P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

If you go to Liverpool I can recommend going to see the 'Iron Men' by Anthony Gormley on Crosby Beach and possibly the red squirrel nature reserve at Formby though there's no guarantee of seeing them! Liverpool around the Albert Dock area is great too.Have a lovely time and more photos please!

Thanks for the ideas.

Pauline always wanted to get a 

Ferry across the Mersey so we will see what we can do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Annie.

I'm really sorry to hear about your husband but pleased you had a wonderful time on the North Yorkshire Moors.

We often visit Whitby then pop along to see Heartbeat village(Goathland) on the way to Pickering and Malton.

Helmsley is also a lovely place to visit.

Graham.

We seriously thought about moving to Helmsley when I retired from full time work, then I got a part time job so we stayed in our village near York.

Now I'm fully retired but we are staying here, prices went crazy in the Yorkshire Moors area after Heartbeat.

Our favourite place for a pub lunch closed and is now a Fat Face shop.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A Chilly 17°C today on the NE coast.

15974142050566492564904472578413.jpg

IMG_20200814_145850.jpg

When Pauline posed for that photo Graham and you asked for "That chilled out look"

Looks like she was getting chilled :classic_wink: Hope you rewarded her to a nice warm drink:classic_smile:

• Like 3

Day 1 in the lockdown house.

Madrid airport was empty. Felt like we were on the last flights out for good. Only those with flight tickets allowed in the terminal and all the duty free shops etc closed except for a cafe.

The plane was over 90% full compared with 60% when we flew out. Everyone wearing masks throughout flight. It was the quickest turnaround I’ve ever experienced and we dodged the thunderstorms and M25 severe flooding too.

Unlike Madrid airport, no temperature checks or scanning of our QR code. I did see some people come unstuck when they couldn’t successfully use the auto passport barriers. They then had to stand in line for a UK border officer to allow entry, but they also asked to see the obligatory UK Entry form. The panic on some people’s faces was to behold.

What a disappointment coming through the last doors to the meet & greet area of the North Terminal. Having been used to seeing everyone wearing masks for the last week to then see so many not was quite a shock!

Kept myself busy today watching some six hours of last weekends F1 qualifying and race having avoided any news of the result.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’ve just been out to lunch, as it’s our 39th wedding anniversary tomorrow. It was fairly quiet, as it’s not an Eat Out to Help Out day, but we had a £15 voucher, so we did get a bit of a discount. 

Happy 39th wedding anniversary for tomorrow and trust you are looking forward to being engulfed in rubies next year.😃

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’ve just been out to lunch, as it’s our 39th wedding anniversary tomorrow. It was fairly quiet, as it’s not an Eat Out to Help Out day, but we had a £15 voucher, so we did get a bit of a discount. 

Hope you had a lovely lunch and hope you both  have a 

Happy 39th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

When Pauline posed for that photo Graham and you asked for "That chilled out look"

Looks like she was getting chilled :classic_wink: Hope you rewarded her to a nice warm drink:classic_smile:

We walked about 200 yards then turned around and went back to a warm car.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Happy anniversary for tomorrow 🎂🍾

• Like 1

Thanks for all the good wishes.

I can't believe it's 39 years already, where does time go.

Tomorrow, I'm going out with a couple of friends for afternoon tea.  It's to celebrate my 60th birthday, postponed from March. I will be 60yrs and 5 months tomorrow, so it seemed like a good day to do it.  I will bring back a doggie bag for my husband (if there's any left overs), and his anniversary treat will be an afternoon of peace and quiet ! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Congratulations on your 39th wedding anniversary to both of you . I  hope you have a relaxing day, and sending you a happy belated birthday wish.🎉🎂🎊

Avril 

The same best wishes from us two. If nothing else Covid 19 has made us grateful for the things we take for granted. Have a lovely day and a belated birthday celebration. x

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Happy Anniversary!

• Like 3