for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I finally gave in to my primary care doc and did my first colonoscopy. I'm 59 and considered high risk, though I didn't know it (two of Mom's siblings had colon cancer, but one was a heavy smoker and the other lived with a heavy smoker). The doc took five polyps and they're all benign, but I have to repeat in three years. 

The prep wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I can't say I'm looking forward to doing it again. 🙄

I'm spending the week burning use-it-or-lose-it vacation time. I'll still have about 20 or so hours to burn after this week. I feel a sick coming on. Cough, cough. I've hung up a bunch of things that have been leaning on walls and am tackling some sewing tomorrow. I hope. I may continue to sit on my @$$ and conserve energy for the crazy end of year at work. It's also turned chilly (not as cold as some of you) and I'm struggling with the abrupt change from shorts and tees to long pants and sweatshirts. 

• Like 2

Purple, glad you had your colonoscopy. The prep is the worst part. 

Doc wanted to do my foot surgery before the end of the year, I told him save those times for those who have to do it then. I don’t have an annual deductible so do mine sometime in January. I think his surgery scheduler likes me 😉

enjoy your time off. Melody

• Like 1

Good morning to all!  Great news:  as of noon yesterday,  kitchen is done!  We are still waiting on delivery of two doors that were damaged during shipment and one of the glass panels that  cracked during installation, but otherwise, done!    I spent yesterday afternoon putting it all together and I am pretty pleased with the results.   My husband is wanting to get started on the master and guest bathrooms but I want to wait awhile as I am tired of all the chaos.   Maybe I will feel different after the first of the year.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

Sherri, lovely kitchen. I really like the layout & colors. Melody

our bathroom still needs a vanity & sink but we’re waiting until we get back from our cruise. I don’t want anything arriving when we’re not home. 

@sjb317  Wow, looks great AND has an ocean view!  Congrats on getting it completed and enjoy!!!

@PurpleHays  Good to hear from you again. Was wondering what you'd been up to. Is the run-up to Christmas a super busy time for you work-wise?

@awhfy  Been meaning to ask how you like the OOfos. I was thinking about getting some slides or clogs for wearing around the condo. Even though I have hardwoods, they are on a cement subfloor and "give" less than I am used to in my house -- makes my knees ache.  

• Like 2

Welcome back Purple!  Hadn't heard from you for awhile.  "Congrats" on the colonoscopy.  None of us like it, but we have to do it.  

Sherri - congrats on the kitchen completion!  Nice and bright and makes the small kitchen look much bigger.  

Started feeling a sore throat coming on last evening.  It's here now.  Feel lousy.  No fever, though.  I'm going to put off the Ikea trip until maybe Sunday.  I'll just hunker down, drink hot tea and honey, and have some of my Panettone.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind comments!  The picture makes the kitchen look darker than it really is.  My favorite part will always be the ocean view!

The other end opposite the sink:image.thumb.jpeg.f1d6013654b6de3d5ed748dd045d373e.jpeg 

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, sjb317 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0a4d9c7c859bdc883abc10e791f5e57a.jpeg

If you were to take away the windows and the overhead cabinets from the sink and put a wall from the end of the sink counter all the way across the kitchen, you'd have my kitchen.  Right down to that diagonal cupboard by the stove - it's where my pots go!  Right now, my butcher table is used as my pantry.  I sure would like that extra space!!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

@sjb317  Wow, looks great AND has an ocean view!  Congrats on getting it completed and enjoy!!!

@PurpleHays  Good to hear from you again. Was wondering what you'd been up to. Is the run-up to Christmas a super busy time for you work-wise?

@awhfy  Been meaning to ask how you like the OOfos. I was thinking about getting some slides or clogs for wearing around the condo. Even though I have hardwoods, they are on a cement subfloor and "give" less than I am used to in my house -- makes my knees ache.  

I love my OOFOS. Superbly comfortable. I have these shoes (should’ve bought 2 pair), flip flops & clogs. They are actually the only comfy shoe I have for my foot

• Thanks 1

Hi PH, glad the Colonoscopy went well and I agree it is good to see you again😀

Well, I have felt BLAAAAA all day today and I think it might be from that 2nd Shingles shot. I don't feel sick (no fever thankfully) but no appetite at all and slept for most of the entire day. I had a yogurt for breakfast and nothing else all day and

don't even feel hungry. 

I do love my lazy boy, was napping from it on and off all day long.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi PH, glad the Colonoscopy went well and I agree it is good to see you again😀

Well, I have felt BLAAAAA all day today and I think it might be from that 2nd Shingles shot. I don't feel sick (no fever thankfully) but no appetite at all and slept for most of the entire day. I had a yogurt for breakfast and nothing else all day and

don't even feel hungry. 

I do love my lazy boy, was napping from it on and off all day long.

That’s from the shot, glad you’ve had a fairly mild reaction

Lois - good to know feel better today.  I'll be sure to schedule my vax #2 when I have 2 days off!

Still feeling lousy today.  Just in case, I did a COVID test - negative.  I'll couch surf some more today.  I couldn't go down to the valley today, anyway - they are closing the Interstate every hour in the canyon so they can do blasting at the quarry that's next to the Interstate.  

In case anyone is in the market for another travel bag - Sherpani is having their Black Friday sale with some decent prices on totes, crossbodies, rollers.  

It was nice and officially cold this morning -  minus 1 at 8am.  Ugh.  I guess it's offically leggings time!  Hanging out today in some Athleta joggers and a Tshirt.  Not going anywhere, don't care. 

• Like 1

I forgot:  if anyone sees a Med cruise for May 2023 that has a good single price during the Black Friday sales, let me know please. My brain just can't let go of another trip.    I finish my season up here the end of April so May 1 is the earliest I can get out of here.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, my heart goes out to all the victims and their families in that horrific Colorado Springs shooting overnight😢 when will all this hate ever end?

It's so terrible that these events keep happening.

I think Colorado's governor said it well, calling the event "“horrific, sickening and devastating”.

• Like 1

It is just so heartbreaking that this still happens and things that could possibly help curb these events go unused.  Between the 3 UVA students murdered  and now the murders in Colorado Springs, I just am so sick.  

I feel like some of the stuff the dogs leave on my front lawn.  Ugh.  And, some elephant came here and is now sitting on my chest.  Coughing like crazy.  My voice has lowered from it's usual alto to a baritone, when I can even talk.  Definitely going to be drinking tea and broth and couchsurfing again.  Fortunately no snow in the forecast so I don't have to worry about shoveling.  I went to bed at 8 last night and slept straight through to 8 this morning.  Feel like napping is going be the big activity today.  

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It's so terrible that these events keep happening.

I think Colorado's governor said it well, calling the event "“horrific, sickening and devastating”.

He is correct and don't forget the 4 Idaho students as well. 

13 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Kat, I hope you feel better soon!

I agree with all of you regarding the violence that keeps occurring over and over, what the heck is wrong with us?  

Sherri😞

Hi Sherri, lots of crazy people who have a lot of hate inside them☹️

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Melody, my heart goes out to all the victims and their families in that horrific Colorado Springs shooting overnight😢 when will all this hate ever end?

We live about a mile from this absolute tragedy