P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The glass on the aft decks is lower.

This was the view from our deck 14 cabin.

The white roof cover over the sunset bar did not affect our view but deck 9,10 and 11 might be affected.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220320_093233_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20220316_081712.jpg

IMG_20220313_142430.jpg

IMG_20220306_074733.jpg

But that is a very long way away from the actual sea. I'd never photograph flying fish or turtles. Whales maybe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What's happened to the Sunday roast!!!!

Just been out for a short while (to lay some flowers in memory of a close relative) and on the way we passed McDonalds.  What a queue for drive in, and not one space in the car park.  People were parking in the Co-op and walking in and in Premier Inn car park too. The drive in queue was at least 100 yds long if not a lot more.

On the way back we felt we couldn't be meanies, and joined the party.  We just had a cheeseburger each with chips to share and a coffee. ☺️

Something else is intriguing me a bit.  Before lockdown (and before his retirement) weekends were busy in Brian's Club,  many people drove home, with a dedicated driver of course.  During the few months a year he had to close we always went out to somewhere with music on a Friday and Saturday.   Now it seems no-one ventures out in the evenings any more.  I live on a busy road (actually on the A2) but after about 9/10pm it's almost deserted.   Its a strange sight.  I wonder whether going out at in the evenings at weekends will be the norm again one day.

We have our Sunday roast where ever we are,lol.The stuffing looks like a cow pat but is lovely.Paxo mixed with local turkey and chicken sausage.1439779878_IMG_20220313_194308264259.thumb.jpg.d9c986bc3fb25714af31988f004bb92a.jpg

• Like 8

Well, today is the day that I say goodbye to you all.  I have enjoyed getting to know you, although it has not been in person.  I have decided that one of two of the newer members are not the peop!e that I would want to interact with.  I hope that I might meet some of you on board ships in the future.

Take care everyone and happy cruising.

Josy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Well, today is the day that I say goodbye to you all.  I have enjoyed getting to know you, although it has not been in person.  I have decided that one of two of the newer members are not the peop!e that I would want to interact with.  I hope that I might meet some of you on board ships in the future.

Josy

Josy where are you going ? Please don’t say you’re leaving us , I hope you’re just going on a cruise or holiday but please don’t leave because of others ,has something gone on that I have missed here? I’ve always loved your input and will be sorry to see you go but it is your decision and I respect that .

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

Thank you for all that you have done, happy cruising

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

That is sad news Josy. I am sure everyone will agree we have enjoyed getting to know you too. You could just not leave totally and just read our posts, you will miss Graham’s lovely food pictures.
Anyway, I respect your decision and thank you for all you have done. Take care

Michelle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

I'm also very sorry and surprised to read this, and perhaps you might reconsider after a much-deserved break that I know is coming very soon.

• Like 4

Josy

I’m sorry to read this, but I must have missed some posts as not seen any not so nice posts - in fact things have perked up since the charity discussions ceased from you know who.

We are missing a few excellent posters at the moment, but hopefully they will be back very soon.

Hope everyone ok and enjoy the sunshine this week.

• Like 15

A sad surprise to me too;  unless some posts have been removed it has been pretty well sweetness and light on here since you-know-who went.  Sorry you feel this way, Josy, maybe reconsider in light of these supportive posts?  There are so many different topics which come up, hopefully everyone has something to contribute.

• Like 10

Josy

I think that is a great shame Josy and you will be missed by us all. It will also weaken our Potteries contingent on here. I know exactly what you mean about a small number of posters but the block function the site provides at least reduces the effect they have on us all. If this really is goodbye, thanks for all your posts, especially the ones that gave an insight into your work as a volunteer for vaccination testing, at vaccination centres and the food bank. All the best to you and your family.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I can understand where Josy is coming from. I rarely post on this thread now. Social media can be toxic but the large majority on here seem nice people.

Just booked a second booster online, worth a look for the more mature among us !

I have just checked if I can have a second booster, apparently not. I have secondary progressive MS and can’t have one at the moment, hopefully rules may change in the future.

Hope your booster goes well bobstheboy and you have no side effects.

Michelle 

• Like 4

I have managed to book my spring booster for tomorrow -  I am well into the correct age group.  Sorry to read you can't have yours,   Michelle, that seems unfair.  I would have thought that you would be a priority person, even before the reasonably well though old.  Do you know why?

• Like 4

Another seemingly decent day ahead weatherwise. Josy that is very sad and I hope that after a rest you will return. Plans here are minimal but I am starting to feel much better. No trauma for the low riders today no-one to walk them and as if they know that they are all positioned on and not underneath the sofa. Plus they have spotted the appearance of a chicken and are certain that will involve a nice dinner for them with me being allowed a morsel if I am good - they are not wrong.

Sorry to hear that you are leaving Josy, you will be missed but wishing you all the best .

Hope everyone is well and those that are/have been poorly get better soonest.

Another sunny day down here, although still a bit on the breezy side. After yesterday we now have more daylight hours.

Nothing planned for today but the normal day to day chores.

• Like 7

Bright and sunny here today so far but a chilly start. At long last, reparations have started following the leak that became apparent just before Christmas. Two guys here and they have removed all the laminate flooring in the hall, dining room and lounge. New laminate should be arriving very soon as another guy is off collecting it now!

A bit of a pain having tradesmen around for a couple of weeks but needs must.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy

Sorry to hear you are going Josy, maybe you will miss us and return, if not I wish you the best of luck and good wishes for the future.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

But that is a very long way away from the actual sea. I'd never photograph flying fish or turtles. Whales maybe.

I too prefer to look over the railing which you can do at the aft decks or your balcony only.

Maybe someone can explain this design?

Graham.

Josy

Thank you for all your work at the vaccine jab sites Josy.

It has been a pleasure reading your posts and if you see Pauline and I on a ship please say hello.

Wishing you all the best Josy.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

Josy

I was very surprised to read your post this morning Josy.  I hope that you and your family are well, and has had no bearing on your decision. We all find it necessary occasionally to take one, or even two steps back from day to day interactions, to recharge and focus on our own well being. I, like you, am reading the posts, but also sometimes reacting, which makes me still feel connected to my CC friends. 

Please don't forget us Josy, your are a lovely lady who has been a source of comfort and advice to us all.

Have a wonderful relaxing cruise Josy, and I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Avril

xx

• Like 14