for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, last day on the ship. I have had a really good time sans 1 person who was really rude to me. But that was much earlier in the cruise and I have not interacted with him since that time. Sometimes people are just mean.

Anyway, I am all packed with the exception of dinner tonight and clothes for tomorrow.

I get home about 3 tomorrow afternoon so will check in again after that time.

Jacksonville should be warmer by the time you get home, Lois!  You have missed a weekend of colder weather!

Glad you have had a good time and was able to stay away from the rude guy.  Some people are just jerks!😂

I know you are a football fan, did you hear the Jacksonville jaguars won yesterday?  I think that means they get to go to the playoffs?  

Safe travels home!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Jacksonville should be warmer by the time you get home, Lois!  You have missed a weekend of colder weather!

Glad you have had a good time and was able to stay away from the rude guy.  Some people are just jerks!😂

I know you are a football fan, did you hear the Jacksonville jaguars won yesterday?  I think that means they get to go to the playoffs?  

Safe travels home!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, they showed the game on board and it is The Playoffs😀

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have had a really good time sans 1 person who was really rude to me. But that was much earlier in the cruise and I have not interacted with him since that time. Sometimes people are just mean.

Shame to run into those types. Seems people are just unable to be nice even when on vacation.  😠

• Like 1

Lois, Jacksonville Jaguars played a great game (2nd half) & definitely deserved their win. Hope they take care of business with Kansas City next week!!

Sorry you had an issue with a jerk, there always seems to be one. Melody

Hi Melody, sitting at the airport for my flight home.

Thanks, we really looked like a different team in the 2nd 1/2. And I am very proud of them but I seriously doubt we will beat the Chiefs in Kansas City.........but you never know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, sitting at the airport for my flight home.

Thanks, we really looked like a different team in the 2nd 1/2. And I am very proud of them but I seriously doubt we will beat the Chiefs in Kansas City.........but you never know.

Go Jags!!

Hello All,

Welcome back, Lois! I followed along and you certainly had a great, very relaxing cruise. Where to next? 

Gosh, Kat, your “season” so far has had its share of not so great experiences. Certainly can’t do anything about the weather but those kids-that’s another matter! Too bad there isn’t a rule that kids must have parental supervision when on the premises. 

Still raining here. Apparently one more storm to go later this week. Then we might stay dry for awhile. Lots of damage up and down the state. I’m sorry that these storms head east and are impacting so many in other states.

I’ve spent the days working on projects I put aside during the holidays and have.made good progress. Also took care of my annual mammogram and visit to the dermatologist. Can check those off for another year! 

Take care,

Sharon

• Like 1

Good morning girls, just doing laundry. 

Sharon, I am going out of Athens in April for 10 nights😃 Definitely a much more active cruise than what I just took.........when I go to Europe, The Med, etc.....I always go on tours. To travel all that way and not see things? Makes no sense for me. We go to Istanbul and it is my first time there😃

• Like 2

Hi Sharon,

we go to Crete, Rhodes, Mykonos, Mamaris, Kusudasi , Dikil (Izmir), an overnight stay in Istanbul and 

Thessaloniki.  I have only visited Mykonos and Rhodes before so the all the other stops are new for me😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon,

we go to Crete, Rhodes, Mykonos, Mamaris, Kusudasi , Dikil (Izmir), an overnight stay in Istanbul and 

Thessaloniki.  I have only visited Mykonos and Rhodes before so the all the other stops are new for me😃

Sounds like a fabulous itinerary!  14 nights?  Melody

23 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Hello,

Leaving on my next cruise 1/30. It's a 10 night southern caribbean on Celebrity Equinox. I've been reading on CC that Celebrity has had quite a few cutbacks. I hope it's not as bad as the reviews.

Hi Janet, hope you have a great cruise😀

Hi Lois, that will be quite an adventure. So many new places yo explore. I will look forward to reading about your tours.

Hi Janet, I too have heard about the cut backs on Celebrity and it makes me sad. We have always enjoyed our cruises on their ships. Hopefully the reports aren’t entirely accurate.  Keep us posted. Wishing you a great cruise.

Sharon

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon,

Wow, that IS a good itinerary. Thessaloniki is a "hidden gem"; I'd love to get back there again. And of course Istanbul is a WOW. 

