for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Love the outfit, Melody, That blue is so you! I also like that shade/color of blue. Yay on the good foot healing progress! Determination paying off.

Yep, those short ribs appear a a choice in domestic First also and are popular. Not always one of the choices unfortunately.

What a mess at FLL-wonder how many flying in ahead of a cruise are impacted.

OOTD finally!-weather warm enough to pull out some lighter weight tops. Haven’t decided yet which one I’ll wear. Need a sort of transitional weight-temps in the low 70’s.

Have a nice week end everyone and Kat, enjoy your last few work days. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 10:39 PM, purduemom1 said:

Hi Everyone,

it’s been a busy several days here so not a lot if time to check in. Hope everyone is doing well. 

Cynthia and Lois, happy to know that you are enjoying yourselves.  Weather seems to be a challenge for most of us these days which can certainly impact travels. Hope all on cruises have good weather going forward. Enjoying the pictures, Cynthia. BTW I wonder if cruisers who purchased the high priced tours to Kyoto know that there are express trains that go from Osaka to Kyoto at a reasonable cost🤷‍♀️.

Lois, I’m surprised that you didn’t receive an email from Delta with meal choices and the option to order ahead so your first choice is available. Maybe your TA didn’t give Delta your email? I haven’t seen a way to order thru the the app or web site. 

Kat, nice parting gifts. Won’t be long now until you too will be cruising. Your clothing options should work well for Alaska. Did you find a new rain jacket-aka birthday gift? Happy belated birthday wishes!

Melody, how is your foot doing? Are you still going to PT?

Sherri, good to hear from you. I hope that the terrible fire in northern Indiana isn’t impacting your family.

Congratulations , Melissa, on your new grandson. What a joy!

Take care all

Thanks for asking Sharon, the fire is on the outskirts of Richmond which is a small city about an hour east of Indianapolis.  Our families all live on the south side of Indy so no involvement.  What a mess that fire has been, I guess the company has been cited several times for improper storage of chemicals, etc, so probably just a matter of time before something happened.

Sherri🙂

Hi Melody, Beautiful pictures and the outfit really suits you.

Glad to hear you are doing well with PT. You seem to be making good progress.

FLL airport opened at 9 this morning. I'm sure a lot of people are supposed to be flying in. Next week is school vacation in Massachusetts and I'm sure other states as well. So you have the cruising people and people who are just coming to FL for vacation. 

• Like 1

Hi from snowy Park City.  Yes, it's snowing again.  

I have to say, today was a great day to come to work.  My owner (who also owns the villa in Tuscany) had a free "yard sale" for us in her unit.  They are renovating it this summer so she was giving away a bunch of stuff.  I have no room in my house for really anything, but I did take a new Keurig machine and a pair of metalwork crows (I have some other metalwork animals so they'll be at home).  BUT, then she brought out me a coat and wanted to know if it would fit - it did!  It's about a $500 coat.  THEN, she brought down to the desk some beautiful necklaces from a vintage designer she knows.  I was looking up some of it and she gave me close to $800 worth!!!!!   It was like Christmas in April.  I wish she was giving away the one fedora she brought with her this time - I coveted it the last time she was here.  It was custom done for her at some fancy hat place in Nashville - probably a good $1000.  

I have some photos of my footwear I'm trying to decide on, but they are on my phone and I can't copy them here.  I'll post when I get home.  

OOTD:  black jeans, pink & white stripe Tshirt, jean jacket, pink hightops.  The fedora would go great with this outfit 🤪

• Like 3

1 minute ago, awhfy said:

Kat, now that’s a true haul of good stuff!!!

I may take a couple of the necklaces on the cruise.  It's that old hippie look!!

If you want to look, the company is "Melody Vintage Jewelry".  

Purple - there are two stores in NC that sell her stuff - Ziabird in Wilmington and All Through the House in Winston-Salem.  Some of the pieces could be up your alley, too!

The coat doesn't close - I need about 3" less bust for that, but it looks really cool left open.  I have 3 jackets at home that were designed to sit open, too, so it fits right on.  They all said it goes right with what I had on today...It's about mid-thigh length.  

