for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

23 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We did lose our pup last night. DH is devastated. I'm more accepting and stoic--it's the nurse in me. She was a PITA, but she was our cute little PITA.

I'm sorry....🫂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We did lose our pup last night. DH is devastated. I'm more accepting and stoic--it's the nurse in me. She was a PITA, but she was our cute little PITA.

Hi PH,, so sorry about your pup. Sending my heartfelt condolences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I am so sorry.  My thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Ah hugs to both of you. We have dogs for such a short time & they entwine themselves into the fabric of our lives. Melody

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your pup. My brother had to put his  dog down last Saturday. I took care of him many times when they went away and it was almost like he was my dog. I know how you feel.

• Like 2

Dear PH so sorry to read about your beloved dog, they are such a big part of our families.

We lost our mini schnauzer a few years ago and I was devastated .

Your new manager sounds like what we call a micro manager, hopefully he will calm down and find his way.He should be thankful to have your experience.

• Like 3

I’m pleased (thrilled more like it) to report that Les is starting to be more like himself. Doc gave him lidocaine patches to put on the SI joint at night. That coupled with the cortisone shot have made a marked difference for him. He’s using a sturdy walking stick now but deciding if he’ll take the mobility walker on the cruise, 🙄.  He’s got another week on the antibiotics. We’ll get the results on the gb mri on the 31st (unless something is very abnormal).  I pulled out the suitcases yesterday & will finish packing next week (except hanging stuff). 

my bday is Monday so the kids have decreed we’re having a party on Sunday afternoon, they’re bringing everything. I’ll get more wine!

thanks everyone for the positive comments on Les’s recovery, it really helped. Melody

• Like 5

Great news, Melody. Good to hear that things are going in the right direction. If it is a folding walker, taking it may not be a bad idea. Sometimes it's better to have it and not use it than wish you had it with you. When is your cruise?

Happy early birthday. Enjoy tomorrow with your family.

• Like 1

Good morning, Melody, so happy to know Les is on the mend😃and early Happy Birthday to you😃

Wishing you and the family and wonderful day tomorrow!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WELDON said:

Great news, Melody. Good to hear that things are going in the right direction. If it is a folding walker, taking it may not be a bad idea. Sometimes it's better to have it and not use it than wish you had it with you. When is your cruise?

Happy early birthday. Enjoy tomorrow with your family.

It is a folding walker with a seat (weighs 14 lbs). I’m seriously leaning to bringing it & his cane. We’re flying first class on Delta so shouldn’t be an issue to bring it on board, this medical equipment. 

thanks for the bday wishes Janet!!

Edited by awhfy

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Melody, so happy to know Les is on the mend😃and early Happy Birthday to you😃

Wishing you and the family and wonderful day tomorrow!

Thanks Lois

Melody - depending on which shoulder is the bum one, he may not like a cane.  Just that pressure of using the cane could be painful.  Just something to think about.    I put lidocaine creme on my shoulder every night.  It helps me some - I'm a big mover when I sleep I don't wake up with pain when I move as much.

A nice thing happened at work last night.  I got a $20 from guests who aren't even mine (their condo is managed by another company).  I did do some things for them during their stay that I didn't have to do, but they were such nice people.  My thinking is that, if you are staying in "my" lodge, I'll help if I can, even if you are not one of my guests.  It's just easier to do something than to tell them they have to call their property management company for something.   I got invited to a party at one of my owners tonight.  If I didn't have to drive home, I would have gone up and had an Aperol Spritz.  Darn.

OOTD: brown & white striped heavy Tshirt and my black jeans.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - depending on which shoulder is the bum one, he may not like a cane.  Just that pressure of using the cane could be painful.  Just something to think about.    I put lidocaine creme on my shoulder every night.  It helps me some - I'm a big mover when I sleep I don't wake up with pain when I move as much.

A nice thing happened at work last night.  I got a $20 from guests who aren't even mine (their condo is managed by another company).  I did do some things for them during their stay that I didn't have to do, but they were such nice people.  My thinking is that, if you are staying in "my" lodge, I'll help if I can, even if you are not one of my guests.  It's just easier to do something than to tell them they have to call their property management company for something.   I got invited to a party at one of my owners tonight.  If I didn't have to drive home, I would have gone up and had an Aperol Spritz.  Darn.

OOTD: brown & white striped heavy Tshirt and my black jeans.  

It’s his left shoulder, he holds cane in right hand but uses walker more

Early bday celebration. Our AF grandson surprised me!!  So wonderful having everyone here. Excellent Bordeaux especially with a tuxedo cake (from Costco) Melody

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7780.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Good morning.........Melody, hope you had a great day (looks like it)😃 and I have that same sweater you are wearing LOL.......

Hope you have a wonderful birthday😃

image.png.29b406a549f882ee6c077bcd0dd834ed.png

• Like 1

Happy early Birthday Melody!  Nice little bottle of Bordeaux.  

Speaking of Bordeaux:  one of my owners brought down a bottle of Bordeaux for me to give to another owner as a "thank you" for looking at the xrays of his daughter's shoulder and doing some diagnostics on it (he's one of the top orthos in the US).  I know the owner has some nice bottles up in his unit - I did a Vivino of it to see.  Holy C$$P!  It lists for $732!!!!!  I was afraid to pick it up to give to the Dr.   I will say that is probably close to how much is is for an office visit to him 🙀

Totally bored here yesterday and today and will be again tomorrow.  Not that many people in house.  No people here for Sundance.  My co-worker and I were trying to come with things to do.  At the end, we were looking at properties near where our one owner has their villa in Tuscany.  I shouldn't have done that - now I really want to go back again SOOOOON.  Not this summer - I have that saved for surgery...

OOTD:  My white flowered hoodie, blue jeans, my Taos white leather high tops.  I put new laces on them - white with white was just tooooo bland.  I'll post a photo tonight - it's on my iPhone and I'm on the computer at work (don't tell).  

• Like 2

Home at last!  

Here's my white high tops with the new laces.   My owner who has the Tuscan villa had on a nice pair of white Adidas from Gucci.  It had the red, green, yellow as the stripes.  I told him he needed these laces:

IMG_2407.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:44 PM, slidergirl said:

I know the owner has some nice bottles up in his unit - I did a Vivino of it to see.  Holy C$$P!  It lists for $732!!!!!

Wow!  I don't know if I could really appreciate a wine that special. 😉. But I'd be happy to try...

I am actually doing a little studying up on the wines I'll be encountering on my Bordeaux trip. Hey, it's been a cold, rainy week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow!  I don't know if I could really appreciate a wine that special. 😉. But I'd be happy to try...

I am actually doing a little studying up on the wines I'll be encountering on my Bordeaux trip. Hey, it's been a cold, rainy week.

I'm with you.   Price doesn't always determine how a wine will taste.   As much as I love wine, I don't think I'd appreciate it - I'd be too worried that I wouldn't like and I would have wasted it.  I did have a glass of a very good $250 from Piedmont from another owner.  

Be sure you give enough time to go to the Cite du Vin in Bordeaux!  I thought it was extremely good with all the education and interactive exhibits.  I spent the good part of an afternoon in there.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The Bordeaux (3liter) we opened for my bday was superb!  5 of us made a big inroad into I!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1