for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

@Lois R  Sorry to hear you have a cold. Two weeks should be enough time to shake it. Good luck!

Everyone -- I am leaving tomorrow morning. My flight is around 14 hours 😭, just can't wait....  I will be boarding the ship on Monday the 27th and will be onboard 28 days.

I don't usually post much while I'm traveling -- too many other fun things to be doing. But I will keep good notes on everything and report back once I'm home again.

I am looking forward reading about your trip, Cynthia!  Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

@Lois R  Sorry to hear you have a cold. Two weeks should be enough time to shake it. Good luck!

Everyone -- I am leaving tomorrow morning. My flight is around 14 hours 😭, just can't wait....  I will be boarding the ship on Monday the 27th and will be onboard 28 days.

I don't usually post much while I'm traveling -- too many other fun things to be doing. But I will keep good notes on everything and report back once I'm home again.

cynthia - have a fantastic adventure!  I didn't realize it was such a long cruise.  I'll look forward to your postings.

Lois - sorry 'bout the cold.  I sure hope you are 100% before you leave for your cruise,

Wow - it seems like it's cruise time for all!!

• Like 1

Lois, sending “get well quickly” wishes your way. 

Cynthia, wishing you happy, safe travels. Will certainly look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return, BTW were you able to get a 4th booster?

Sherri, I think you said that you also have an April cruise. Wishing you happy, safe

travels also.

Kat, about your snow, watching the weather channel earlier,  apparently there are more storms heading to the Pacific Coast and of course will just keep on heading east.  Not sure how CA will deal with all the water and snow. Hoping that you won’t be badly impacted.

Melody, I bet you are making the most of your ability to move around more easily.

Met with our CPA this morning. Now we wait for the “$verdict”$. Stopped at TJ’s and Whole Foods. Both were really busy-maybe stocking up anticipating the next round of storms?

Sharon

• Like 2

5 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, wishing you happy, safe travels. Will certainly look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return, BTW were you able to get a 4th booster?

CVS would not give me another booster. I got the bivalent one in early September and they contend that there is no recommendation yet on getting a second bivalent. So off I go with my masks (required on board and common in Japan) and my Airborne and my hand sanitizer....lol.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WELDON said:

I am going on a cruise in August leaving from NYC.  Any hotel recommendations? I would prefer something midtown.

Hi Janet, the last time I stayed overnight in NYC was April 2019 and I stayed down near the financial district at a hotel called The Beekman. It was very nice and walkable to the 9/11 Memorial, which up until that time I had never visited. It was extremely emotional but I am very glad I decided to go.  

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, looks like I caught my sister's cold🙄....I am leaving for Greece 2 weeks from Saturday so I better BE BETTER by then! No fever (thankfully) but runny nose and sneezing involved.......I took some Night time Nyquil last night so I slept pretty much through the night. Of course now sis and bil are  staying elsewhere and they are on  the mend LOL........hoping this cold won't last too long!

Hi Lois, I hope you are feeling better.  I am looking forward to reading about your cruise, also!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Mother Nature:  PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

Another 6" showed up on my driveway overnight.  This afternoon, it's howling blowing, whiteout and snowing.  The Interstate by my house is a parking lot now with no visibility.  Fortunately, I got into work before this latest incarnation of He!! arrived this afternoon.  It's supposed to be 9" total today, 4.5" tomorrow and 2" Sunday.  Then a break until next Wednesday, with 7.25" and 2.25" Thursday.  I'm giving up on shoveling my driveway - I'll just plow through it now.   Right now, I'm watching the mature Aspen trees across the street get blown about 2" in each direction...

Janet - I don't know midtown from anywhere in NYC.  But, I did stay at the Andaz 5th Ave a few years ago and loved it.  Right across from the iconic Library and Bryant Park.   The other time I was in NYC, I actually stayed across the River at the W Hoboken.  A quick ferry ride across to the Trade Center.  

I start thinking about all my snow here and leaving for Alaska 4 days after I finish my season, I wonder if I'm going back into the snow????  😹 That would be my luck!!

OOTD:  I'm by myself today, and I was in a cranky mood, so:  black jeans, black hoodie sweater, grey Chaco booties and a bright-colored Buff in my hair (it wouldn't have been any good to try to do anything with my hair today).  