Now, if she could bring some of her stuff back from Italy for me 😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Hi from snowy Park City.  Yes, it's snowing again.  

I have to say, today was a great day to come to work.  My owner (who also owns the villa in Tuscany) had a free "yard sale" for us in her unit.  They are renovating it this summer so she was giving away a bunch of stuff.  I have no room in my house for really anything, but I did take a new Keurig machine and a pair of metalwork crows (I have some other metalwork animals so they'll be at home).  BUT, then she brought out me a coat and wanted to know if it would fit - it did!  It's about a $500 coat.  THEN, she brought down to the desk some beautiful necklaces from a vintage designer she knows.  I was looking up some of it and she gave me close to $800 worth!!!!!   It was like Christmas in April.  I wish she was giving away the one fedora she brought with her this time - I coveted it the last time she was here.  It was custom done for her at some fancy hat place in Nashville - probably a good $1000.  

I have some photos of my footwear I'm trying to decide on, but they are on my phone and I can't copy them here.  I'll post when I get home.  

OOTD:  black jeans, pink & white stripe Tshirt, jean jacket, pink hightops.  The fedora would go great with this outfit 🤪

Wow, sounds like a great haul!! The upside of your job. 😄

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, sounds like a great haul!! The upside of your job. 😄

Yes it was!  She came down later and gave me a flower vase and a panini grill!!!  

Bad photo of the jewelry:

OmLFslsQSUWbeypRa2PpfA.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Yes it was!  She came down later and gave me a flower vase and a panini grill!!!  

Nice! I really like the turquoise beads and the one next to it (on the left). Am I remembering right that your dip dyed wedding outfit dress was in those turquoise colors?

6 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I need a little help deciding which shoes to take.  Only taking 2 of them.  Left to right - Merrell Chameleon Mid boot, Merrell trail runner, Merrell Moab low shoe, Moab Mid boot.  All waterproof. 

DmGeQF0KQo2VJEpLrKIN6g.jpg

URNfGRJmQm6VZONOxRH%GQ.jpg

I like the chameleon and the low Moab (3rd one) but depends what you’re packing to go with. All very appropriate for Alaska.

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Nice! I really like the turquoise beads and the one next to it (on the left). Am I remembering right that your dip dyed wedding outfit dress was in those turquoise colors?

Yes, it was varied shades of blue.   It would have gone well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

I like the chameleon and the low Moab (3rd one) but depends what you’re packing to go with. All very appropriate for Alaska.

Jeans, leggings.  I wore the Moab all day Tuesday at work and I'm going to wear it again tomorrow.  So absolutely comfy right out of the box.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sounds right up my alley. Fitting name

85AFD38F-B95C-4043-B11C-C90FDBD08C49.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I need a little help deciding which shoes to take.  Only taking 2 of them.  Left to right - Merrell Chameleon Mid boot, Merrell trail runner, Merrell Moab low shoe, Moab Mid boot.  All waterproof. 

DmGeQF0KQo2VJEpLrKIN6g.jpg

URNfGRJmQm6VZONOxRH%GQ.jpg

I’d take the Chameleon & Moab  low

I agree with Cynthia on both. Since the Moab is “all day” comfort, definitely that one. I really like the colors in the Chameleon . 

Great yard sale acquisitions. Job perks….yes! Oh and sorry about the snow in UT and CO. The Weather has been ridiculous this year.

Edited by purduemom1

Hi kat

I like the third one , low Moab as well .

Melody glad to hear you're doing so well and I also like the blue on you. I love cornflower blue.

My cruise is still months away but Im already thinking about what to take .I will 

be away for five weeks , thank goodness its summer clothing so wont be bulky.

Well, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!

