P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well it’s a balmy minus 3 here, it went down to minus 9 last night but we are as nothing compared to Braemar which went down to a record breaking minus 21!

One of the older neighbours has her vaccination today so a bunch of us dug out the drive and a track down the road a bit as we have had lots of snow this week (and more to come). The main roads are passable but you have to get out to them first.

I have no plans to go anywhere by car until this clears a bit. Nice to look at but not to drive in, if it can be avoided. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Take good care on roads Kalos - it's treacherous out there. Only another 24 hours and you're halfway to safety. Have a good day and take care of yourself. Best wishes. Jane.x

All done and back home. There was only me in the Dr's this morning and the roads were

clear as well, the longest job was de icing the car . Had two needles the first one got nothing

but the second one did. I knew the nurse and she said " I don't know Kalos, you don't like

parting with your blood do you? " I fully agreed with her and told her you want to think herself lucky it wasn't my money she was after.:classic_unsure: I mentioned that I was at the other centre for the jab tomorrow and she said see you there then as she was working there tomorrow as well .

You all take care and stay safe .:classic_smile: 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 10

Another bright morning here, albeit I would advise any brass monkeys to stay in, said on the news that it was the coldest reported night for 25 years. We have done our weekly th'Asda shop, I even had to fill the car up, I cant remember when I did it last but did notice it was 1.16/L, I am sure it was only just over a quid last time. Everyone was wearing their masks but surprising how many people didn't clean their trolley handles and gel their hands. All the fruit and veg aisles were full with a good selection so am assuming the import issues of a few weeks ago are easing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Me too Avril! I also have the "Mallen Streak" which I quite like but as for the rest  - growing out not down as you said, highlights need doing too. I feel a very large bill in the offing when I finally get an appointment! I don't hold out much hope for your 24th Feb appointment but I'll be delighted to be wrong. Jane.x

I too have a mallen streak. I have had it since being in my mid 20's, but it has never bothered me although I was dark. I do remember being  in a crowded McDonalds when my younger brother piped up "hey Sis you're going grey":classic_unsure: I have never coloured my hair and as I have become greyer over the years it has just blended in, I'm now more salt and pepper. I had an appointment to get it cut in the middle of January and it does now need cutting as my fringe is in my eyes.

Thank you to all of you that have wished my son a happy birthday, I won't see him. In fact I haven't seen him since just before Christmas. He's staying safe and is lucky enough to be working from home as well.

• Like 3

I’ve always coloured my hair myself, take after my Dad who started going grey in his 20’s! I did start letting the grey grow through in lockdown but it was depressing me! So I bought some dye from Amazon! It really needs a cut though, with my hair being naturally curly it’s getting rather wild!

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, clear blue sky here, no wind but feels very cold. Taking my mum food shopping to M & S today, wish we could travel to a larger store where there is a cafe as I like their coffee, hopefully in the weeks ahead.

How is everyone coping with no hairdressers open? I def need a haircut!! During the last lockdown I didn’t colour my hair band let the grey come through and then had it cut into a pixie cut/style. No need to worry about roots this time thankfully 

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

I am desperate for the hairdressers to reopen, I  am currently letting the white grow through but being blonde it is not too noticeable.  When I do manage to get it cut I have decided that I am going to get a pixie cut and let the colour grow out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am desperate for the hairdressers to reopen, I  am currently letting the white grow through but being blonde it is not too noticeable.  When I do manage to get it cut I have decided that I am going to get a pixie cut and let the colour grow out.

Image result for funny pixie cut cartoon

• Like 2

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Image result for funny pixie cut cartoonDuring lockdown one only I had short coloured brown hair which grew out to bob with brown ends and grey roots!! It looked awful but once it was cut into a pixie cut it looked fine grey and short. It’s the growing out but that’s hard and probably without the lockdown I wouldn’t have done it

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Me too Avril! I also have the "Mallen Streak" which I quite like but as for the rest  - growing out not down as you said, highlights need doing too. I feel a very large bill in the offing when I finally get an appointment! I don't hold out much hope for your 24th Feb appointment but I'll be delighted to be wrong. Jane.x

We have a moble hairdresser so I'm hoping for maybe a one person visitor allowed? but then again, probably not.

Avril

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

How is everyone coping with no hairdressers open? I def need a haircut!

I’m not coping at all. I usually have a very defined cut, now it could be defined as an overgrown bush.

I don’t use colour or products so at least I don’t have the “skunk” line that is becoming so prevalent on zoom calls.

I’m not particularly vain but I hate having unshaped, messy hair.

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have a moble hairdresser so I'm hoping for maybe a one person visitor allowed? but then again, probably not.

Avril

Any of the other solos out there wish they'd bubbled up with their hairdresser and not a family member?🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve always coloured my hair myself, take after my Dad who started going grey in his 20’s! I did start letting the grey grow through in lockdown but it was depressing me! So I bought some dye from Amazon! It really needs a cut though, with my hair being naturally curly it’s getting rather wild!

It is not colouring, Sue. Here it is described as my "deep conditioning treatment".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I bought a set of clippers.  Far cheaper! 🤣

OH bought some too and since then I’ve been cutting his hair. They’ve now more than paid for themselves and he reckons he won’t go back to the barbers.

Mine is a different matter entirely as it is very thick and I have it coloured as I have been going grey since my thirties. It’s now starting to get too long and my roots need doing, but at least as I’m blond it doesn’t show too much. Definitely looking forward to hairdressers reopening though! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Unless I've missed it, I don't think we've heard from Dave for a couple of days - Dave, if you're reading this, hope you're ok.

He could be just reading and not posting. I did that a time or two as it helps to read what everyone's up to even if you don't feel like posting. I hope that's all it is.

Avril

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I have a pixie cut too and it needs regular trims every 5-6 weeks so long overdue. Colour isn’t too bad as I’m blonde but I do like my highlights. 

Pixie cut here too, much easier to handle, at least it is when it has its regular 3 week trim. I sometimes wonder how I coped with waist length when I was in my teens😏

Avril

• Like 1