious, a more modern/clean decor that I'm used to and a helpful front desk staff. ย The location was perfect and I could walk everyplace from there. ย 

ย 

Thanks -- yes, I haven't scoped out a place yet in Bordeaux but I definitely plan to spend a few days there before or after the river cruise. I'll check this one out for sure.

Lois, I am so sorry to read about your health problems, hopefully, the meds will give this ulcer a chance to heal and you will have no more problems! ย . ย My area of โ€œexpertiseโ€ in nursing was maternal child, we did quite a few iron infusions for patients who experienced a significant drop in hemoglobin due to blood loss. ย Iโ€™m surprised you were not having any symptoms of anemia as you must have had a large drop to qualify for an iron infusion. ย Sounds like you and your doctors are on top of everything!

ย 

Sharon, thanks for the info, we will look into this. ย Call us crazy, but we decided to change our cruise from July, 2023 to October, 2022๐Ÿ˜ณ. ย  Saved a substantial amount and got a better cabin. ย This was my husbandโ€™s idea so I told him if we switched, he would have ย do all the planning as I am busy with designers, builders, etc. ย 

ย 

Kitchen is still moving slower than I would like but we do have drywall now! ย 
ย 

Sherri๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

First full day in Minneapolis and the weather was beautiful! Not hot or humid. We did outdoor stuff with our granddaughter-visited a nature center that is set us especially for children and then a park. Then had dinner outdoors. DS and DIL enjoying a night out attending Fringe performances. Tomorrow night is our turn. Our daughter also arrives tomorrow night for a few days ย Unfortunately, not ย expecting this weather to continue for our entire stay.ย 
ย 

The flight was uneventful, we arrived early and no issues with luggage. All flights should be so easy.ย 

ย 

Lois, I hope the new meds are successful and you can enjoy all aspects of your cruise. Thatโ€™s a nice weight loss. Does this mean that you will be shopping for some new clothing for the cruise?

ย 

Sherri, wow, October will be here before you know it. You should have nice fall weather to enjoy.

Sharon

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

You hated them? Ouch.......did you have side effects? And I didn't realize you had an ulcer in the past as well.ย  The Protonix is just a little pill........easy peasy. The other one? That is BIGGER๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Protonix wasnโ€™t too bad (did nothing for me). Sucralafate made me horribly nauseated. I had the ulcer & hiatal & ventral wall hernias.ย 

Good morning, Sharon, no new clothing for the trip.ย  I think some of the stuff I own might still fit ok......the jeans (for example) actually might have been too tight so now they may fit correctly๐Ÿ™‚

Will try some things on over the weekend.ย  The only part of these meds that are a pain is the timing๐Ÿ˜ฒ.I have to try to stay on the proper schedule. It is pretty easy to do here at home......lets see how it goes on the ship.ย  I will do the best I can.......and these pills are only for a month.......just happens the cruise is in the middle of that 30 days.

• Like 1

I should have also said, Sharon, have fun with the family! And Sherri, hope the kitchen stuff goes more smoothly for you.........I read both posts..........should have replied sooner.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 8:25 PM, sjb317 said:

Call us crazy, but we decided to change our cruise from July, 2023 to October, 2022๐Ÿ˜ณ. ย  Saved a substantial amount and got a better cabin. ย This was my husbandโ€™s idea so I told him if we switched, he would have ย do all the planning as I am busy with designers, builders, etc. ย 

ย 

Wow, lots going on!!!

ย 

What ship will you be on and where are you sailing?

On 8/13/2022 at 12:25 AM, cruisemom42 said:

ย 

Wow, lots going on!!!

ย 

What ship will you be on and where are you sailing?

We are sailing on Vikingโ€™s Magni from Budapest to Amsterdam in October. ย Planning to spend a few days in Budapest which I am excited about. ย 
ย 

Good news about the kitchen, they should be able to start installing cabinets late next week!

ย 

OOTD: ย Gym clothes!

ย 

Sherri๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We are sailing on Vikingโ€™s Magni from Budapest to Amsterdam in October. ย Planning to spend a few days in Budapest which I am excited about. ย 
ย 

Good news about the kitchen, they should be able to start installing cabinets late next week!