My owner brought down a bunch of clothes and told my boss and me to go through and take what we wanted.  Well, some of this stuff still had tags on them and some of it was high-end stuff!  We were in Heaven going through it all.  We split the ski shells - she took the Spyder and I took The North Face.  And we split 2 cashmere zip sweaters - same pattern, different colors.  I took another couple of cashmere sweaters, a sweater cardigan and a sweater duster, some leggings, a few shirts, an unworn pair of boots.  We both probably walked with easily $800 each.     There was one Ralph Lauren fou fou-y black shirt that I really wanted, but I couldn't get my arms in the shirt (and it was a L).   Would have looked good with nice jeans.  Sigh.'

I'm laughing now because I want to take some with me to Alaska!!!  I may have to re-think my packing strategy and just take my Osprey rolling bag instead of my Cotopaxi carry on.  THIS should be interesting!!

OOTD:  blue jeans, my olive tie dye Smartwool hoodie shirt, my Merrell Moab lowtops.  

• Like 1

Hi girls and good morning from Istanbul. I have a 1/2 day private tour this afternoon and will let you know how it goes. 

Things are really good and having a wonderful time. 

• Like 2

Finally had a day with weather that was half decent. I went to a traditional village about an hour from port. I’d read about it years ago and it was one of the places I was most excited to see. The houses (real working homes/farms) are about 200-300 years old. The thatched roofs are built steeply to shed snow in the winters. A few cherry blossoms linger, but most are on the ground due to the bad weather…. And yes, that is a rice paddy in front of two houses:

DCC6D5A8-E5B3-4D6E-9251-864B3D9B2343.thumb.jpeg.711229dfdcc8bace720c4c8aafa78c85.jpeg

51CDF1C4-6AD9-456A-AFFF-4AF94D780AD2.thumb.jpeg.00e0c7aa9af322600741b0967539d0e3.jpeg

9C05CC8E-4466-444D-ACC3-86819C7BB856.thumb.jpeg.44d9aff59cd34ffdd9e8b68abf8d14c5.jpeg

5888E67F-6804-4F50-87B9-8C17ACCBC139.thumb.jpeg.f3003409f9ea730180ec83bf6e9beeff.jpeg

And for Kat, my daily food “try” - I was looking for an ice cream flavor when I saw all the Japanese tourists were lining up for these cute little pots of pudding. Apparently the latest thing? Anyway, I tried the matcha flavor (no English titles, I was so hoping it wouldn’t be wasabi, lol). Luckily it was the matcha, with a few red beans in the bottom. 🫘 

D5005AD2-E829-46B1-B68F-E8C4BA985156.thumb.jpeg.59766f72a84f9a44dbc0881444a62e30.jpeg

Oishii! 👍🏻

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Finally had a day with weather that was half decent. I went to a traditional village about an hour from port. I’d read about it years ago and it was one of the places I was most excited to see. The houses (real working homes/farms) are about 200-300 years old. The thatched roofs are built steeply to shed snow in the winters. A few cherry blossoms linger, but most are on the ground due to the bad weather…. And yes, that is a rice paddy in front of two houses:

DCC6D5A8-E5B3-4D6E-9251-864B3D9B2343.thumb.jpeg.711229dfdcc8bace720c4c8aafa78c85.jpeg

51CDF1C4-6AD9-456A-AFFF-4AF94D780AD2.thumb.jpeg.00e0c7aa9af322600741b0967539d0e3.jpeg

9C05CC8E-4466-444D-ACC3-86819C7BB856.thumb.jpeg.44d9aff59cd34ffdd9e8b68abf8d14c5.jpeg

5888E67F-6804-4F50-87B9-8C17ACCBC139.thumb.jpeg.f3003409f9ea730180ec83bf6e9beeff.jpeg

And for Kat, my daily food “try” - I was looking for an ice cream flavor when I saw all the Japanese tourists were lining up for these cute little pots of pudding. Apparently the latest thing? Anyway, I tried the matcha flavor (no English titles, I was so hoping it wouldn’t be wasabi, lol). Luckily it was the matcha, with a few red beans in the bottom. 🫘 

D5005AD2-E829-46B1-B68F-E8C4BA985156.thumb.jpeg.59766f72a84f9a44dbc0881444a62e30.jpeg

Oishii! 👍🏻

Beautiful pictures & cheers to your adventurous palate