Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

1 minute ago, hcat said:

please post if anyone gets a refund!

I just called the Z line again concerning my cash refund promised on March 7th.  I spoke to the same guy who told me two weeks ago what the amount would be and that it would soon be processed.  Today.. "oh yeh, I ticked the wrong category and I'll send it to accounting and you should get it within two to three weeks"

Still no refund of taxes attached to the FCC which we received 4 days ago.  Why do I get the feeling that cash is being hoarded till the kitty runs dry?  And my TA.. sorry we're too busy to contact Celebrity for you nor even answer any questions unless you want to book a new cruise.....  Disasters seem to bring out the best and worst of people and organizations.  As the license plates in Quebec state: "Je me souviens".... I remember!

• Like 1

Argo..you are so correct.

When things are good..all runs well, lots of smiles and love,

But when we need the help...its " talk to the hand"

anyone with teenagers knows that saying!

57 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Looking around the other boards it seems that refunds are simply not happening quickly. Read on the Carnival board where a TA stated to a poster to expects refunds to take anywhere from 30-90 days. Read on the NCL board that 90 days is the expectation.

And the same on the Crystal board (along with the speculation on companies failing).  IMO It's just a matter of getting through tens of thousands of refunds and even the credit card companies may be backed up in showing the credits.

• Thanks 2

Nope, it's not the credit card companies that are backed up. My flight refund from Delta posted within 2 days of calling them to cancel. I'm approaching week 4 of waiting for my refund from Celebrity. High volumes or not, what concerns me is that I have not heard of a single person that has received a refund. Something isn't right 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Looking around the other boards it seems that refunds are simply not happening quickly. Read on the Carnival board where a TA stated to a poster to expects refunds to take anywhere from 30-90 days. Read on the NCL board that 90 days is the expectation.

I also read on the other boards, and one of them stated, that if you had a cruise in March you would be refunded at the end of April.  I did get an email 3/30, stating up to 14 business days for refund.  We shall see.  My cruise was canceled by them 3/14 and the cruise was for March 30.

3 hours ago, mchell810 said:

And the same on the Crystal board (along with the speculation on companies failing).  IMO It's just a matter of getting through tens of thousands of refunds and even the credit card companies may be backed up in showing the credits.

My cc company stated that once X sent the refund it would show as pending and I would see it. Also both of my cruises are still showing as active on the X website and we’re due to leave Monday. Maybe RCI and X should pull some of the reps making cold calls to get those with FCC’s to book future cruises and have them work on issuing refunds. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kafffy said:

Nope, it's not the credit card companies that are backed up. My flight refund from Delta posted within 2 days of calling them to cancel. I'm approaching week 4 of waiting for my refund from Celebrity. High volumes or not, what concerns me is that I have not heard of a single person that has received a refund. Something isn't right 

Definitely not the credit card companies.  JetBlue had to refund my ticket because they changed my flight to a different day.  !!!  Refund hit my AmEx account right away.

UPDATE:

Good news for us! Finally !

Wow....we filed our credit card dispute with BOA yesterday morning. This morning, Sunday,  we were shocked to see the refunds on our statement.  They are Celeb credits, not temp dispute credits. Amounts were correct!

Could have been a  big coincidence or good work by BOA!   Started to doubt if we'd get it back.  Either way we have our 50% refund for Summit plus fees and tax, and still have our fcc for the other 50% ( too bad we jumped too soon b/c the cruise was cancelled by X with 100% refund)

Hope our refund for  the APEX deposit shows up or we will file a dispute on Tues.

We will also be cancelling one more cruise for 2022 where X is holding a $900 dep

We are  hopeful for Jan 2021 Connie out of TPA.. so we can use up the fcc.  ( med note might be an issue) ?)  We might book a low refundable  deposit  cruise for later in 2021  that we can use  with the fcc if Jan 2021 falls through..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, hcat said:

UPDATE:

Wow....we filed our credit card dispute with BOA yesterday morning. This morning, Sunday,  we were shocked to see the refunds on our statement.  They are Celeb credits, not temp dispute credits. Amounts were correct!

Could have been a  big coincidence or good work by BOA!   Started to doubt if we'd get it back.  Either way we have our 50% refund for Summit plus fees and tax, and still have our fcc for the other 50% ( too bad we jumped too soon b/c the cruise was cancelled by X with 100% refund)

Hope our refund for  the APEX deposit shows up or we will file a dispute on Tues.

We will also be cancelling one more cruise for 2022 where X is holding a $900 dep

We are  hopeful for Jan 2021 Connie out of TPA.. so we can use up the fcc.  ( med note might be an issue) ?)  We might book a low refundable  deposit  cruise for later in 2021  that we can use  with the fcc if Jan 2021 falls through..

That's great! I also disputed with BOA yesterday but haven't received the refund back yet. I'm optimistic that I'll be seeing it soon for our cancelled Edge 03/29 cruise.  

46 minutes ago, hcat said:

UPDATE:

Could have been a  big coincidence or good work by BOA!   

We filed our dispute with BOA about 5 minutes after you.  Also hit our credit card this morning.👍

So I think it's good work by BOA and not a coincidence.😀  Yippeee!

