for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, glad you’re home, you’ll rest better there. Gas can be a serious issue with robotic surgery, I had a similar issue with my hiatal hernia surgery.  Glad all is well now. Melody

Hi girls, still having some "gargling".........and I did have to take a pain pill last night. And I am happy I a have a bed with an adjustable base because it was much easier to get up with the head in an up position and it was easier to sleep that way too. It might not have been surgery like in the old days but it was still surgery.......I am very sore. 

• Like 3

Lois, you’ll likely be sore for a couple of days. Glad you have that bed, it makes a difference . A small pillow held against the abdomen when you’re moving around helps too

All alone again...  My co-worker left when I came in at 2pm - there was no good reason for me to be there earlier (no arrivals, no departures, quiet as all get-out here).  She did say that the nice guests who gave me the $200 tip left $150 for the team.  They were indeed nice folks.  I'm almost counting the hours left before the end of the season.  10 days of work for me between today and April 17.  I did a tenative counting of the hours I've worked this season to get an idea for what my bonus will be (#hours*1.5*$pay rate) I'll have enough to easily buy my new iPhone.   And I have enough saved up tips to pay for $800 worth of vacation fun.   Makes me want to come back and work another season next Winter!  

Another freakin' website popped up on my FB page and was tempting me with dresses - River & Sky.  The Brooklyn tie dye looks cute.  Maybe if I had an outdoor wedding to attend...  Could be fun for someone who wears dresses all summer long or on their Med cruises.  

OOTD:  jeans, lavender tank, light oatmeal Athleta wrap, hi-tops.   It's a little chilly/windy today, with maybe some rain.  But, I wanted to be a little Spring-like, so the tank.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi girls, sleeping is a real PITA.......it is very hard to turn on your side☹️.....and when you are a side sleeper it really takes its toll.  By the time I get up in the morning? It seems like I am more sore than I was when I went to bed😲.......I guess it is just going to take time to get better.. But who knew sleeping could be such a problem...........Melody, I think it is going to way more than just a couple of days.........

• Like 1

No wonder I am so sore, I just noticed another spot (which I had not noticed before) and it is about 3 inches long😳. So an incision was made as well as the 5 small ones. I have my first follow up Dr appt on Monday and hope she is pleased with the healing process.

I’m a side sleeper too Lois, I found a body pillow wedged on my sleep side worked well. Hope you start feeling better soon, you have the pain pills, use them. 

Hi Lois, sounds like comfortable sleeping is not possible just yet. I hope everything improves soon and that your post op results are good ones. I wonder if your bed will adjust to a more “sitting up position” and if that would allow more comfortable sleeping?

Hang in ther!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes the bed adjusts all the way up but sitting up all night is not the most comfortable either. Oh well, I guess I just didn't realize how much recovery from surgery changes things.

Lois - recovery sucks when you are a side or stomach sleeper.   The thing that saved me when I had my shoulder surgery was a recliner chair that I picked up on final sale at a furniture store.  For my leg surgery, I got a reclining bed backrest at I think Brookstone.  I hope you find something that works for you - even a body pillow would help.  And, if you need to, take those meds.

• Like 1

We leave tomorrow morning, 🤞🤞🤞 for no flight delays & negative tests Friday morning. Going to be able to see one of my best friends for 2 days in FLL. I’m as excited about that as I am the cruise, haven’t seen this couple since 2019 in Hawaii!!!  Luggage is packed, son is picking us up at 5am tomorrow. Stand by for pictures!!!!!  Melody

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

We leave tomorrow morning, 🤞🤞🤞 for no flight delays & negative tests Friday morning. Going to be able to see one of my best friends for 2 days in FLL. I’m as excited about that as I am the cruise, haven’t seen this couple since 2019 in Hawaii!!!  Luggage is packed, son is picking us up at 5am tomorrow. Stand by for pictures!!!!!  Melody

Hi Melody, good morning......I forgot, what cruise are you doing? Hope you have a great time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Bin Voyage, Melody! Wishing you safe travels and many memorable adventures. I too have forgotten which cruise this is and the itinerary. 

I read on the other board that you have changed up your clothing color choices. They sound perfect and certainly perfect for mix and match.

Sharon

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, yes.....I hope all is well with Debbie too.........Debbie, check in when you have a moment.🙂

I am still sore but I am guessing that is normal............I took a pain pill to sleep last night and I haven't had a very big appetite lately. I had a tuna sandwich on toast yesterday for lunch.....and not much of anything for dinner. I am not sure if constipation is also normal after surgery?.......but I haven't eaten much.........I was reading my discharge papers and so decided to take a laxative and hoping that will work in a few hours........the human body can be amazing but can be a PITA as well LOL

46 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, yes.....I hope all is well with Debbie too.........Debbie, check in when you have a moment.🙂

I am still sore but I am guessing that is normal............I took a pain pill to sleep last night and I haven't had a very big appetite lately. I had a tuna sandwich on toast yesterday for lunch.....and not much of anything for dinner. I am not sure if constipation is also normal after surgery?.......but I haven't eaten much.........I was reading my discharge papers and so decided to take a laxative and hoping that will work in a few hours........the human body can be amazing but can be a PITA as well LOL

Yes, constipation is very normal after surgery! --- even though it was robotic, your intestines don't get put back into their former position & it takes a while for that to sort itself out + pain meds & inactivity add to it.  Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, too -- that'll help.  (former RN here).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Yes, constipation is very normal after surgery! --- even though it was robotic, your intestines don't get put back into their former position & it takes a while for that to sort itself out + pain meds & inactivity add to it.  Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, too -- that'll help.  (former RN here).

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it very much. I have been drinking plenty of water.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, good morning......I forgot, what cruise are you doing? Hope you have a great time.

Celebrity Reflection, 9 night (2 nights in FLL) Eastern Caribbean

7 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Current RN agrees and adds in easy activity as tolerated. No marathons!  Narcotics can also cause constipation.

• Like 1

Have a relaxing cruise Melody!  Get away from our wacka-wacka Spring weather!!

I had my 3-month checkup with my NP.  Brought my A1C down some, but still have a little to go.  I did drop the weight I gained.  My blood pressure was better than "normal" - 112/74.  She still threatened me with putting me on insulin, but I'm not going there.  She said she'd give me until I get back from vacation to get the A1C down to where I had it.  She said nothing about my mammogram.  She did ask what I did to lose the weight  - I said nothing special, just go back go work.  Not sure why I stay with her.  

On Tuesday, I said "goodbye for now" to one of my favorite owners.  She said she always liked my "style" of dress at work.  I had to chuckle because I call it my "slacker, old hippie lady" style.  But, she said it fit my personality and always looked put together. A little bit of validation for my unique style.  It made me feel better about taking my "style" over to Europe. 

OOTD:  off work again today, so leggings and a sweatshirt when I go to the store to get my groceries.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi girls, just another thank you to all of you. Looks like my system is finally starting to get back to normal. 

Hoping Melody is having a good trip.

Debbie, are you doing ok?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 4