P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Italy and Switzerland are favourites of mine

I will never ever forget flying through the Alps and I mean through.   They were almost above us.  I was in a Lehr Jet .  It was magical.

Did I enjoy the champagne and chocolate strawberries...NO I was on a stretcher being flown home.  The plane was hired by a 'then' friend.   A wonderful man.   Now my OH!!  🤣 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning I hope every one is ok :classic_smile:

Having a chat with my Sister yesterday and she seems upbeat about everything and was 

singing the praises of online shopping more so Argos ,she thinks they are amazing ,she was 

thinking of getting a bouncy castle for the kids when all this nasty weather goes away .

She was just about to click buy, when suddenly there it was, ready built sat in her garden.

The kids are chuffed to bits with it :classic_wink: 

In the real world, today is nice and sunny here and hope it's good where you are :classic_smile:

Take care and have a good day :classic_love:

Argos....grrr. We purchased a plastic BBQ cover. Blooming thing didn't even survive 3 storms. Another £4.99 wasted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Overcast and still windy down here, but not blowing as strongly as it has been.

Nothing exciting planned for today.

Take care and stay safe.

Surf should be good at Porthmeor, if you need something to do.🤣

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yes, please do post on your travels.  Italy and Switzerland are favourites of mine and from childhood, I knew I would love Switzerland and so it was the first destination for a holiday with friends, aged 17.  I then did a brief chambermaid stint in a Swiss resort and have visited many times since.  DH often worked for long spells in various places in Italy and I would often join him there.  Cruising has been an ‘ages and stages’ activity for us, kicked off by wanting to see Alaska and the Fjords about 7 years ago.  We still do trips to Central Europe though (well pre-pandemic) just not as often, or for as long, so I’ll enjoy your journey with you if you keep us posted.

What a good idea. Lets have BrianVlog. Come on Brian, please.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

WELL I'VE GONE AND DONE IT !

One of the things life has taught me over the last two years [and just found out that, sadly, one of my friends has terminal liver cancer]

"if you want to do something,just do it." don't keep procrastinating

So on that basis, I've booked a holiday to LAS VEGAS! Always been on my bucket list so I'm going!

4 days in September [heard that will definitely be enough time!!!] I am beyond excited....... is it too early to pack ! Going on my own, hubby doesn't fancy it at all !

Just Japan left to go to visit bucket list wise, although plenty of other "things" on there.

WHAT'S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

"if you want to do something, just do it." don't keep procrastinating

So on that basis, I've booked a holiday to LAS VEGAS! Always been on my bucket list so I'm going!

Good for you, have a good time. Anything's possible with a "can do approach" :classic_smile:

740721029_doit.jpg.ec54023dec1fc9f61824cee88c05f8ba.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

My bucket list at present, having travelled a fair bit  over the years, is a very simple wish to be sitting in the warm sun on a lovely ship's open deck restaurant, with a stunning view, eating tempura prawns and drinking something white and chilled, probably Villa Maria sauv. blanc.  And with someone I am fond of.

Can I just ask, do you get a prize for the most posts in a day??

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

One of the things life has taught me over the last two years [and just found out that, sadly, one of my friends has terminal liver cancer]

4 days in September [heard that will definitely be enough time!!!] I am beyond excited....... is it too early to pack ! Going on my own, hubby doesn't fancy it at all !

Just Japan left to go to visit bucket list wise, although plenty of other "things" on there.

We did Vegas for one night many years ago on W coast USA coach tour, we deliberately chose only one night in Vegas because we thought we  would hate the place, but we both loved it and wished we had chosen to stay longer.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Don't gamble but loved the themed lobbies and the Bellagio buffet.Bucket list, Ankor Wat and Black sea cruise including Istanbul although that is a bit awkward at the mo.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Do we think p&o will follow suit? 
6409F2A2-8689-449B-8443-686534F1F435.thumb.png.2b0817abf919b9ee086fadb9f6e35682.png

The thing about this is that it talks of a CDC (Centre for Disease Control) decision and the CDC can only make decisions for ships using USA ports so UK sailings are not affected by CDC warnings.  We have to go with the UK government rules and/or EU rules depending on where the ship is sailing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The thing about this is that it talks of a CDC (Centre for Disease Control) decision and the CDC can only make decisions for ships using USA ports so UK sailings are not affected by CDC warnings.  We have to go with the UK government rules and/or EU rules depending on where the ship is sailing.

i know. I’m just thinking that if the main company does it and obviously after the covid restrictions in England gone then maybe this will follow. 

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Don't gamble but loved the themed lobbies and the Bellagio buffet.Bucket list, Ankor Wat and Black sea cruise including Istanbul although that is a bit awkward at the mo.

Yes, a shame - the Black Sea  is a wonderful cruise.  We did it with Swan Hellenic, which as you all know is or was  the 'intellectual' cruise line!   But ideal for that itinerary, because although the food etc. on the ship was quite good but not gourmet, the included excursions were brilliant, and they pretty much always had an early time to leave, or a slightly later one, (like 10 a.m.), much more civilised.  And always excellent guides.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

In his younger years my husband was a competition addict. Over the years he has won loads of good prizes, a car, holiday in Switzerland and many others but those were before we got together in 1995. In 1996/97 he won a four night trip to New York and soon after a week in Las Vegas. We stayed in the Excaliber in Vegas which was great. Included in the prize was a thousand dollars spending money. We didn’t  gamble an awful lot but he did buy me an engagement ring and we saw David Cassidy at the MGM. I don’t think we would have gone to Vegas but for this win but we loved every minute. He doesn’t enter them anymore as with the advent of the internet his wins got less and less.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

In his younger years my husband was a competition addict. Over the years he has won loads of good prizes, a car, holiday in Switzerland and many others but those were before we got together in 1995. In 1996/97 he won a four night trip to New York and soon after a week in Las Vegas. We stayed in the Excaliber in Vegas which was great. Included in the prize was a thousand dollars spending money. We didn’t  gamble an awful lot but he did buy me an engagement ring and we saw David Cassidy at the MGM. I don’t think we would have gone to Vegas but for this win but we loved every minute. He doesn’t enter them anymore as with the advent of the internet his wins got less and less.

We saw Michael Jackson with the Jackson 5 at the original MGM on our honeymoon in 1975.He was only 16 then and brilliant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

With Thursdays isolation removal in England I wonder if P&O sailings from Southampton will still do tests.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Yes, a shame - the Black Sea  is a wonderful cruise.  We did it with Swan Hellenic, which as you all know is or was  the 'intellectual' cruise line!   But ideal for that itinerary, because although the food etc. on the ship was quite good but not gourmet, the included excursions were brilliant, and they pretty much always had an early time to leave, or a slightly later one, (like 10 a.m.), much more civilised.  And always excellent guides.  

The new Ambassador cruiseline were doing a long one there from Tilbury this year.Will probably see Istanbul,Romania and Bulgaria on fly breaks maybe.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I don't want to quote the original post, so as not to upset those who have used the "bock" function, but I will be away all summer, starting next week, so will not be accepting visitors.

You could always leave the key under the flowerpot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7