If you need any advice on tours or must sees, I've been to all of the above except Dikili. Which port in Crete do you have?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hello,

Leaving on my next cruise 1/30. It's a 10 night southern caribbean on Celebrity Equinox. I've been reading on CC that Celebrity has had quite a few cutbacks. I hope it's not as bad as the reviews.

It is sounding a bit grim on the Celebrity boards, isn't it?  Especially the evening buffet (which thankfully isn't a big part of my cruising experience but I can understand the disappointment of others).  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, that IS a good itinerary. Thessaloniki is a "hidden gem"; I'd love to get back there again. And of course Istanbul is a WOW. 

If you need any advice on tours or must sees, I've been to all of the above except Dikili. Which port in Crete do you have?

Hi Cynthia, we go Aghios Nikolaos.  As for tours? We are offered multiple tours that are included in the cruise price so I am booking through the cruise line.  SS roll calls are not very active and the only other way I would book is with going with other folks.  Unless you have a cruise operator that is very 1 2 1 driven? In other words, a private tour with just me? I would consider that...........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hello,

Looks like biggest cutbacks are in the buffet in evenings & now charging $9.95 for room service (other than continental breakfast). Beverage packages have increased in price, but you can now bring 2-750ml bottles of wine per adult now, not per stateroom; no corkage fee if you have any Bev pkg

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, we go Aghios Nikolaos.  As for tours? We are offered multiple tours that are included in the cruise price so I am booking through the cruise line.  SS roll calls are not very active and the only other way I would book is with going with other folks.  Unless you have a cruise operator that is very 1 2 1 driven? In other words, a private tour with just me? I would consider that...........

oh, sorry I wasn't clear -- I just meant if you needed any advice or thoughts on which tours to book, which sights to see.  I understand you mostly use the SS tours, which makes perfect sense...

For example, in Thessaloniki I would highly recommend a tour (if they offer it) to see the grave and grave goods of Philip II of Macedonia (father of Alexander the Great), which has been made into a museum and is wonderful. It should be a half-day trip, it's a bit out of Thessaloniki itself. In the morning, I went to the Thessaloniki Archaeology Museum on my own with a traveling companion who unfortunately got sick in the museum and had to go back to the ship.....  I also walked over to the Tomb of Galerius, a Roman emperor -- Thessaloniki was one of the four capitals of the Roman empire in the AD 300s, so for me it was an exciting visit.  

• Like 1

Tomorrow starts the Sundance Film Festival in town.  10 days of traffic jams.  If it's anything like it was pre-COVID, my 10 mile drive home will morph into an hour trek.  Since I have to drive through Old Town, I have no way to get around it.  The one fun thing is to look at the "fashion" while I'm stuck in traffic.  

I'm in a tizzy about a vacation.  I'm thinking now about playing low key this year and doing another domestic road trip.  Or maybe a cheap cruise out of the US.  There is a food tour to Puglia next year that I'm interested in.  Led by Sophia Minchilli (she was Stanley Tucci's guide in Puglia and is Elizabeth Minchilli's daughter).  It's a week-long venture through Puglia.  Small group.  I'd add on a week or two or three of my own somewhere.  More to think about.  

OOTD:  black pants and my tan&white striped long sleeve Tshirt.  I've got some physical work to do at work today, so nothing "fancy".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

There is a food tour to Puglia next year that I'm interested in.  Led by Sophia Minchilli (she was Stanley Tucci's guide in Puglia and is Elizabeth Minchilli's daughter).  It's a week-long venture through Puglia.  Small group.  I'd add on a week or two or three of my own somewhere.

Looked at her tours. While I'm not enough of a foodie to base a tour around it, they do sound lovely. 

I just tour for the ruins and then eat good food at night, lol.

The Umbria one has my mouth watering. I love Umbria. Probably more than Tuscany. (And they have a visit to Deruta for pottery, which is down your alley I think?)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Looked at her tours. While I'm not enough of a foodie to base a tour around it, they do sound lovely. 

I just tour for the ruins and then eat good food at night, lol.

The Umbria one has my mouth watering. I love Umbria. Probably more than Tuscany. (And they have a visit to Deruta for pottery, which is down your alley I think?)

The Umbria ones does sound good, too.  The visit to Deruta would put me in serious financial trouble!!  Puglia would be something different - I was thinking of doing Calabria & Puglia by myself.  Who knows???   And because I usually base around cities, churches and ruins, basing around food would be a change.   Oh man, now you have me thinking about Umbria...  

• Like 2