ย 

OOTD: ย Gym clothes!

ย 

Sherri๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Sherri, great news about the cabinets๐Ÿ˜€

I had about 2 hours worth of errands to run yesterday -- at least the weather was slightly less scorching and much less humid.ย 

ย 

As a reward I stopped by Trader Joe's. I finally was able to find the chicken, lemon and arugula salad, yay. Also got some curried chicken salad (great in a pita or wrap) and some Mediterranean orzo salad. I just read in the Fearless Flyer that their tamales are good so I got a couple to try. The felafel and tzatziki were good enough that I got them again.ย 

ย 

While looking to stock up on some favorite condiments, I found a new one to try (also in the latest FF): Salsa de Cacahuate -- a salsa made with guajillo chiles and ground peanuts. Sounded intriguing.ย 

ย 

No bamba.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. I did treat myself to some of the mini orange cranberry scones though. Just had two for breakfast, slightly warmed in the microwave and with real Irish butter.ย  Mmmm....

• Like 2

Hi girls, well, Sharon if you are peaking in here.......I know I said I was not going to buy anything new but I lied LOL.......I went over to Nordstrom Rack this morning and they have so many, many bottom choices,ย  Jeans of all sizes and colors.......regular pants, etc....etc....etc............anyway, I am big fan of the brand "Democracy" the jeans and pants all fit me really well. Found a pair of black ones......they are ponte knit with a small cuff at the bottom. They can really work well for this trip.....daytime or evening.

They have a really good hand to them......not too heavy but substantial. And yes, pockets๐Ÿ™‚ย I also found a pullover, lightweight sweater that is VERY, VERY, VERY soft๐Ÿ™‚.....not cashmere by any means, but omg........feels so good on the body.ย  And I thought I had a pair of shoes for daytime but found a pair of BZees.......VERY comfortable. Decided to buy them too.ย  Melody, I know I posted on that shoe thread to you.........that I found an old pair of Earth Origins in my closet......but these BZees are aweome!

This is my 2nd pair of this brand๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Like 1

Greetings from coolish and not humid Minneapolis. Having a really good time. Honestly my 17 mo GD is busy every waking minute and keeping up with her is giving us a good workout! Maybe might even drop a few lbs? ย If so maybe I might find some great things at Nordstrom Rack too?
ย 

Lois, you found some great purchases! Really good choices for your upcoming itinerary. Our store always seems messy and disorganized so itโ€™s not usually my first choice to shop for clothes. However, I am going to check out Democracy. I know you have mentioned that brand before and that you really like them. So time to take a look for myself. Like the shoes too because they look comfy.ย 
ย 

Sherri, good to hear that your new kitchen is progressing.

ย ย 
Cynthia, thanks for the reminder about the Orzo salad and the burritos. Going to look for them next TJ trip.ย 
ย 

Kat must be having a great time on her GF trip. Hope flights went ok for her.ย 
ย 

OOTD. Ankle pants and very light tee. May have to add a jacket when we go to dinner.ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, thanks for the reminder about the Orzo salad and the burritos. Going to look for them next TJ trip.ย 

ย 

OMG, I had the chicken lemon and arugula salad for dinner last night and it was sooooo good. Best salad I've ever gotten from TJs. Of course, I love arugula. And it was probably helpful that I arrived just as the guy was restocking them, so it was very fresh. But still -- a real WINNER!

ย 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

ย 

OMG, I had the chicken lemon and arugula salad for dinner last night and it was sooooo good. Best salad I've ever gotten from TJs. Of course, I love arugula. And it was probably helpful that I arrived just as the guy was restocking them, so it was very fresh. But still -- a real WINNER!

ย 

Sounds really good......is the lemon chicken a prepared item they sell?ย 

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sounds really good......is the lemon chicken a prepared item they sell?ย 

ย 

Not sure, I haven't looked for it. The chicken in the salad is not that flavorful by itself, but the Israeli couscous, peppery arugula and the dressing give it a lot of punch.

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

ย 

Not sure, I haven't looked for it. The chicken in the salad is not that flavorful by itself, but the Israeli couscous, peppery arugula and the dressing give it a lot of punch.

Ohhhh..ok, the chicken is in the Arugala?ย