for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Kat, you’re sending us your snow!  Several years ago we were driving to CA from CO. Of course we stop at all the NPs along the way. We arrived at Bryce after driving all day (gorgeous day, 72 bright sun) we decided to rest & go into the park in the morning. You know the outcome. We woke up early the next morning & there was over a foot of snow!!  What the heck, we were driving a Jeep (with a granny gear). Off to the park, Ranger looked at our tags & burly Jeep , grinned & said have fun. It was a fabulous day with amazing photos. Red rocks, white snow & bluebird sky. 

I'm ready for spring. Our steel topped gazebo was delivered yesterday, all 600 lbs of it. We were going to install on Saturday, but we’ll have too much snow, so next weekend. Melody

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Yes, I do have a solar USB charger.  I just want everything charged and ready to go since I'm getting down there probably around 6pm or so.  Not much sun left then.  I also have a car battery/USB charge - it's a nice little package.  All my lighting is USB.  It worked well 2 years ago when I was on the road for those 2 weeks.  And, I was charging my iPhone and iPod, too.  Now, I have my Apple Watch to add into th mix.  

Sherri - have a wonderful time in the DR.  I'd take one pair of capris - you may want to go horseback riding and I'm not sure a sundress would work 😉

It's been snowing all day long.  I think my driveway is up to about a foot of snow.  And, I just had the last bit melt off the driveway...  

Well, if I thought there was any possible chance of me going horseback riding I’d take a pair of jeans but I haven’t been on a horse since my college days and I swore after my last experience it would never happen again. 😂😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Sherri, I go back further than that...........I think I went horseback riding at day camp😲. I never went again........my memory tells me the "leader left me in the back of the group" and I was scared to death.

I am not a horse person.

• Like 1

Well, trying to find out more information about my cruise........the cruise price is a bit high but I can do it but it is the airfare that might be an issue😲

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Well, if I thought there was any possible chance of me going horseback riding I’d take a pair of jeans but I haven’t been on a horse since my college days and I swore after my last experience it would never happen again. 😂😂

Sherri🙂

I was thinking of all the ads for the AI resorts - lots of people riding horses in the water!  

When I was in college eons ago, I was a Girl Scout camp counselor.  I got to be a counselor for the one week horse camp experience.  It was so much fun - got to do everything the girls did.  I think I rode only a handful of times since then.  But, can't imagine riding in anything other than with some pants!!!

Well, we're down to the final stretch in the trial.  Closing arguments and deliberations start on Monday.  Lots of praying is going to happen...

It was a pretty good size snow we had all day/night.  The plow came through twice - pretty unique.  Lots of accidents yesterday with the snow - it was thick and slippery.  Glad I just stayed home.

OOTD:  joggers and a Tshirt.  Not going anyplace.

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I saw that..........you have to wonder how long it will take the jury to come to an answer. The judge told them to pack for a long time but hope for a short time. They are going to be sequestered for the deliberations.  

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Sherri, I go back further than that...........I think I went horseback riding at day camp😲. I never went again........my memory tells me the "leader left me in the back of the group" and I was scared to death.

I am not a horse person.

My experience was with a horse named Daisy who did not want to go on the ride in the first place but when she saw she was almost home, she took off like we were running the Kentucky Derby.  There was a fence in her way, everyone, including me, thought we were going to jump it.  Daisy decided against this last second, she stopped, I did not.  Fortunately, I landed on my bottom in a soft, squishy patch of mud.  I was not hurt, just really sore for a few days.  That was my last time to ride a horse.😂

Sherti🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, trying to find out more information about my cruise........the cruise price is a bit high but I can do it but it is the airfare that might be an issue😲

Lois look at air prices thru the cruiseline. We’ve found them to be wonderful, especially overseas

Hi Melody, I booked through the cruiseline😃 and booked my cruise today too. Going in July!  I am sure it will be different but I don't care!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Woo-hoo, congrats!

What's your itinerary?

Good morning, thanks so much🙂 I am sure it will be different from a "normal cruise" but I plan on having a good time.

Itinerary is leaves from Athens:

Syros

Paros

Patmos

Rhodes

Limassol

Heraklion

Mykonos

With 2 sea days in there........