ETA:  I took video with sound to try to let you know how loud and hard the wind it, but the file is too big...

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

We normally don’t have this much rain so late in our “rainy season”. I usually start to think about spring bedding plants now but not this year. With more rain on the way, will hold off awhile. Just our luck we will skip spring temps and jump to our usual summer heat. 

I bought one of those multi plant/flower pots last summer. The perennial plants will stay but the annuals need to be pulled out and replaced. So there is that to work on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

We get most of our snow along the Front Range in March & April, just when you’re looking forward to spring flowers

I stopped doing my spring flowers, other than crocus.  The tulips & daffodils would show up, look nice one day then get trampled by the next snow storm. 

OOTD:  I'm still cranky and I'm the only employee on site today, so:  black jeans, my new mottled green hoodie thermal shirt from Smartwool, another Buff in my hair, and my grey Chaco booties.   

• Like 1

Hi all -- I made it to Yokohama last evening after my 14 hour flight. (It was pretty uneventful -- I wasn't in the full "lie flat" seats but premium economy was enough -- larger seat, more leg room -- to make it bearable. I didn't even watch any movies!)

Unfortunately the weather in Yokohama is not ideal for the sightseeing I planned today. 70% to 80% chance of rain all day with increasing chances of thunderstorms around. mid-afternoon. I am going to head out in a bit with my raincoat to at least stretch my legs and walk around the immediate area.

My hotel is a historic property, right across from a part and the bay. It is where General MacArthur and his staff stayed after Japan's surrender in WWII.

image.png.38ce04b2296755a29e15080714aa736c.png

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 2

Hi, Cynthia, thanks for letting us know you made it safe and sound😀

Slowly feeling better. Nose is still a bit clogged but much better than a couple of days ago. Thanks to all of you for the good wishes.

• Like 1

Me again, been a relaxing day and as it has progressed I feel better than even this morning.

I am sure most of you have followed (at least a little bit) about all the plane fiasco's recently. I saw this story and wanted to post it. (nobody hurt or anything but just a nut case involved)

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lax-delta-emergency-exit-slide-passenger/index.html

I just have to shake my head and wonder "What are they thinking"?.......oh wait, they are NOT thinking at all!

• Like 1

Good to know that you arrived safely, Cynthia. Nice view from your hotel. I hope the weather is better going forward. Bon voyage!

Also good to hear that you are feeling better, Lois. Yes, crazy stuff happening on flights today. There was a minor incident on our flight to Minneapolis earlier this month. A gentleman was seated in a window seat when a lady boarded snd insisted that she wanted to sit by the window even though she had the aisle seat. Both these passengers required wheel chairs and were older so fortunately no actual fighting but our flight was delayed about 20 minutes while the gate agent boarded and took care of the issue. 

Have a good week everyone!

Cynthia - thanks for the note that you arrived.  Question: are you an adventurous eater?  My friend who is over on Okinawa with her Marine pilot hubby, posted a photo of a bag of squid ink flavor potato chips.  She wants to know what they taste like. I was surprised she didn't feed them to her son, who will eat everything Japanese now.   

Lois - one of my owners has had kind of a cold for 2 weeks now.  She is getting a little better day by day.  Hope this is how it goes for you,  

The slow season started in earnest today at work.  2 arrivals, then nothing until Thursday, then nothing for a week.  I keep thinking people will book last-minute with the snow we have, but none so far.  And, we are going to get more as the week goes on.  

OOTD:  black jeans, black & white stripe long sleeve Tshirt, my grey Patagonia vest.   

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 11:59 AM, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - thanks for the note that you arrived.  Question: are you an adventurous eater?  My friend who is over on Okinawa with her Marine pilot hubby, posted a photo of a bag of squid ink flavor potato chips.  She wants to know what they taste like. I was surprised she didn't feed them to her son, who will eat everything Japanese now.   

I will be in Okinawa tomorrow. If I see any squid ink chips, rest assured I will try them. Japan is known for a lot of unusual local flavors of chips, ice cream ( wasabi anyone?) and even chocolate bars.

Last time I was here they had just introduced a weird kind of Nehi soda that turned into a sort of carbonated jelly when you opened it!

• Like 1