for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

We had everyone over for brunch today. What can be wrong with a day that begins with mimosas, eggs, bacon & homemade cinnamon coffee cake & fabulous yogurt parfaits!  Here’s our guys

3D2035E9-6015-43CD-8E0A-5314CA399C0F.jpeg

1EE4DF52-60CC-4629-9AF1-0631C8A209B5.jpeg

D4E92975-728E-489F-9F04-6187D2B80C01.jpeg

04FE46C3-3C5B-4B8F-99A1-5FD5349BE337.jpeg

25EF4320-10D9-4340-A36D-4CAF9103CFD1.jpeg

E235051C-3163-4CF9-A9E1-351C244931F4.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice pictures, Melody, and welcome back!

Kat, sounds like you had a great trip!  Very nice to be able to travel each year with a group of friends!

Lois, thanks for posting such a lovely sentiment for Father’s Day.  My Dad will be 87 in September, still lives by himself, does all of his yard work and golfs 6 days a week, weather permitting.  The two of us argue like crazy but that is how our relationship has always worked.😂

Debbie, sounds like you are working very hard!  We have decided to take on a similar project.  We are in the process of purchasing a condo on the beach about 2 miles north of where our current townhome is. It is in pretty good shape but will need updating in bathrooms and kitchen.  I think we will completely redo the master bath, then just replace vanity and fixtures in guest bath. Kitchen will need a minimum of new counter top and backsplash but husband is already talking about replacing cabinets.  Seems like a lot of work for the two of us, we’ve done it before but we were a lot younger then!

Two of our grandkids are here for three weeks so we will be busy, busy but this is so much better than a year ago!

OOTD:  With our grand daughter the fashionista here, I have to step up my game.  I will be wearing a blue sundress and sparkly flip flops.  Earrings and makeup will also be part of the ensemble. 😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

OOTD:  With our grand daughter the fashionista here, I have to step up my game.  I will be wearing a blue sundress and sparkly flip flops.  Earrings and makeup will also be part of the ensemble. 😂

Earrings and make-up -- whoo-hoo. That be fancy talk!!  🤣

In seriousness, how fun to spend time with the grandkids. Better than last year for sure!

• Haha 1

Earrings and sparkly sandals - WAAAY formal!!! 😉    I can verify that second ear holes do not totally close off after months of not wearing the 2nd pair.  I stopped wearing my 2nd hole studs when I was losing them wearing masks - I would pop them I guess when I'd take off the mask.  Well, I decided to wear them again on my trip and my rainbow studs slipped right in the holes and staed intact!  

Cruisemom - I hope you made it through what part of the tropical storm/depression you got.   We're still in Red Flag warning status for heat, winds, low humidity.  It smells like smoke, but it's all from down Southern Utah.  

Our neighborhood Dumpster Day is Saturday.  I'm spending the week trying to get some junk bagged up and ready to toss.   As soon as I hear those bins drop on the street, I've got to get out there - usually they are full within about 3 hours!!!   Saves on driving out to the County Landfill and paying to dump.  

Out to see my dental hygenist and dentist today.  Just my routine cleaning/checkup.  They are down in Salt Lake, so it's going to be HOT.   OOTD:  Aqua colored Cotopaxi sleeveless tank top, Athleta Trekkie North short (ecru color).  Hair is going to be in a ponytail to keep off my neck, but no baseball hat.  

• Like 1

Happy Monday 🙂   

Sherri, are you planning on keeping the townhome project or selling it?  Either way, good luck!  I hear you on it being easier when younger, I feel like we are getting less done than we would have 10 years ago...  & enjoy your grandkid time together!

Kat, your trip sounds like it was wonderful, & exhausting 😉  good luck at dentist today!

Melody,  what a lovely family!  & how great that you are all getting together 🙂  I feel like I am failing in the work/family balance right now...  need to get this project behind us & spend more time with the kids & grandkids.  

Cynthia, sounds like you had some serious weather in your state, I hope all is well with you...  you mentioned buying more casual clothing since you will be mostly working from home... one thing I've noticed back at the office is that almost everyone is way more casual than they used to be...  I'm seeing way less of the sleeveless sheath dresses & heels. & a lot more flowy linen slacks with tanks & flat sandals, which is fine by me,  but a really big change. 

• Like 1

Hi girls, Sherri, have fun with the grand kids🙂 and congrats on the condo.

Friday morning I fly to Chicago😃......hoping it all goes smoothly......flying on AA and if you have followed any news they are cancelling LOTS of flights😲.........so far mine are still  place. I just hope they don't cancel them in the next 4 days....I will be checking every day.

Not packing very much for this trip.......2 pair of cargo pants for daytime. We are doing 2 private tours and also a cruise on the river😃......and jeans for night time.  The cargo pants are cotton/lightweight. Will wear one on the plane. I keep checking the weather and it says high 70s.....hoping it will be nice out side.

• Like 2

Lois - I loved the architectural river tour!  The history is very interesting.  Enjoy!  

I had to report back.  News flashes.  Now hear this:  

Best dental checkup in about a year.  I'm doing nothing different, but I'm thinking COVID had something to do with the last ones.  I had more sensitivity and bleeding before when cleaned; this time, no bleeding, and an easy scaling.  Even my dentist noticed a difference.

Went to REI and came out without a single purchase.  That has to be a first.  I did go to look at a camping rocking chair and a better cooler but I said I wasn't going to buy yet.  Really hard to not buy anything there.

