for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

At the airport just waiting to board.  For some reason, about 95% of the time, I have to have some type of body search after going through the scanner.  Today’s search was  full abdomen, up to bra and down to undies.   At least it was on top of clothing, I had to have a full body search at Dulles once and she went under.😳😂

Hope you all have a great week!

Sherri🙂

51 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

At the airport just waiting to board.  For some reason, about 95% of the time, I have to have some type of body search after going through the scanner.  Today’s search was  full abdomen, up to bra and down to undies.   At least it was on top of clothing, I had to have a full body search at Dulles once and she went under.😳😂

Hope you all have a great week!

Sherri🙂

Have a wonderful cruise!  Looking forward to pictures. I always get selected for ‘random’ search too

Sherrie - have a great cruise!!

As far as my getting ready for work season - it has been sale season so I have been hunting for a couple of pieces for the winter.  I was getting a little bored with wearing my Athleta Pranayana Wraps all the time (I have multiple colors) so I wanted a few more options.  My shoes and boots from the last 2 years are stiill in good condition so I don't have to worry about footwear.  i just have to be sure that what i buy is multipurpose and not just workwear.  

i probably won't get back town to TJs for a few weeks.  I picked up some generic plain bagels at my neighborhood market so I have something to put the pumpkin cream cheese on.  Already had 2 servings of the pumpkin oatmeal and a serving of pumpkin overnight oats.  

if you like rosé wine, see if you can find a bottle of Il Rosé di Casanova  from Casanova della Spinetta.  It is the rosé that i had at the la Spinetta winery befiore the Andrea Bocelli concert.  Everyone was buying it to take home or buy to be shipped but because of Utah laws and I had no room in my luggage, I couldn't get any.  imagine my delight when I found it in my State liquor store when I was looking for another rosé.  It is a small winery so I was totally shocked to find it.  i only noticed it because I saw the distinctive rhinoceros on the label.  

i set up Apple TV on my not-all-that-smart TV over the weekend.  i had 3 free months of Apple TV from buying my iPhone.  I always hear people talking about Ted Lasso and it wins Emmys, so I've wanted to watch it for awhile.  I ended up binging the whole 1st season Saturday night.  I really, really like it.  I'll bing season 2 next weekend.  There is also 'Gutsy' - a show by Hillary and Chelsea Clinton.  They interview and interact with female guests.  I saw a teaser of it when I saw them on another show last week and thought it could be interesting.  

OOTD:  again, joggers and a sweatshirt this morning since it's 58 in the house, but I'll change to a tshirt late as the temp will get to the upper 70s later this afternoon.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jhsocal said:

Sherri, were you wearing a belt during the scan? Think your bra was the issue? Suspect some TSA personnel might be more strict than others.

No belt, no underwire on bra.  No metal anywhere.  My favorite experience in being searched, aside from my whole body one😉, was when the agent said she needed to search my left ankle.  At the time, I was barefoot, no socks, and wearing capris so entire leg  and foot were  visible from knee down.  Agent laughed when she looked down at my feet but proceeded with the pat down.😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Haha 1

Hi girls, got a new laptop and next Tues Geek Squad is coming to set it up and will get all my stuff from my old one transferred on to the new one. Yes, it is extra $ money for that service but worth it to me. I know how to do the things already on there but really have no clue how to migrate everything from one to the other.

Will let you know how it goes.

• Like 3

Happy cruising Sherri !

Spring is in the air over here and daylight saving starts this weekend .

We have just also found out number 2 grandchild is to be expected early next year .

My treatment is going well ,although have felt a bit rough the last few days.

Off for a walk in my Lululemon and a new Adidas cap.

Happy days everyone !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrToblerone said:

Happy cruising Sherri !

We have just also found out number 2 grandchild is to be expected early next year .

Happy days everyone !

CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming grandchild😃

4 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Happy cruising Sherri !

Happy days everyone !

Thanks! Congratulations on # 2 grandchild!  Grandchildren are so much more fun than children!

We embarked on our cruise today, everything went well.  Had a great time in Boston yesterday, we did the Freedom trail and ended up walking almost 8 miles.  Discovered this morning that Halifax has been dropped from our itinerary, it seems Fiona is paying them a visit on Saturday so we will not be able too.  It had never occurred to me that a hurricane would be a problem for us in Canada!😂😂

Sherti🙂

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, MrToblerone said:

Happy cruising Sherri !

Happy days everyone !

Congratulations on another grandchild to love and enjoy! I agree with Sherri, grandchildren are the best!

Fall is in the air here or rather I wish it was in the air. We are about to have a rin of 90+ days.

wishing you continued good progress with your treatments.

Sharon

Sherri, looks like you may have some lively seas ahead. We dealt with Sandy when we did our Canada/New England cruise. It put a bit of a damper on the last part of the itinerary. Had to bypass Bar Harbor. In spite of that, that cruise is still one of my favorites.

