P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham.

I will not post anything health wise on this thread or have an opinion on anything ever again. I will be sticking to weather reports!!!

I don’t want to get jumped on by anyone!!

Michelle

Michelle.

Lots of health issues are mentioned on other threads so I guess we were unlucky.

I have had several health issues I posted over the last 2 years and got overwhelming support on here and Royal Caribbean forums which were a great comfort.

Graham.

• Like 7

Just to see if this subject is acceptable - I know a couple of you have holiday lodges in North Wales.  Reading about them reminded me of my youth (you all know it was ages ago) when we lived in Cheshire, and used to travel by train to the North Wales coast, where we rented one year a converted coach, and another a converted railway carriage, right by the beach in Talacre - near Prestatyn.  I was probably about 10, and loved it.  Mum and Dad and three of us.  Very cheap and cheerful, but fun.  Quite exotic to a child who lived in a 'normal' house.  Anyone else had similar holidays?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

There is a rather large red banner at the top of the page reminding us not to discuss individual circumstance's

Its a shame that some people ignored this, and thought they were above the terms and conditions which is shameful.

More than likely a reflection of their brash and forceful personality.

Again, I reach out to all my friends here and ask that we love each other.

Thanks

Your Friend Always

-Lynn

xxx

I have just speed read through the banner and cannot find anything that precludes discussion about individulal circumstances. 

As for your assertion that certain individuals thought they owned the thread and ignored the rules, All I can say is that it is generally those people who push at the boundaries who usually contribute most to our society, rather than those who meekly stay within the rules.

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Michelle, nothing you wrote caused the thread to be taken down. Don't beat yourself up.

Personally,  and being highly controversial,  I can do without the weather reports from all and sundry. 

I use my piece of seaweed hanging outside the front door to tell me what the weather is like.

Wowzz.

We Brits love talking about the weather, sport and cruising on here.

Personally I am quiet but could talk sport,holidays and cruising all night.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Thanks Graham.

I will not post anything health wise on this thread or have an opinion on anything ever again. I will be sticking to weather reports!!!

I don’t want to get jumped on by anyone!!

Michelle

There you go ,trying to get us all worked up ! :classic_love::classic_wink::classic_wink::classic_smile:

Must dash off to post the shipping forecast for Wowzz and his seaweed :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

was there not an admission ?

There is a big red banner at the top of the forum, letting us know what is allowed and not allowed  to be discussed.

Again, it was the few who assumed the thread was exclusive to their agenda, and the rules didn't apply to them.

I always have respected the rules.

Thanks

Your Friend Always

-Lynn

xxx

An admission from me?

I read about the no “you know what red banner” and not discussed or had an opinion.

We have discussed many personal health battles on here over the last two years and supported each other so as far as I was aware I was saying and discussing nothing wrong.

Michelle

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Hi Michelle,

I really don’t think you caused the thread to disappear.
I totally agree that apart from one or two posters who are just wind-up merchants then the old thread and it’s posters were a joy. To talk about and to support those whose family/friends who were unwell in my mind is not discussing the disease….. 

I naively assumed when the thread was created, the idea was to draw us all together to chat and see how everyone was doing (hence the thread name) because there was no cruising. 

Thinking about it now though, it was probably just to keep members posting regularly until cruising once again resumed.

Avril

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

An admission from me?

I read about the no “you know what red banner” and not discussed or had an opinion.

We have discussed many personal health battles on here over the last two years and supported each other so as far as I was aware I was saying and discussing nothing wrong.

Michelle

Nothing to do with you Michelle ,some posters like to agitate things or do blatant attacks 

like when Sue had the audacity to say her arm hurt after her jab ,same as others have said.

Like others I just scroll on by :classic_smile: Keep safe :classic_love:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have just speed read through the banner and cannot find anything that precludes discussion about individulal circumstances. 

As for your assertion that certain individuals thought they owned the thread and ignored the rules, All I can say is that it is generally those people who push at the boundaries who usually contribute most to our society, rather than those who meekly stay within the rules.

I didn't speed read John, I read through it carefully, 3 times, and couldn't see what we'd done wrong.

I know the rules were occasionally bent a little, as they are on the other threads, but we soon got ourselves back on track again. Such is life, we all stumble from time to time, but as adults we always bring ourselves back into line.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I observe that in reading 'USA' based topics they are a lot more argumentative and it appears they would not be tolerated over here yet they remain live over there!

Why was the topic removed? surely we can expect an explanation.

I have emailed CC to ask why,  no reply yet. 
Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

An admission from me?

Michelle

Please don't get upset Michelle, you did nothing wrong, and no-one should infer that you did.  We are all until going to be second guessing ourselves until someone steps up to the plate and simply explains what went wrong.

Avril

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Just back from the market.

Going to sit down and relax.

Nice to see some old friends back here again.

Your Friend all the time,

-Lynn

I find your posts fascinating, Lynn.  And intriguing.  Enigmatic, even.  I just hope they aren’t a contributory factor in the thread closure, but I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case, given that you’ve been so careful to adhere to the rules of the game………

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

I find your posts fascinating, Lynn.  And intriguing.  Enigmatic, even.  I just hope they aren’t a contributory factor in the thread closure, but I’m sure that wouldn’t be the case, given that you’ve been so careful to adhere to the rules of the game………

Where's Rodger when you need him ,we need balance :classic_wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought we we would have had an explanation by now too dave. Five pages in and the powers that be are conspicuous by their absence. 

Avril

I wonder if it was maybe deleted in error and they are now trying unsuccessfully to retrieve it……
Surely Sharon would have told us if it was being stopped…..

Gill

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Good Morning Pam. If you read the posts from earlier this morning, there appears to be an admission of a violation the terms and conditions from a member

There was no 'violation of terms and conditions' from anyone.

You merely interpreted the post entirely differently than everyone else and the way it was meant by the poster.

• Like 16

Just now, Adawn47 said:

There was no 'violation of terms and conditions' from anyone.

You merely interpreted the post entirely differently than everyone else and the way it was meant by the poster.

Well said Avril.

Someone is stirring !

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4