10 nights plus I am flying over a day early. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, thanks so much🙂 I am sure it will be different from a "normal cruise" but I plan on having a good time.

Itinerary is leaves from Athens:

Syros

Paros

Patmos

Rhodes

Limassol

Heraklion

Mykonos

With 2 sea days in there........

10 nights plus I am flying over a day early. 

Wow, sounds great!  I've not been to Syros or Paros but have visited the others if you have any questions. You know I love talking travel. 😊

Still snowing here, too Melody.  So, be prepared for more.

Lois - congrats on stepping out and booking that cruise!  It sounds exciting.   I'm jealous 😉

AI - I went to Club Med Cancun with 2 girlfriends back in 1984.  It was fun!  Learned to windsurf there.  Good food, good booze (you bought bead necklaces and paid for non-well drinks with the beads).  It was very international - met lots of people from different European countries.  Back in the day, I guess Club Meds were the place to go.  They were the only AI's I ever heard about.  Now, there are all kinds of them available, set for singles to couples to families, from basic to luxury.  

OOTD:  different joggers, different Tshirt.  I ran out to get a latte and a scone this morning, so I added a baseball hat and  my red Patagonia jacket to the ensemble.  I do have to run into town later to pick up a med refill, so I'll just keep this for the day.  It's a crappy day outside so I won't be doing anything else requiring me to leave the house.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, sounds great!  I've not been to Syros or Paros but have visited the others if you have any questions. You know I love talking travel. 😊

Hi Cynthia🙂, thanks so much. Normally I would ask but one of the differences with this cruise is the excursions will be through the cruise line.  I know many folks only want to be able to tour independently but right now that is not happening.  It is ok with me because I go with the ship quite often. Plus, because it is a smaller ship there are not so many folks on their tours. That might be different now since it is only ship sponsored stuff but I am not sailing all the way to Greece to not visit the ports😃

• Like 2

Kat, I went to an AI back in the mid 90s....I went to Playa Del Carmen on my own.  It was certainly much different than a cruise that is for sure.  When I cruise, it is so easy to meet other folks.....at the AI, you could meet people but it just was not the the same vibe. People kept to themselves more........not sure what is offered for solo guests nowadays though.

Lois, congrats on pulling the trigger on your cruise, woo hoo!

Melody, the snow, yikes, we just got back from walking to dinner wearing shorts, ;)  hope you warm up soon, but it's so pretty!

Kat, same thing, can't  it's snowing there!

DH & SIL both just now (like 10 minutes ago) got the call that they are in the booster study.... DH gets his booster on Wednesday....  followed by lots of blood draws but we are pros now. Sounds like I will get one too, but in about 4 months :)

• Like 1

I may be out of touch for a few days due to lack of Interrnet access...

I had to laugh as I was packing my Sportage - I kept looking and deciding something to put something else in the back.  It looks like I'm going for a month and not 4 days.  Now I know how people who drive to port can take so much stuff.   I'll be 3 days setting everything up and then I'll have to start taking it down!!! I'll take a couple of photos of what I end up with at my campsite.  I think I have the right amount of food and I've got my bottle of Rosè for my evening drink.  If I run out, it's a quick run into town for supplies. 

OOTD:  Well, I've got a 6 hour drive tomorrow and a change of temperature of about 30 degrees.  So, it'll be leggings and my big tie dye sweater to start and end up in the leggings and Tshirt.  

Have a good few days!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I had to laugh as I was packing my Sportage - I kept looking and deciding something to put something else in the back.  It looks like I'm going for a month and not 4 days.  Now I know how people who drive to port can take so much stuff.   I'll be 3 days setting everything up and then I'll have to start taking it down!!! I'll take a couple of photos of what I end up with at my campsite.  I think I have the right amount of food and I've got my bottle of Rosè for my evening drink.  If I run out, it's a quick run into town for supplies. 

OOTD:  Well, I've got a 6 hour drive tomorrow and a change of temperature of about 30 degrees.  So, it'll be leggings and my big tie dye sweater to start and end up in the leggings and Tshirt.  

Have a good few days!!

Hope you have a grand adventure; look forward to hearing about it (and seeing the pics!)

15 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Have a good few days!!

Kat, have fun & stay safe, & enjoy that Rose :)