Lois, I hope you are enjoying your new laptop. I see the Geeksquad trucks from time to time.

Kat, I’m going to look for that wine. Meant to look at TJ’s but got distracted when I noticed DH adding several pumpkin items to the basket🙄.

I never got around to the Apple TV free trial and now the time has long passed. Maybe a good thing for me-I might not have wanted to cancel it at the end of the trial!

OOTD. FALL! (Still trying tor that fall feeling in spite of temps) 

• Like 1

Off for my second of two Ct scans this week. I’m surviving with these nasty steroids, one week down, five to go. 

Kat, Athleta is offering discounts minimum 15%. I just got another Pranayama Wrap in the Borealis Green (kind of a jewely teal. It’ll go nicely with my tropical florals that I’m taking in Dec 

Sherri, hope you’re not running into too much weather with Fiona. My friend in Nova Scotia is hunkering down. Her lobsterman son has brought the boat in. 

past couple days we’re very falling. Yesterday was rainy & a high of 45. Today back to 70s. Melody

Good morning........Melody, hope the scan goes well.

Sharon, I am not using the new laptop yet. Geek Squad will be here Tuesday to get it all installed. 

Looks like Fiona is going right towards Bermuda and then Canada is supposed to get hit REALLY HARD.....hope everyone stays safe!  

• Like 1

Man, I sure hope no one's cruise is disrupted or made very uncomfortable at sea with Fiona.  The people on land - well, I hope they stay safe and make it through unscathed.  

My travel "hamster wheel" was in full gear the past 2 days.  Maybe a midweek trip down to Las Vegas.  Frequent flyer miles for the flight because I don't want to drive 5 hours.  But, if I drive, I could stock up at Bob's Discount Liquor and Eataly.  Use my AMEX to get a room at the Cosmopolitan that gives me benefits to make the room price Ok (free breakfast, $100 at spa, upgrade, guaranteed late checkout).  Go see Meow Wolf's installation there.  Bask on my private balcony and listen to music, do an Audible or actually read.   Well,  I shut that down fast.  I'll save it until April and my birthday (was supposed to do it 2 years ago, but COViD screwed that up).  

I love my Pranayana wraps, but after wearing them (probably) 3 out of 5 days at work for 3 years, I needed a little variety in my wardrobe.  I run warm in the first place and sometimes I get really hot with some of the tasks I do so I want to stay lightweight, flexible and comfortable.  

Didn't see any sweaters/wraps I was drawn to in Athleta, but the Delancy straight cargo pant in the brownish color do look interesting.  The pumpkin color would be fun, but a little too much for work.  I may drive into town over the weekend and see how they look on me.  It would be a break from all the black pants and leggings I wear at work.

Oh, Pact is having 25% off now, too.  It's the organic cotton site I've bought from.  

OOTD:  leggings and long sleeve Tshirt.  The high is supposed to be down to 66 today.  But, back into the 70s for the weekend.

• Like 1

Thanks for congratulations on expected grandchild number two ,they sure are fun.

My daughter, husband and 18 month grandson live with us at present ,its fun and keeps my mind off things.The treatment is going well but my legs are very sore for some reason.

Fiona was on our news last night ,scary stuff!

Kat you sound like me, always planning a future holiday .

Off for my morning walk soon.

Happy healthy days to everyone and I hope the scan goes well Melody

• Like 1

We are having a great cruise but our itinerary has been changed quite a bit. To start with, everything was reversed so we went to Portland today instead of last port day, we are over nighting  and leaving tomorrow at 130.Halifax andSt John have been completely dropped from itinerary but so far, seas have been calm.  

All is good.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Thanks for congratulations on expected grandchild number two ,they sure are fun.

My daughter, husband and 18 month grandson live with us at present ,its fun and keeps my mind off things.The treatment is going well but my legs are very sore for some reason.

Fiona was on our news last night ,scary stuff!

Kat you sound like me, always planning a future holiday .

Off for my morning walk soon.

Happy healthy days to everyone and I hope the scan goes well Melody

Melody, I am wishing you the best for your scan!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Well, it's crunch time -- last weekend before I leave for my BTB.  I'm flying into Venice Oct 1, but have to get to Ravenna to board the ship.  As far as I can determine, a COVID test is still required prior to boarding because we're going to Greece, so I plan to do that on my laptop with a kit and the electronic monitoring. Of course, Celebrity's electronic systems are down for the last two days, so I haven't been able to print out my boarding pass and luggage tags...

We had a bit of a cool front come through last night, so the temps are lovely for the weekend, at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We are having a great cruise but our itinerary has been changed quite a bit. To start with, everything was reversed so we went to Portland today instead of last port day, we are over nighting  and leaving tomorrow at 130.Halifax andSt John have been completely dropped from itinerary but so far, seas have been calm.  

All is good.

Sherri🙂

They’ll keep you safe. Enjoy your cruise