Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

15 hours ago, hcat said:

Wouldn't the insurance cover cancellation due to health reason if a family member?

We cancelled  a cruise after final payment when our dtr  needed bc surgery on short notice.  She was an adult but had no one to help care for her or take her to and from hospital. (Insurer first said it was pre existing, yeah as is all cancer til  newly discovered!)

I doubt it--she is only 9 months old and her parents will be providing all of her care once home from the hospital. None of them were booked on the cruise. We are just emotional support and helping out with other kids as needed. I didn't think I would be "in the mood" to cruise worrying about her at home. I'm happy with the 100% FCC (would be a stretch to use 125%)--we are spreading it over 2 cruises as it is. Fingers crossed they will apply our Vacation Protection Plan to those cruises.

16 hours ago, BoomerMan47 said:

Thanks for that phone number. However, we booked through a TA and it is my understanding that none of the cruise companies will talk to us customers if we booked that way. The stock answer is: Talk to your TA. Have a nice day. Click.

True?

Well, when I called the 844 418 6824 number, the first phone tree gave an option for travel agents. I have no idea if they give them any special consideration, but I assume that policy is to protect the travel agent's stake in the deal. Just another degree of complication. I hope your TA goes to bat for you.

On 6/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

... Hope all is well in beautiful PEI and that you are doing fine.  I still get shipments of chutney from that wonderful shop you took me to.  As well as their wonderful newsletter.

We have been very fortunate here on PEI with COVID only 27 cases all recovered no hospitalizations with no new cases for weeks. Just announced yesterday that we are opening an Atlantic Canada Provinces bubble on July 3.

Our 2020 tourist season is all but lost and The Prince Edward Island Preserves Company will appreciate your continued support. Very sad not to see any cruise ships in our Charlottetown Harbour this year.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

1 hour ago, Water babies said:

Well, when I called the 844 418 6824 number, the first phone tree gave an option for travel agents. I have no idea if they give them any special consideration, but I assume that policy is to protect the travel agent's stake in the deal. Just another degree of complication. I hope your TA goes to bat for you.

Thanks. I want to share a post by member Ourusualbeach in a different thread.  It is in reference to contacting our TA.  The spreadsheet information is very helpful.

Refer them to the CWC policy on Celebrity Commitment. Unfortunately thee big box TA's are dealing with dozens of cruise lines and other vacation options and don't know the policies as well as travel agents who specialize in one or two cruise lines.

Here is the link to the quick FAQ sheet.  L&S is an option

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/ITK/CEL_GSS_CWC_OverviewGrid_June_22.pdf

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just got my FCC for my cancelled 7/19/20 Summit cruise. Weirdly that took less time than the taxes/fees/grats refund (and some shore excursions from other cruises - one of them was refunded but none of the others I'd cancelled). So we'll see how long that takes.

Amazing.  I'm still waiting for my FCC from May 9.

24 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

😞 I'm so sorry!! I was honestly not expecting it this soon. The cancellation email indicated after the end of June for that - but 30 days for the taxes/fees (which is right about now...if you take away weekends).

I hope yours comes soon!!

7 hours ago, Water babies said:

I doubt it--she is only 9 months old and her parents will be providing all of her care once home from the hospital. None of them were booked on the cruise. We are just emotional support and helping out with other kids as needed. I didn't think I would be "in the mood" to cruise worrying about her at home. I'm happy with the 100% FCC (would be a stretch to use 125%)--we are spreading it over 2 cruises as it is. Fingers crossed they will apply our Vacation Protection Plan to those cruises.

Agree ins would not apply.

And would want to be close by.

I wish you and your family a  successful outcome! 

Still waiting for FCC (125%) on April 24 Reflection Transatlantic.  We used some of our "points" ($400 worth) from our Celebrity  credit card.  Does anyone know if the points will automatically be posted back to the credit card?   We have also heard nothing about the excursions booked with OBC.  I'm assuming we'll loose them. During a conversation 4 weeks ago with Celeb we were "in process" whatever that means.

Well, the mystery of part of excursions I'd cancelled but not gotten the refund yet is solved.

I cancelled them about 48 hours prior to X cancelling my Summit cruise. I didn't think I had any of them left on there, but wasn't sure how prepaid gratuities would work in terms of the 125% OBC for pre-cruise purchases - my TA said it would be refunded (still waiting ditto port fees/taxes). So I didn't fill out the form for 125% OBC. I guess last week I got an email reminding me about that option, so I figured 125% of 0 is 0 so might as well fill it out and IF the grats counted, I'd have some extra OBC for a future cruise.

Today I got the OBC certificate via email for an amount that equals the things I'd cancelled from the Summit plus 25% (and 75 cents). So making lemonade out of lemons - and not wanting to deal with trying to prove I'd cancelled them BEFORE the day they cancelled the cruise - I'm applying it to my 50th birthday cruise so I can do some of the more expensive excursions I was looking at!

Still a few outstanding excursions from other future cruises NOT cancelled I'm waiting on.

When I received FCC on 11 May for our 17 April transatlantic cruise on Silhouette I only received FCC based on the balance I had paid and the FCC I had used as part payment had not been reissued.

After several emails since I finally received an email yesterday to say that the FCC I had redeemed have been reissued with a valid to date of October next year, which was the original expiry date.

