P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Do places like Canary Islands and Spain and Portugal allow you to pay with credit cards etc at card machines? Or is it just cash? 

don’t usually use or take cash with us and last time we went abroad which was usa we just used the credit card as it was a travel one and paid when we got back. 

Never had a problem. Plenty of machines for payment or cash withdrawals. We don’t take cash, except a few emergency Euros, but always wise to have backup cards in case there are problems with one.

13 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Do places like Canary Islands and Spain and Portugal allow you to pay with credit cards etc at card machines? Or is it just cash? 

don’t usually use or take cash with us and last time we went abroad which was usa we just used the credit card as it was a travel one and paid when we got back. 

You can use your credit card.

If in a shop elect to pay in Euro's as their exchange rate is poor if you elect to let them convert the price to £sterling.

Morning everyone.

Another bright and sunny morning down here are into double figures already😀

Hope you all remembered to change the clocks last night!

My granddaughter's birthday party went well last night and there was enough food and drink to feed, as normal when we cater, to feed an army!

20220326_165631.jpg

20220326_182603.jpg

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Never had a problem. Plenty of machines for payment or cash withdrawals. We don’t take cash, except a few emergency Euros, but always wise to have backup cards in case there are problems with one.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You can use your credit card.

If in a shop elect to pay in Euro's as their exchange rate is poor if you elect to let them convert the price to £sterling.

brilliant thanks peeps

just makes it easier. 

we took loads of euros last time and didn’t spend anything at any of the foreign ports but hopefully this time we won’t be as miserable. 

anyone any good on insurance. Are holiday extras good?

purplesea -that party looks fantastic!  

wowzz - I deduce that you are going on Arcadia to the Canaries?  Hope we hear from you during the trip; looks like you are getting away just in time before it goes colder here.  Have a good time.  Silly, but I feel an affinity with wowzz simply because we live in the same county.  A bit pathetic, but there are not too many of us in this corner of England.  For which I am actually grateful.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

brilliant thanks peeps

just makes it easier. 

we took loads of euros last time and didn’t spend anything at any of the foreign ports but hopefully this time we won’t be as miserable. 

Do not buy anything through Holiday Extras. Expensive!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Do not buy anything through Holiday Extras. Expensive!

it’s quoted me £83 including my medical stuff (although that shouldn’t effect quotes much) for family on annual European cover on silver. 
I thought it was a good price. Just don’t know how good they are when anything goes wrong 

39 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

brilliant thanks peeps

just makes it easier. 

Just to add,a credit card that doesn't charge for foreign transactions is ideal.We use a Santander zero in Europe and we use it all the time as the rate is almost the same as the bank rate,ie 1.20 Euro to GBP at the mo where the cash exchange rate is only 1.17.

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

purplesea -that party looks fantastic!  

wowzz - I deduce that you are going on Arcadia to the Canaries?  Hope we hear from you during the trip; looks like you are getting away just in time before it goes colder here.  Have a good time.  Silly, but I feel an affinity with wowzz simply because we live in the same county.  A bit pathetic, but there are not too many of us in this corner of England.  For which I am actually grateful.

Yes, Arcadia.

It is pretty quiet where we are, but Lincoln is only 10 miles away if we want some excitement! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

One thing to be aware of. 
You may be offered “for your convenience” to be charged in pounds rather than euros or dollars. If you accept this the foreign bank will do the currency conversion. Always decline this option and let the charge in euros go through to your bank and your bank will then do the currency conversion. Almost certainly your bank will give you a better rate.

Brian

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Another bright and sunny morning down here are into double figures already😀

Hope you all remembered to change the clocks last night!

My granddaughter's birthday party went well last night and there was enough food and drink to feed, as normal when we cater, to feed an army!

20220326_165631.jpg

20220326_182603.jpg

Happy birthday Alice.

Looks like lots of nice food.

Graham.

birthday-wishes.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

brilliant thanks peeps

just makes it easier. 

We got an annual policy from All Clear because of my medical history.

Graham.