There was a jackknifed semi truck on the road back up the mountain, so I figured I'd go hit Trader Joe's to burn some time.  I was soooo good - I got out of here for $39!!!  Between the time at REI and TJ's, I was able to wait out the shutdown and have smooth driving back up home.  

And, it's maybe 10 degrees cooler - only low 90s down in Salt Lake instead of the 100s.    I'll call this an all-around good day!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Friday morning I fly to Chicago😃......hoping it all goes smoothly......flying on AA and if you have followed any news they are cancelling LOTS of flights😲.........so far mine are still  place. I just hope they don't cancel them in the next 4 days....I will be checking every day.

Not packing very much for this trip.......2 pair of cargo pants for daytime. We are doing 2 private tours and also a cruise on the river😃......and jeans for night time.  The cargo pants are cotton/lightweight. Will wear one on the plane. I keep checking the weather and it says high 70s.....hoping it will be nice out side.

Hi Lois!  How exciting to be packing for a trip 😄 & it includes a cruise! (of sorts)  Kat,  I also did the Architectural River cruise there a few years back.. DH was there for work, & I tagged along & did some solo sightseeing, it was wonderful 🙂   

What you are packing sounds perfect for what you're doing there & the weather...  & it will help get you primed to pack for your upcoming Greece cruise 🙂

Edit to add:  fingers crossed that your flight is not affected 🙂

Edited by cruise kitty
add
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

Try to do carryon only, if your flight gets canceled/redirected you have a much better chance of catching a different flight with carryon

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Try to do carryon only, if your flight gets canceled/redirected you have a much better chance of catching a different flight with carryon

Hi Melody, Oh...I thought I mentioned that..maybe not.  I am traveling with a carry on....only going away for 3.5 days. I would never take a checked bag on such a short trip.  Not taking much, the cargo pants.....maybe 2 pair of pants for night time...a few tops....sleepwear, undergarments, wearing one pair of shoes and will take walking shoes for the tours.  No need for a big bag (for me anyway).

The shoes I am wearing? A pair of loafers that will go with my night time outfits too.  I will change shoes after I get to the hotel since we will be doing a tour on Friday afternoon.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2021 at 2:27 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Lois, HAVE FUN on your trip. It must seem like forever since we've been able to travel anywhere. Hope your flights remained in place..

I also really enjoyed that boat ride. Also the Art Institute and the Field Museum -- but then I am a museum gal!  And lots of great food in Chicago too... 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois, HAVE FUN on your trip. It must seem like forever since we've been able to travel anywhere. Hope your flights remained in place..

I also really enjoyed that boat ride. Also the Art Institute and the Field Museum -- but then I am a museum gal!  And lots of great food in Chicago too... 👍

Good morning Cynthia, thanks so much.  So when are you coming here to visit your folks?

And I have a Greece question for you......I guess I could post this over on that forum but I know you will see it here😃........we were just informed that  you no longer need to do "ship tours" and can go on your own.  I am doing some tours with the cruise line anyway but for Rhodes and Mykonos? I remember those are quite easy to do on your own----isn't that right?  It has been 9 years since I have been there😲 so I was hoping to pick your brain.😃

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning Cynthia, thanks so much.  So when are you coming here to visit your folks?

And I have a Greece question for you......I guess I could post this over on that forum but I know you will see it here😃........we were just informed that  you no longer need to do "ship tours" and can go on your own.  I am doing some tours with the cruise line anyway but for Rhodes and Mykonos? I remember those are quite easy to do on your own----isn't that right?  It has been 9 years since I have been there😲 so I was hoping to pick your brain.😃

Yes -- both Rhodes and Mykonos are quite easy to do on your own. 

In Mykonos if your ship tenders, you will be dropped off right in the midst of town. The best thing to do there is wander around, take photos, shop (window shopping or actual) and have a bite to eat at a restaurant with a view. There are some old Greek scenic windmills just past town that make for nice photos. As well as the fishing boats and the pink pelican (if he is still around....)

If your ship docks instead of tendering, there is a shuttle into town that costs a couple of euro. Definitely beats the long (and not very scenic) walk along the narrow road into town, with traffic whizzing by you.

In Rhodes it is even easier. You can see the closest of the old town gates from where your ship will dock. The two main things I actually did there (as opposed to just wandering) were the Grand Master's Palace and their old Hospital which is now the Archaeological museum -- both are worth the small admission. Also don't miss walking down the old Knight's street, where you can still see the fancy carved Coats of Arms on the fronts of the houses.

Here's a simple map to help you get your bearings:  https://www.rhodestaxitours.com/rhodes-on-your-own.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

So when are you coming here to visit your folks?

We'll be there a few days before and after the 4th of July. My mom is not doing very well at the moment so I'm kind of hesitant to try to schedule anything although it would be fun to have lunch or something. 

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

We'll be there a few days before and after the 4th of July. My mom is not doing very well at the moment so I'm kind of hesitant to try to schedule anything although it would be fun to have lunch or something. 

You still have my email?  I will be open if you want to do something last minute. I leave on July 6th.

Our Oct 2022 TA was just moved back a month. I can't take two+ weeks off in November--it's too busy at work. Now I have to find another cruise. 🙄 🤬 This is only cancellation #2 for us--I can't imagine how frustrating it is with multiple cancellations.

In other news, the weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days and I got off early enough to beat the president's motorcade home (I have to drive by the airport and he was in town this afternoon). I'm glad I miss the traffic, but it would have been kind of neat to see AF1 coming in for a landing.

OOTD: I'm on my third. In other words, a normal workday occurance.😷🩹🩸

• Like 2