I've been posting on a different Roll Call but I thought I'd bring it to your attention on this Forum. Has anyone else run into the issue where the TA tells you that they will be providing a portion of the FCC for a canceled cruise. This has happened to me for the cancelled May 31 Eclipse Alaska cruise and the TA involved is one that many Celebrity cruisers use in NH. I am not happy for the TA to be involved with the FCC and I see nothing in the Celebrity documentation about TAs being involved. I've asked Celebrity to explain this and turn it around. I want the full FCC from Celebrity, not partially from the TA.

7 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I was told my my TA's rep that the FCCs I used as partial payment on my May 9 cruise would be re-issued with a December 31, 2021 date.  Haven't seen them yet.

When I received my FCC for the balance from Celebrity I replied to that email asking about the re-issuing of the FCC I had used for part-payment. It took an email exchange over several weeks with the Engagement team before they finally  confirmed they had been reactivated them. I think the October 2021 date is 2 years after they were issued, so is just their original expiry date. .

6 hours ago, FighterPilot said:

I've been posting on a different Roll Call but I thought I'd bring it to your attention on this Forum. Has anyone else run into the issue where the TA tells you that they will be providing a portion of the FCC for a canceled cruise. This has happened to me for the cancelled May 31 Eclipse Alaska cruise and the TA involved is one that many Celebrity cruisers use in NH. I am not happy for the TA to be involved with the FCC and I see nothing in the Celebrity documentation about TAs being involved. I've asked Celebrity to explain this and turn it around. I want the full FCC from Celebrity, not partially from the TA.

My FCC came from X not that TA, although they have been very helpful when X sent our FCC to someone else.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I’m waiting a similar amount of time, only longer. I requested my FCC at the beginning of April, nothing had appeared by the start of June, so I followed up again. 

Customer Service told me they had been incorrectly processed and that they would fix that, now three weeks later and still nothing. 

I was just coming in here to see have others had any issues. 

On 6/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, barb-ottawa said:

Here's my timeline for my March 23rd cruise:

March 13 - told travel agent to cancel our cruise and non-refundable airfare through CruiseAir. As directed by our travel insurance company, we refused any future credits.

March 14 - Celebrity announces our cruise is cancelled meaning we would have been eligible for a full refund. Travel Agent contacts Celebrity and was told by a Supervisor that since it was less than 12 hours between my cancellation and theirs, they would honor the refund for the cruise fare and set the refund in motion.

May 15 - after reading that many people are getting their refunds for cruises after mine (March 23), I called Celebrity and spoke to a pleasant customer service person who found my file, didn't understand why it was taking so long, but couldn't provide me with any information because I had booked through a travel agent. So I called my TA and she called Celebrity only to find that they had no record of their conversation agreeing to honor the refund. They were going to have to replay the recordings of their conversation to confirm it actually took place.

May 22 - the TA has heard nothing from Celebrity re the recordings so she sends an email to an upper level contact to plead for assistance.

May 27 - the TA receives confirmation from her upper level contact that I am indeed entitled to a full refund, the file has been corrected and he will expedite a refund.

June 2 - received a cheque in full for my travel insurance claim covering my non-refundable airfare and non-refundable hotel

June 10 - still nothing from Celebrity

Update - Finally received our cruise refund for our March 23rd sailing on June 25th except for $357.35. Still waiting for the rest.

I just got off the phone with Celebrity, I shockingly got through quickly!  And they verified everything that I was assuming it terms of refunds and FCC.  I was somewhat surprised to find out my flight had been cancelled on June 23rd though....  So that generated an automatic refund for me, which, according to them, I'll see within 1 to 2 billing cycles (30-60 days).  We shall see.

As for the FCC, once I get it, I'll apply it to my Oct. 2021 cruise.  Unlike many, it seems (to date) that things are processing smoothly for me so far. I'm not going to freak out if I don't get my FCC within the promised 45 days though.  However, I'm going to keep a very close eye out for that refund on my airfare.

Well the mystery just gets deeper and deeper with everything going on with mine.

On Thursday I had gotten my FCC for the cancelled 7/19 Summit cruise - even my TA was surprised I had gotten it already since I hadn't gotten the taxes/fees or prepaid gratuities back yet. Friday I got a OBC certificate for 125% of the excursions and one specialty meal - all of which I had cancelled before the cruise cancelled. Forwarded those onto my TA to apply to the respective cruises. (The OBC showed up in the one I wanted it applied to today.)

I still had several outstanding excursions from other cruises I had cancelled well over a month ago - I had ONE show up refunded in my account but none of the others.

So I decided to call today. I got a super nice agent on the phone and she looked first at the cancelled cruise and she said "How did you even get the FCC for that? I'm not even showing that it has processed!" I said "I don't know...I have the email..." She said that until it showed as cancelled in the system (it IS cancelled, but the way their system works) the refund on the taxes/fees and prepaid gratuities wouldn't happen. But she was completely flummoxed as to how I already had an FCC.  So I'll let that one lie for a little while.

We moved onto the excursions for other cruises I'd cancelled and she showed them locked in some kind of processing for long enough they looked stuck, so she got the information she needed and said she was going to manually push them through and she'll call me tomorrow to let me know where we are at that point. The weirdest thing is she was showing the one I thought had refunded as "processing" as well - I mean, it's possible I had something else for the same amount I had cancelled earlier and just don't remember.

So yeah... It looks like I've got an FCC that shouldn't exist yet and a future OBC that shouldn't exist yet, but clearly do.

Like I said, she was super sweet and as perplexed as I was. I think I won the award for weirdest situation she'd dealt with today. Haha! We'll see what tomorrow brings.