• Like 1

As of this morning, we have been refunded everything back!

We cancelled on the 15th of March. So 3 weeks for us to get everything back. Our sail date was the 2nd of May.

We received our cruise credit vouchers last Monday, 30th of March. But the figures didn’t total to what we were expecting back as told by the rep when we cancelled on the 15th of March. 

I gave them a call on Wednesday gone. Rep told me that the voucher amount was correct and it was the cruise fare minus the port taxes which would be refunded to our card. I then explained that the figure we were told  when we originally cancelled was the fare minus the port taxes and this voucher amount is taken something else off and leaving us short. It went back and forward about this difference for a while. She put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and still said the voucher amount was correct and everything else would be refunded to the cards including the difference between what we expected versus what we received. This wasn’t exactly what I wanted, I wanted to know what the difference was but she said we would get everything back to the cards. 

This morning on the cards (5th April), we received the refunds of the port taxes, excursions and extras booked on the planner, the hotels and this difference. 

It was only when I was looking back at my records this morning to make sure we got everything back, I realised the difference could be our original deposit paid as it’s the same amount.

That’s what I’m putting it down as but the rep couldn’t tell me this on the phone. All in all we have all our monies back and have a new booking towards the end of the year but are waiting a while to allocate our credit and pay the balance to see what happens in the next few months. 

Edited by EmeraldCruiser19
  • Thanks 1

Nothing for me yet, no FCC or refund. Expecting 50% FCC & 50% Refund for May 11th cruise.

Cancelled March 9th (confirmation of cancellation received from TA on that date), cruise removed from the cruise planner 10th March.

Will report back, planning to wait one more week before contacting TA & if no success, I will file a dispute with my credit card too.

They were either catching  up or getting credit card co dispute inquiries.

Glad they are actually  making refunds!

I suspect the fcc certifs will be iffy through 2021.

Our sail date was the 1st April and not seen anything through yet. Interestingly on the FAQ site I note that it says ‘For guests of the UK, you will receive a refund for taxes, port and cruise fees within 14 business days. ‘ 

Needless to say, that hasn’t appeared yet either.

23 hours ago, Argo. said:

I just called the Z line again concerning my cash refund promised on March 7th.  I spoke to the same guy who told me two weeks ago what the amount would be and that it would soon be processed.  Today.. "oh yeh, I ticked the wrong category and I'll send it to accounting and you should get it within two to three weeks"

Still no refund of taxes attached to the FCC which we received 4 days ago.  Why do I get the feeling that cash is being hoarded till the kitty runs dry?  And my TA.. sorry we're too busy to contact Celebrity for you nor even answer any questions unless you want to book a new cruise.....  Disasters seem to bring out the best and worst of people and organizations.  As the license plates in Quebec state: "Je me souviens".... I remember!

We were told the same thing.  Cancelled on March 8th.  Got the FCC on March 16th.   After 5 calls - and being told 5 different things - I finally talked to "Susan" on April 1st.  She looked up our refund for air and taxes.  She said that it was coded wrong and she would fix it.  She told us that it would come back in several smaller amounts.  FINALLY TODAY - April 5th - I saw a partial refund for the taxes on the credit card.  We are still missing the airfare refund from Celebrity Air and the rest of the taxes from the cruise.  

We haven’t seen a penny yet. We were supposed to sail on March 14 and Celebrity cancelled it the late afternoon of March 13 once we were in Florida. I received an email on March 20 showing our dining reservations and excursions cancelled for one cabin, but we used OBC to pay so no refund. On April 2 I received the same for the other cabin we paid for on the same cruise, but so far that is it.

I don't post much but have been following this thread on refunds. I cancelled our cruise on March 11 more than a week and a half before final payment was due for a cruise in late June. Celebrity gave me the same story they are telling other people that it could take 1 to 2 billing cycles to get our refund. For those that believe that, its completely wrong. I'm very familiar with how the credit card interchange works. It only takes 1-3 business days for refunds to be posted through the interchange. These systems can handle billions of transactions a day. A few thousand refunds having to be processed by Celebrity would not be held up due to "backlog, etc.". People are naive if they believe that. I've called Celebrity 3 times to follow up on status of refund of our fully refundable deposit. Every time, I've been told its "processing". Which is just garbage. Celebrity is just sitting on everyone's cash since I know it only takes 1-3 days to really process. Finally today, we received $750 of our $1,350 refundable deposit. I called to ask where the remaining $600 was. I was told it was still processing. At this point I'm calling USAA to dispute the remainder of the charge. While we enjoy cruising, for us its not the only way we vacation. How Celebrity has handled this has left a bad taste. We won't be coming back. I believe there are many like us and Celebrity and other cruise lines are at real risk of customers not coming back not only due to fear of infection but also because of how they treated their customers. I for one don't make excuses for them because I know the systems can handle the volume. We don't live in the Flintstones age. It doesn't take many weeks to process refunds. Anyways, I just wanted to share we got partial refunds finally after 3+ weeks and it now appears we may have to fight for the remainder of our refund. Hopefully that is helpful to others.

• Like 5